Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
For five years the castle-like Kentucky Military History Museum — formerly the State Arsenal — has been open only sporadically. $2 million has been spent over that time to restore it to its fortress 1850 appearance.
Our favorite wax museums always seem to live on borrowed time. The characters and scenes haven’t changed for decades, awkwardly frozen in a bygone era.
Will Russell has a dream. Well, actually, he has several dreams — and none of them are normal.
If you’ve driven anywhere in eastern Kentucky, you’ve seen billboards with the grinning face of Eric C. Conn, “Mr. Social Security.” Conn, by his own reckoning, is one of the top Social Security disability lawyers in the country. He commissioned a self-promotional music video to convince the Obama administration to appoint him to its Social [...]
Kids! Learn About Rocks – NH | Boulder Border Dispute – OH – KY | Shopping with the Gods – CA | Burnt Castle – FL
In these ecologically sensitive times, maybe we all should start listening to the trees. Unfortunately, real trees have a hard time communicating clearly with their limited vocabulary and poor diction.« Previous Entries
- East Coast Cicadas: Attractions They Couldn’t See In 1996
- Gotta See ‘Em All: Pursuing America’s Giants
- Two Gallows, One Beatle: Good Times At The Old Jail
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)