Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
Archive for August, 2011
Two visionary women want to transform a sleepy region of upstate New York into a tourist destination known as “The Valley of the Giants.”
The U.S. Postal Service has announced plans to close thousands of post offices that it believes are no longer worth keeping open.
WorldTourWatch: A statue of Ronald Reagan was unveiled in London, England’s Grosvenor Square on July 4th.
If Morley’s Dog had a proper name, it washed away along with everything else in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, when a dam burst and destroyed the city in 1889.
Canada’s newest attraction, the EdgeWalk, tethers visitors to cables and lets them teeter over the edge atop the CN Tower, a quarter-mile high above Toronto.
- Two Gallows, One Beatle: Good Times At The Old Jail
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes