Find Connecticut travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
A prehistoric backyard project by Jeff Wells.
Timex's corporate museum blends a history of timepieces with a mysterious journey to Easter Island.
This recreation of a historic 19th century Cabinet of Curiosities collection contains many taxidermy marvels.
A farm silo turned into the World's Largest Jack-in-the-Box is just another freaky project for senior love child Wild Bill Ziegler.
Bridgeport - A rare tornado swept through Bridgeport on June 24, damaging the P.T. Barnum Museum. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Connecticut attractions.
- Bridgeport: Barnum Merman, Barnum Museum
- Bristol: American Clock and Watch Museum [tips]
- Cornwall: Cursed Dudleytown [tips]
- Cromwell: Wacky car wash [tips]
- Hartford: Cabinet of Curiosities
- Hartford: Trash Museum [tips]
- Milford: Parrots of Connecticut [tips]
- Middletown: Wild Bill's Nostalgia Center
- New Britain: Iwo Jima Monument replica
- New Haven: Birthplace of the Hamburger [tips]
- New Haven: Midnight Mary Grave [tips]
- New Haven: Knights of Columbus Museum [tips]
- Norwalk: World's Largest Dairy Store
- Southington: Neglected Dinosaurs [tips]
- Stratford: Antique Toll Booth [tips]
- Stratford: Children's Garbage Museum [tips]
- Uncasville: Wells Dinosaur Haven
- Waterbury: Timexpo Museum & Easter Island Statue
- West Haven: Savin Rock Museum [tips]
- Willimantic: Giant Frogs on Thread Spools [tips]
- Windsor Locks: Space Shuttle McDonald's [tips]