Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
Archive for January, 2009« Previous Entries
Big bears have been all over the news.
Peanut Capital of the World | Little Rock’s Little Rock | Hog Killing Day | Secret Ball Facility
The rapid approach of February 12, 2009 — Abe Lincoln’s 200th birthday — has spurred several communities to tie themselves to the 16th President with plaques, memorials, and statues. One such town is Elizabethtown, Kentucky, which has announced that by February 12 it will erect a monument on the spot where Abraham Lincoln’s dad and [...]
Frozen Putts | Grain Silo B&B | Off-Season at the Pyramid | Fantasize at the Rock Sign
We’ve been to attractions that are haunted, and we’ve been to spook houses that capture you on video while you’re being scared. But The Paraplex in New Orleans, Louisiana, is something new.
Beer Can Milestone | Dino Crime | Satan Takes This Round | The Bong | American Celebration on Parade« Previous Entries
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man