Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
Archive for July, 2011
We’ve long had an affection for Owney the Railway Mail Dog, even though he likely wouldn’t have returned the love.
Will Russell has a dream. Well, actually, he has several dreams — and none of them are normal.
Muffler Men, with their mysterious migrations and fascinating mutations, never fail to mesmerize travelers — almost 50 years since the giant statues first spread along America’s highways, and 15 years since Roadside America collected them in one place to point out the phenomenon.
Do you want your very own plastic Braxton County Monster? You might find a used one online, but for a fresh model you have to go to the source: Braxton County, West Virginia.
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay