Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
Archive for June, 2011
In May 2003 the “Old Man of the Mountain” fell off a cliff in Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. It was a natural rock formation that looked like a craggy face, so loved by its state that its profile is still used on New Hampshire license plates and road signs.
A 55-foot-long piece of steampunk-inspired barnyard-cyborg art, Steam Pig, is for sale. It has to be moved by the end of July. Its creators are listening to all offers.
For a brief two years, a Thailand-born elephant named Queenie became the last known live pachyderm to master water skis.
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay