Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
April 19, 2009
The reason for the store’s demise is unclear, although the Bergen Record cited reports of “a difficult Christmas season.”
Those unfamiliar with Fountains of Wayne might wonder why Christmas would matter to a fountain store. But the Winters family, which owned Fountains of Wayne for over 40 years, loved Christmas. The large store overflowed with Christmas decorations in the chilly months, and its second floor was a separate, a walk-thru attraction filled with elaborate animated Santa displays, placing St. Nick in unusual places such as a pizzeria, astride a Harley, or hobnobbing with caped superheroes.
If you’ve always wanted a strange diorama of gambling dolls, now is the time to put in a bid.
Fountains of Wayne (Gone)
- Route 46 westbound side on the right before the overpass.
4 Responses to “Christmas Finally Ends At Fountains Of Wayne”
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay