Find Alaska travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
North Pole, Alaska
A gift shop dedicated to Christmas, with all the trappings, including live reindeer.
Taxidermied Togo, unsung sled dog hero of 1925 diptheria epidemic.
Consider the folly of building a four-story igloo in Alaska to attract tourists.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Alaska
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Alaska attractions.
- Anchorage: Snow Plow Train [tips]
- Anchorage: Burial Spirit Houses [tips]
- Anchorage: Outhouse Race [tips]
- Anchorage: Whale Drowns Men [tips]
- Barrow: Will Rogers/Wiley Post Crash Memorial [tips]
- Cantwell: Igloo City [tips]
- Chena Hot Springs: Aurora Ice Museum [tips]
- Coldfoot: Arctic Circle Photo Op [tips]
- Fairbanks: Aurora Express Train-Themed B&B [tips]
- Fox: Alaskan Pipeline Park [tips]
- Haines: Hammer Museum [tips]
- Juneau: Patsy the Dog monument
- Juneau: Wizard of Oz Metal Statues [tips]
- North Pole: Santa Claus House. America's northernmost Christmas-theme land. [tips]
- Point Barrow: Northernmost Totem Pole [tips]
- Seward: Benny Benson Memorial [tips]
- Solomon: Last Train to Nowhere [tips]
- Wasilla: Musher's Hall of Fame
- Wasilla: Stuffed Togo - Unsung Diphtheria Hero Sled Dog