Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
There’s been some buzz recently about the Historical Center in Columbus, Ohio, which has opened a temporary exhibit titled “Controversy: Pieces You Don’t Normally See.”
Have you ever driven from Omaha into Council Bluffs on I-80 — and been unaware that you’ve crossed from Nebraska into Iowa? That won’t happen again.
In the world of real, living gnomes, gigantism is a fatal defect. You’d get stuck crawling into your tree. You’d be easily spotted and either eaten by some forest carnivore, or captured and probed by some mad scientist or aspiring P.T. Barnum.
Greenville, Michigan’s Little Mermaid statue has caused nary a ripple since it was gifted to the city in 1994.
Car Air Fresheners – FL | Webb’s City Revived in Musical – FL | Electronic Games – NY | Video Game Museum – IA
Fans of phony biblical giants and sideshow hooey will be pleased to know that an exhaustively researched book about the Cardiff Giant has now been published.« Previous Entries
- Florida Forbids: Anthropomorphic Alligators
- Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN