Find Colorado travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Monte Vista, Colorado
Open the curtains. crank up the cheesy speaker, and watch a drive-in movie from the comfort of your motel room.
The only high-altitude alligator farm started as a fish farm, and the gators were convenient garbage disposals.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
May family's huge collection of exotic insects -- rare beetles, deadly spiders, wily phasmids -- from the jungles and remote reaches of the world.
Dine in a mine, or watch indoor cliff divers while seranaded by a mariachi band.
Folk architect Cano tells us about the inpiration for his junk towers.
Cattle rancher Judy Messoline built a UFO Watchtower so that everyone could better see what flies over her land.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mel "Dragon Man" Bernstein owns a vast private military museum with rarities you won't see anywhere else. And if you have a clean record, he can sell you a machine gun!
Fort Collins - Timnath, Colorado
Meet Bill Swets, the zookeeper of a humorous metal menagerie.
A gas station turned used car dealership made of petrified wood.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Colorado
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Colorado attractions.
- Antonito: Cano's Castle - Beer Can Folk Art
- Bailey: Giant Hot Dog [tips]
- Beulah: Bishop Castle
- Boulder: Cannibal Cafeteria
- Broomfield: Shep, Toll Road Dog
- Canon City: Prison Museum
- Colorado Springs: Dragon Man's Military Museum
- Colorado Springs: Magic Town
- Colorado Springs: Largest Hercules Beetle, May Museum of the Tropics
- Cripple Creek: Brothel Sights [tips]
- Denver: Buckhorn Exchange
- Denver: Forney Transportation Museum [tips]
- Denver:"Why I Love Her" USA Map
- Eaton: Antique Washing Machine Museum [tips]
- Estes Park: 20,000 Keys [tips]
- Fairplay: Bum, Prunes and Shorty
- Fort Collins: Annie, the Railroad Dog
- Fort Collins: Swetsville Zoo
- Four Corners: Where Four States Meet
- Fruita: Mike the Headless Chicken
- Golden: Coors Plant Tours [tips]
- Hooper: UFO Watchtower
- Idaho Springs: Steve Canyon Statue
- Lafayette: Vampire grave [tips]
- Lake City: Alferd Packer Massacre Site
- Lakewood: Casa Bonita
- Lamar: Petrified Wood Building
- Littleton: Grave of America's Favorite Cannibal
- Ludlow: Birthplace of Public Relations
- Mancos: Rain of Giant Arrows
- Manitou Springs: Manitou Cliff Dwellings
- Monte Vista: Movie Manor Motor Inn
- Mosca: Colorado Gators Reptile Park
- Nederland: Grandpa Bredo on Ice [tips]
- North Pole: Where Santa Lives [tips]
- Strasburg: The Golden Spike Controversy