Find Connecticut travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
A farm silo turned into the World's Largest Jack-in-the-Box is just another freaky project for senior love child Wild Bill Ziegler.
A backyard set of impressive sculptures, and the only place where we've seen a full-sized T-Rex posed playing a mandolin.
Fiberglass Paul Bunyan Muffler Man statue holds a flag to comply with town signage laws.
This recreation of a historic 19th century Cabinet of Curiosities collection contains many taxidermy marvels.
Eeeeew! A real, mummified human arm, hacked off of a real Saint centuries ago.
New Haven, Connecticut
A tiny restaurant that says it served the first hamburger in 1900. Its burgers remain unchanged, and are cooked on the original grill.
A long-closed attraction that became more interesting as it decayed. 2015: signs of restoration evident.
Timex's corporate museum blends a history of timepieces with a mysterious journey to Easter Island. Scheduled to close Sep. 30, 2015.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Connecticut
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Connecticut attractions.
- Bridgeport: Barnum Museum: Centaur Skeleton [tips]
- Cheshire: Muffler Man - Bunyan
- Danbury: Statue of the Teen Girl Paul Revere [tips]
- East Haddam: Gillette Castle - Sherlock Holmes Apartment [tips]
- Groton: Submarine Capital of the World [tips]
- Hartford: Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities
- Middletown: Wild Bill's Nostalgia Center
- Mystic: St. Edmund's Severed Arm
- New Haven: Home of the Hamburger
- Norwich: Muffler Man [tips]
- Orange: PEZ Visitor Center [tips]
- Salem: Muffler Man - Missing in CT? [tips]
- Stratford: Obsolete Toll Booths On Display [tips]
- Uncasville: Wells Dinosaur Haven
- Waterbury: Holy Land USA
- Waterbury: Timexpo Museum and Easter Island Statue
- West Hartford: Walk-Thru Outdoor Whale [tips]