Find Connecticut travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
A farm silo turned into the World's Largest Jack-in-the-Box is just another freaky project for senior love child Wild Bill Ziegler.
A backyard set of impressive sculptures, and the only place where we've seen a full-sized T-Rex posed playing a mandolin.
Fiberglass Paul Bunyan Muffler Man statue holds a flag to comply with town signage laws.
Eeeeew! A real, mummified human arm, hacked off of a real Saint centuries ago.
New Haven, Connecticut
A tiny restaurant that says it served the first hamburger in 1900. Its burgers remain unchanged, and are cooked on the original grill.
A cowboy of strip-mall commerce, Big Bob carries an American flag. He's 22 feet tall, and the cowboy's pedestal makes him seem even taller.
A long-closed attraction that became more interesting as it decayed. 2015: signs of restoration evident.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Connecticut
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Connecticut attractions.
- Bridgeport: Barnum Museum: Centaur Skeleton [tips]
- Cheshire: Muffler Man - Bunyan
- Cheshire: House of Doors: Muffler Man No. 2 [tips]
- Cheshire: Barker Character, Comic, and Cartoon Museum [tips]
- Danbury: Statue of the Teen Girl Paul Revere [tips]
- East Haddam: Gillette Castle - Sherlock Holmes Apartment [tips]
- Groton: Submarine Capital of the World [tips]
- Middletown: Wild Bill's Nostalgia Center
- Mystic: St. Edmund's Severed Arm
- New Haven: Home of the Hamburger
- Norwich: Muffler Man Cowboy: Big Bob
- Oakdale: The Dinosaur Place [tips]
- Orange: PEZ Visitor Center [tips]
- Stratford: Obsolete Toll Booths On Display [tips]
- Uncasville: Wells Dinosaur Haven
- Waterbury: Holy Land USA
- West Hartford: Conny, the Walk-Thru Outdoor Whale [tips]