Find Alabama travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
A church wedged into a huge sandstone boulder, which serves as a backdrop for its pulpit.
It fell to earth and hit Ann Hodges in her house in 1954, displayed at the Alabama Museum of Natural History.
The world's first full-size fiberglass Stonehenge was built by Foamhenge creator Mark Cline.
The giant Lady, a creation of artist Mark Cline, appears to be using the Bayou La Launch as a bathtub.
Four realistic dinosaurs appear to be strolling through the woods, far from any logical tourist attraction.
Top Rated Attractions
33-ft. tall steel landmark -- this office supply company means business.
Ascend a tower to the 56-foot-tall statue of Vulcan, the pagan, bare-butted Roman smithy god.
Since 1989, Joe Minter has been packing his yard with homemade sculptures, shrines, and signs as a tribute to African-Americans, on orders from God.
For those who love exploring industrial ruins. Wander around an immense, rusting, turn-of-the-20th-century blast furnace.
Fantastically detailed miniature world of religious buildings was created by one single-minded monk.
America's space armada has left an impressive contrail of rocket and NASA history artifacts.
Country music star's car is at the Hank Williams Museum. And his grave is covered with astroturf.
Store where anything you've ever lost at the airport may end up at a bargain price.
Adolf Hitler's tea service plots porcelain domination in the Berman Museum of World History's coffee and tea service collection.
What kind of a typist was Adolf Hitler? Perhaps that question can be answered by the star artifact at Bessemer's Hall of History.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Alabama
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Alabama attractions.
- Anniston: World's Largest Office Chair
- Anniston: Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons
- Athens: Giant Statue of a Boy [tips]
- Bessemer: Adolf Hitler's Typewriter
- Birmingham: Vulcan the Iron Man
- Birmingham: Statue of Liberty Replica
- Birmingham: Stan the Muffler Man
- Birmingham: African Village in America
- Birmingham: The Sloss Furnaces
- Birmingham: Bronze Statue of Eddie Kendricks
- Birmingham: World's Largest Motorcycle Museum [tips]
- Birmingham: Blaze the Dragon [tips]
- Carrollton: Lightning Portrait Etched in Window
- Cherokee: Coon Dog Graveyard [tips]
- Childersburg: DeSoto Caverns
- Clanton: Big Peach Water Tower
- Cloverdale: Cloverdale Spook Lights [tips]
- Cullman: Ave Maria Grotto
- Danville: Jesse Owens Park and Museum [tips]
- Dora: Tim Hollis' Pop Culture Museum [tips]
- Dothan: Big Gold Peanut and Art Peanuts [tips]
- Dothan: Monument to the Hog
- Dothan: World's Smallest City Block [tips]
- Double Springs: Dual Destiny Monument [tips]
- Elberta: Dinosaurs in the Woods
- Elberta: Bamahenge
- Elberta: Lady in the Lake
- Enterprise: Boll Weevil Monument [tips]
- Florence: World's Longest Memorial to a Woman or an Indian [tips]
- Florence: Live Lions on College Campus [tips]
- Forkland: Jim Bird's Hay Bale Art and Tin Man [tips]
- Gadsden: Noccalula Falls Doomed Maiden [tips]
- Gulf Shores: Walk into a Giant Open-Mouthed Shark [tips]
- Hanceville: Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament [tips]
- Huntsville: U.S. Space and Rocket Center
- Jasper: Jesus on a Hospital Door [tips]
- Lanett: Playhouse Grave of Little Nadine Earles [tips]
- Mentone: Church With a Rock In It
- Mobile: U.S.S Alabama Battleship [tips]
- Montgomery: Hank Williams Death Car
- Northport: Ronald Reagan Ate Here McDonald's [tips]
- Northport: Huge Red Dog [tips]
- Prattville: Cross Garden - Hell's Warning Label
- Roanoke: Gas Station Crudely Shaped Like An Elephant [tips]
- Scottsboro: Unclaimed Baggage Center
- Seale: Museum of Wonder [tips]
- Sheffield: Giant Aluminum Rock 'n' Roller
- Summerdale: Spear Hunting Museum [tips]
- Summerdale: Alligator Alley - Home Of Captain Crunch [tips]
- Tuscaloosa: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite
- Tuscaloosa: Fallen Robot - Goldie 1971 [tips]