Find Connecticut travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
A farm silo turned into the World's Largest Jack-in-the-Box is just another freaky project for senior love child Wild Bill Ziegler.
A backyard set of impressive sculptures, and the only place where we've seen a full-sized T-Rex posed playing a mandolin.
Fiberglass Paul Bunyan Muffler Man statue holds a flag to comply with town signage laws.
This recreation of a historic 19th century Cabinet of Curiosities collection contains many taxidermy marvels.
Eeeeew! A real, mummified human arm, hacked off of a real Saint centuries ago.
New Haven, Connecticut
A tiny restaurant that says it served the first hamburger in 1900. Its burgers remain unchanged, and are cooked on the original grill.
A long-closed attraction that became more interesting as it decayed. 2015: signs of restoration evident.
Timex's corporate museum blends a history of timepieces with a mysterious journey to Easter Island.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Connecticut
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Connecticut attractions.
- Cheshire: Muffler Man - Bunyan
- Danbury: Statue of the Teen Girl Paul Revere [tips]
- East Haddam: Gillette Castle - Sherlock Holmes Apartment [tips]
- Groton: Submarine Capital of the World [tips]
- Hartford: Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities
- Middletown: Wild Bill's Nostalgia Center
- Mystic: St. Edmund's Severed Arm
- New Haven: Home of the Hamburger
- Norwich: Muffler Man [tips]
- Orange: PEZ Visitor Center [tips]
- Salem: Muffler Man - Missing in CT? [tips]
- Stratford: Obsolete Toll Booths On Display [tips]
- Uncasville: Wells Dinosaur Haven
- Waterbury: Holy Land USA
- Waterbury: Timexpo Museum and Easter Island Statue
- West Hartford: Walk-Thru Outdoor Whale [tips]