Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
February 26, 2009
Why would anyone want a cup of coffee without a warm lid in a cold place like Vassalboro, Maine?
Then you enter the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop and realize that it isn’t the beverages that are topless….
According to the Kennebec Journal, the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop opened quietly on Monday, despite tepid support from the town and protests from some local residents. It’s an equal opportunity topless establishment (both men and women servers are half-naked). A waitress named Susie, interviewed by the Journal, said that her job was “very empowering.” And apparently hundreds of candidates vied for the 10 staff positions…
Even though it endured a chilly reception in Vassalboro, the Topless Coffee Shop should be thankful that it’s not in Rock Hill, South Carolina — not after what that town did to its statues, and they weren’t even naked.
5 Responses to “Topless Coffee In Chilly Maine”
- Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay
- Some National Museums Beyond National Bickering