Find Connecticut travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
A prehistoric backyard project by Jeff Wells.
Timex's corporate museum blends a history of timepieces with a mysterious journey to Easter Island.
This recreation of a historic 19th century Cabinet of Curiosities collection contains many taxidermy marvels.
A farm silo turned into the World's Largest Jack-in-the-Box is just another freaky project for senior love child Wild Bill Ziegler.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Connecticut
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Connecticut attractions.
- Bristol: American Clock and Watch Museum [tips]
- Cornwall: Cursed Dudleytown [tips]
- Cromwell: Wacky car wash [tips]
- Hartford: Cabinet of Curiosities
- Hartford: Trash Museum [tips]
- Milford: Parrots of Connecticut [tips]
- Middletown: Wild Bill's Nostalgia Center
- Mystic: St. Edmund's Severed Arm [tips]
- New Britain: Iwo Jima Monument replica
- New Haven: Birthplace of the Hamburger [tips]
- New Haven: Knights of Columbus Museum [tips]
- New Haven: Midnight Mary Grave [tips]
- Norwalk: World's Largest Dairy Store
- Southington: Neglected Dinosaurs [tips]
- Stratford: Antique Toll Booth [tips]
- Uncasville: Wells Dinosaur Haven
- Waterbury: JFK: I'll Be Back in 1964
- Waterbury: Timexpo Museum & Easter Island Statue
- West Haven: Savin Rock Museum [tips]
- Willimantic: Giant Frogs on Thread Spools [tips]