Find DC travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Impressive collection of hi-tech gadgets and sordid tales of espionage and covert operations.
Owney can be seen at the National Postal Museum, wearing a small doggy vest bristling with medals and mail bag tags.
Union Gen. Phil Sheridan's horse Rienzi saw 19 pitched battles and was wounded several times. He's on display at the Smithsonian.
Franciscan monks care for a replica of Rome's catacombs underneath their chapel, open for daily tours.
Whether you love it or hate it, the media deserves credit for building an impressive museum to itself.
This imposing structure -- museum, library, and clubhouse of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry -- offers guided tours, in part to dispel the crazy theories cooked up in conspiracy novels and movies.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of DC attractions.
- Washington: World's Largest Duncan Phyfe Chair
- Washington: Owney, Stuffed Dog Postal Mascot
- Washington: Stuffed Civil War Hero Horse
- Washington: Ford's Theatre Museum - Lincoln Assassinationabilia
- Washington: Holy Land of America - Catacombs Replica
- Washington: International Spy Museum
- Washington: Sit On Einstein's Lap [tips]
- Washington: National Air and Space Museum [tips]
- Washington: Scary Staircase From "The Exorcist" [tips]
- Washington: Newseum
- Washington: House of the Temple
- Washington: Madame Tussauds Wax Museum [tips]
- Washington: Ugliest Public Sculpture in DC [tips]
- Washington: 34-Foot-Tall Tower of 6,800 Fake Lincoln Books
- Washington: Statue of the Arson Dog
- Washington: Theodore Roosevelt Island [tips]
- Washington: National World War II Memorial [tips]
- Washington: Hindu Goddess and Barack Obama [tips]