Find Alaska travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
North Pole, Alaska
America's northernmost Christmas-themed town, with live reindeer and the World's Largest Santa.
A huge, empty Igloo stands on an empty stretch of highway. Reason enough to drive to Alaska!
We all know glory-hog Balto's story, but what about Togo, the sled dog hero of Nome's diptheria epidemic?
The Alaska Zoo remembers their artistic elephant star, Annabelle, with a stone marker.
The mythical Greek beefcake titan, Atlas, inexplicably lifts a wire frame globe above the Anchorage Fur Factory.
Juneau's mascot dog, a bull terrier pup named Patsy Ann acted as dockside greeter for 13 years.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Alaska
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Alaska attractions.
- Anchor Point: Beatrice the Bee [tips]
- Anchorage: Snow Plow Train [tips]
- Anchorage: Outhouse Races - Fur Rendezvous [tips]
- Anchorage: Whale Drowns Men Statue [tips]
- Anchorage: Sun and Scale Model of Solar System [tips]
- Anchorage: Gravity Hill [tips]
- Anchorage: Chocolate Waterfall and Fountain [tips]
- Anchorage: Grave of Annabelle, Painting Elephant
- Anchorage: Northern Lights in Art [tips]
- Anchorage: Burial Spirit Houses [tips]
- Anchorage: Fur Factory Atlas Statue
- Anchorage: Chrome Bear [tips]
- Anchorage: Parking Garage Tribute to Captain Cook Voyages [tips]
- Anchorage: Fishing Reel Bridge [tips]
- Anchorage: Playground Rocket Ship [tips]
- Barrow: Wiley Post and Will Rogers Crash Memorial [tips]
- Barrow: Whale Ribs Photo Opportunity [tips]
- Cantwell: Igloo City - Giant Igloo-Shaped Building
- Chena Hot Springs: Aurora Ice Museum [tips]
- Coldfoot: Arctic Circle Photo Op [tips]
- Coldfoot: Former Northernmost Spruce Tree [tips]
- Delta Junction: Highway's End Mosquitoes [tips]
- Fairbanks: Aurora Express Train-Themed B&B [tips]
- Fairbanks: Interior Alaska Antler Arch [tips]
- Fox: Touch the Alaskan Oil Pipeline Here [tips]
- Girdwood: Hand Tram Across Canyon [tips]
- Haines: Hammer Museum [tips]
- Houston: Batmobile, London Bus, VW Ladybug [tips]
- Juneau: Patsy the Dog Statue
- Juneau: Wizard of Oz Metal Statues [tips]
- Kasilof: Big Mosquito: Bite My Butt [tips]
- Ketchikan: World's Largest Gold Nugget [tips]
- Ketchikan: Dolly's House Museum: Brothel [tips]
- Knik: Musher's Hall of Fame
- Nome: Last Train to Nowhere [tips]
- Nome: World's Largest Gold Pan [tips]
- North Pole: Santa Claus House and Statue
- North Pole: Dinosaur, Horse, Lady Greenhouse Planters [tips]
- Northway Junction: Border Bench of International Friendship [tips]
- Palmer: Mini-Train and Balto the Wonder Dog [tips]
- Point Barrow: Northernmost Totem Pole in the World [tips]
- Seward: Memorial to the Kid who Designed Alaska's Flag [tips]
- Seward: Good Friday Earthquake Memorial [tips]
- Skagway: Skagway Brothel Museum [tips]
- Soldotna: Alaskan Carousel Carvings [tips]
- Talkeetna: Cat Mayor [tips]
- Talkeetna: Mountain Climber Memorial [tips]
- Tok: Mukluk Land - Santa's Rocket Ship [tips]
- Valdez: Earthquake Town - Valdez Museum [tips]
- Valdez: Lonesome Fish Statue [tips]
- Valdez: Whispering Giant - Indian Head [tips]
- Wasilla: Stuffed Togo the Wonder Dog
- Wiseman: White Man's Totem Pole / Beer Monument [tips]