Denver, Colorado Attractions
Unusual landmarks, museums, roadside attractions, and hidden wonders in Denver and the surrounding area. The Mile High City was known that way long before marijuana was legalized; in fact, there's a monument where you can stand exactly one mile high. And another monument to the birthplace of the cheeseburger. And Denver's airport is supposed to be haunted.
Opened in a century-old real church in 2017, the Church of Cannabis dazzles devotees and tourists alike with mesmerizing artwork.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
Dine Mexican in a mine, or watch indoor cliff divers while serenaded by a mariachi band.
The Buckhorn Exchange has been serving up fleshy chow under the marble-eyed gaze of its mounted kill since 1893.
John Breaux would ride around town on his bike, picking up trash. That's what he was doing when he was hit by a car. The town raised money to erect a statue in his honor.
Grave of the mutt who was the pet of lonely toll collectors, moved in October 2009 to make way for highway interchange work.
Roadside attraction map art with tourist snapshots covers maps on two corridor walls at Denver International Airport.
In and Around Denver
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Colorado attractions.
- Lakewood: Casa Bonita
- Denver: Mile High, Watch Your Step [tips]
- Denver: Big Chair with Horse [tips]
- Denver: Big Sweep - Dust Pan and Broom Sculpture [tips]
- Denver: Giant Metal Cow Statues [tips]
- Denver: Abandoned TV Walk of Fame [tips]
- Denver: Big Blue Bear [tips]
- Denver: Soundwalk [tips]
- Denver: Buckhorn Exchange Restaurant - 500 Stuffed Animals
- Denver: International Church of Cannabis
- Denver: Downtown Aquarium: Mermaids
- Denver: 20-Foot-Tall Dog Made of Dog Tags [tips]
- Denver: Giant Milk Can Ice Cream Shop [tips]
- Denver: Monument to the Birthplace of the Cheeseburger
- Denver: Forney Transportation Museum: Amelia Earhart's Car [tips]
- Denver: Tour a Candy Factory [tips]
- Lakewood: Bugs Bunny Motel [tips]
- Denver: Concrete Cowboy [tips]
- Aurora: 16-Foot-Tall Blue Chair on Three Legs [tips]
- Lakewood: Davies Chuck Wagon Diner [tips]
- Denver: Sleeping Giant in a Sombrero [tips]