Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
Archive for December, 2010
The world’s first Cigar Box Museum is now located in the 77-year-old Speal’s Tavern in New Alexandria, Pennsylvania.
The Upstate New York village of East Aurora is well on its way to becoming an epicenter of eccentric signage. The small burg of 6,700 residents already hosts a number of over-sized sculptures that do double duty as smile-inducing landmarks and advertisements for local businesses.
Wars, without exception, are awful — but World War II honestly earned its world-class misery ranking as it tore its way through populations around the globe. Its death toll for military and civilians makes most post-World War II conflicts seem like inconvenient skirmishes (except, of course, to anyone in those conflicts).
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay