Find Alabama travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
It fell to earth and hit housewife Ann Hodges on November 30, 1954.
The world's first full-size fiberglass Stonehenge, built by Foamhenge creator Mark Cline.
33-ft. tall steel landmark -- this office supply company means business.
Since 1989, Joe Minter has been packing his yard with home-made sculptures, shrines, and signs as a tribute to African-Americans, on orders from God.
America's space armada and impressive contrail of rocket and NASA history artifacts.
Store where anything you've ever lost at the airport may end up at a bargain price.
Adolf Hitler's silver tea set and rare spy assassination weapons are two highlights at the Berman Museum of World History.
Ascend a tower to the 56-foot-tall statue of Vulcan, the pagan, bare-butted Roman smithy god.
For those who love exploring industrial ruins. Wander around an immense, rusting, turn-of-the-20th-century blast furnace.
Country music star's car is at the Hank Williams Museum. And his grave is covered with astroturf.
Freaky hoo-ha etched into the garret window of an Alabama courthouse in 1878, still visible today if you squint.
Miniature world of religious buildings created by one single-minded monk.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Alabama
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Alabama attractions.
- Anniston: Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons
- Anniston: World's Largest Office Chair
- Bessemer: Hitler's Typewriter
- Birmingham: Joe Minter's African Village in America
- Birmingham: Vulcan Iron Man
- Birmingham: Racist Hell Hounds sculpture
- Birmingham: Sloss Furnaces
- Birmingham: Statue of Liberty Replica [tips]
- Brundidge: Car Bumper Chicken [tips]
- Carrollton: Lightning Portrait of Henry Wells
- Cherokee: Coon Dog Cemetery [tips]
- Childersburg: DeSoto Caverns
- Clanton: Big Peach statue
- Clanton: Big Peach Water Tower
- Clayton: Whiskey Bottle Tombstone [tips]
- Cullman: Ave Maria Grotto
- Decatur: Pest Control Exhibit
- Dothan: Peanut Capital of the World [tips]
- Dothan: Monument to the Hog
- Elberta: Bamahenge
- Elkmont: Saturn 1B Rocket
- Enterprise: Boll Weevil Monument [tips]
- Huntsville: Grave of Miss Baker, Space Monkey
- Huntsville: US Space and Rocket Center
- Mentone: Church Built Around a Rock [tips]
- Mobile: Battleship USS Alabama [tips], Sub USS Drum [tips]
- Mobile: Mobile Medical Museum [tips]
- Montgomery: Hank Williams Death Car, his Funeral Site Statue, his Astroturf Grave
- Montgomery: The MOOseum [tips]
- Northport: Huge red dog, fire ant [tips]
- Northport: McD's - Reagan Ate Here
- Prattville: W. C. Rice's Cross Garden
- Rockford: Fred, Town Dog Monument
- Scottsboro: Unclaimed Baggage Center
- Seale: Museum of Wonder [tips]
- Sylacauga: Gravity Hill [tips]
- Tuscaloosa: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite