Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
February 26, 2009
Why would anyone want a cup of coffee without a warm lid in a cold place like Vassalboro, Maine?
Then you enter the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop and realize that it isn’t the beverages that are topless….
According to the Kennebec Journal, the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop opened quietly on Monday, despite tepid support from the town and protests from some local residents. It’s an equal opportunity topless establishment (both men and women servers are half-naked). A waitress named Susie, interviewed by the Journal, said that her job was “very empowering.” And apparently hundreds of candidates vied for the 10 staff positions…
Even though it endured a chilly reception in Vassalboro, the Topless Coffee Shop should be thankful that it’s not in Rock Hill, South Carolina — not after what that town did to its statues, and they weren’t even naked.
5 Responses to “Topless Coffee In Chilly Maine”
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man