Find Alaska travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
North Pole, Alaska
A gift shop dedicated to Christmas, with all the trappings, including live reindeer.
Taxidermied Togo, unsung sled dog hero of 1925 diptheria epidemic.
Consider the folly of building a four-story igloo in Alaska to attract tourists.
Various - Who says that Alaska isn't full of fun things to see -- even in the dead of winter? Not us! A sampling of recent news stories lays to rest the notion that there's ever an "off-season" in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Alaska attractions.
- Anchorage: Snow Plow Train [tips]
- Anchorage: Burial Spirit Houses [tips]
- Anchorage: Outhouse Race [tips]
- Anchorage: Whale Drowns Men [tips]
- Barrow: Will Rogers/Wiley Post Crash Memorial [tips]
- Cantwell: Igloo City [tips]
- Chena Hot Springs: Aurora Ice Museum [tips]
- Coldfoot: Arctic Circle Photo Op [tips]
- Fairbanks: Aurora Express Train-Themed B&B [tips]
- Fox: Alaskan Pipeline Park [tips]
- Haines: Hammer Museum [tips]
- Juneau: Patsy the Dog monument
- Juneau: Wizard of Oz Metal Statues [tips]
- North Pole: Santa Claus House. America's northernmost Christmas-theme land. [tips]
- Point Barrow: Northernmost Totem Pole [tips]
- Seward: Benny Benson Memorial [tips]
- Solomon: Last Train to Nowhere [tips]
- Wasilla: Musher's Hall of Fame
- Wasilla: Stuffed Togo - Unsung Diphtheria Hero Sled Dog