Find Alabama travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
A church wedged into a huge sandstone boulder, which serves as a backdrop for its pulpit.
It fell to earth and hit housewife Ann Hodges on November 30, 1954.
The world's first full-size fiberglass Stonehenge, built by Foamhenge creator Mark Cline.
33-ft. tall steel landmark -- this office supply company means business.
Since 1989, Joe Minter has been packing his yard with home-made sculptures, shrines, and signs as a tribute to African-Americans, on orders from God.
America's space armada and impressive contrail of rocket and NASA history artifacts.
Store where anything you've ever lost at the airport may end up at a bargain price.
Adolf Hitler's silver tea set and rare spy assassination weapons are two highlights at the Berman Museum of World History.
Ascend a tower to the 56-foot-tall statue of Vulcan, the pagan, bare-butted Roman smithy god.
For those who love exploring industrial ruins. Wander around an immense, rusting, turn-of-the-20th-century blast furnace.
Country music star's car is at the Hank Williams Museum. And his grave is covered with astroturf.
Freaky hoo-ha etched into the garret window of an Alabama courthouse in 1878, still visible today if you squint.
Miniature world of religious buildings created by one single-minded monk.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Alabama
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Alabama attractions.
- Anniston: Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons
- Anniston: World's Largest Office Chair
- Bessemer: Hitler's Typewriter
- Birmingham: Joe Minter's African Village in America
- Birmingham: Vulcan Iron Man
- Birmingham: Racist Hell Hounds sculpture
- Birmingham: Sloss Furnaces
- Birmingham: Statue of Liberty Replica [tips]
- Brundidge: Car Bumper Chicken [tips]
- Carrollton: Lightning Portrait of Henry Wells
- Cherokee: Coon Dog Cemetery [tips]
- Childersburg: DeSoto Caverns
- Clanton: Big Peach statue
- Clanton: Big Peach Water Tower
- Clayton: Whiskey Bottle Tombstone [tips]
- Cullman: Ave Maria Grotto
- Decatur: Pest Control Exhibit
- Dothan: Peanut Capital of the World [tips]
- Dothan: Monument to the Hog
- Elberta: Bamahenge
- Elkmont: Saturn 1B Rocket
- Enterprise: Boll Weevil Monument [tips]
- Huntsville: Grave of Miss Baker, Space Monkey
- Huntsville: US Space and Rocket Center
- Mentone: Church Built Around a Rock [tips]
- Mobile: Battleship USS Alabama [tips], Sub USS Drum [tips]
- Mobile: Mobile Medical Museum [tips]
- Montgomery: Hank Williams Death Car, his Funeral Site Statue, his Astroturf Grave
- Montgomery: The MOOseum [tips]
- Northport: Huge red dog, fire ant [tips]
- Northport: McD's - Reagan Ate Here
- Prattville: W. C. Rice's Cross Garden
- Rockford: Fred, Town Dog Monument
- Scottsboro: Unclaimed Baggage Center
- Seale: Museum of Wonder [tips]
- Sylacauga: Gravity Hill [tips]
- Tuscaloosa: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite