Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
April 26, 2008
Filmmaker Don Bernier (who we first met when he created 2004′s In a Nutshell, about the Nut Lady) has a new short video documentary — Shelf Life — featuring Raymond “Bones” Bandar, who has collected 7,000 skulls, mostly marine mammals. Retired high school teacher Bandar has packed his San Francisco home with specimens. According to Don: “His wife of 50 years, artist Alkmene Bandar, has only one rule: no skulls in the bedroom.” Shelf Life premieres at the 51st San Francisco International Film Festival on April 27, with another showing on April 30, 2008.
You can watch a short Quicktime clip from the video and find info on upcoming screenings.
Sections: Video Comments Off
Discussion is closed.
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man