Find Florida travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Bronze statue of famous musician Ray Charles. Greenville was his hometown.
St. Augustine, Florida
Classic old wax museum exhibits a tight assemblage of historical figures and celebrities.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Learn about our blobby squishy friend.
Safety Harbor, Florida
The yard art of creative spirits Todd and Kiaralinda has spread to surrounding homes.
A car museum for people who usually don't like car museums, because, well, dragsters aren't really cars.
Salute America's space heroes, experience space sickness, snort Moon dust.
Where the humans are caged and the monkeys run wild.
A mysterious and smelly biped stalks the Florida Everglades.
Hand carved monument to unrequited love, built by Edward Leedskalnin for his "Sweet Sixteen."
St. Augustine, Florida
The pleasing pink building once housed convicts.
- We were shocked when we first read of one of the rule tweaks by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, forbidding the sale of stuffed baby alligators in human poses. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Florida attractions.
- Apalachicola: Gorrie Ice Museum [tips]
- Alligator Alley: Miccousukee Indian Village
- Bithlo: Figure 8 Schoolbus Races [tips]
- Cape Coral: Iwo Jima Statue Replica [tips]
- Cape Coral: Big John [tips]
- Captiva Island: Bubble Room [tips]
- Carabelle: World's Smallest Police Station [tips]
- Cassadaga: Town of Spiritualists
- Christmas: Largest Gator
- Clermont: Florida Citrus Tower
- Clermont: Presidents Hall of Fame
- Daytona Beach: Brownie the Town Dog
- Daytona Beach: Wright Bros. Plane Replica
- Dunnellon: Phosphate Marker
- Estero: Hollow Earth Utopia
- Ft. Myers: Giant Beethoven Head
- Ft. Walton Beach: Maytag Repairman [tips]
- Gibsonton: Circus Freak Wintering Town [tips]
- Grassy Key: Flipper's Grave
- Greenville: Ray Charles Statue
- Hillsboro Beach: Barefoot Mailman Statue
- Homestead: Coral Castle
- Homosassa: Monkey Island
- Islamorada: Theater of the Sea
- Islamorada: Wrong-way Hurricane Monument [tips]
- Key West: Southernmost Point in the US
- Key Largo: Jules' Undersea Lodge [tips]
- Kissimmee: Gatorland
- Kissimmee: Monument of States
- Kissimmee: Giant Orange
- Kissimmee: Second Largest Gator
- Lake Wales: Spook Hill
- Lloyd: Johnny Donutseed [tips]
- Lumberton: Forgotten Citrus Center Monument
- Melbourne: Liberty Bell Memorial Museum [tips]
- Miami: Jackie Gleason Mausoleum
- Miami: Monkey Jungle
- Miami: Jungle Island
- Ocala: Big Daddy Don Garlits Museum Of Drag Racing
- Ochopee: Skunk Ape Research Headquarters
- Ochopee: Smallest Post Office in the Uniter States
- Ona: Solomon's Castle
- Orlando: Graceland replica [tips]
- Orlando: Holyland Experience
- Orlando: Titanic: The Experience
- Palmdale: Gatorama Wildlife Park
- Panama City Beach: Goofy Golf
- Pensacola: Museum of Oddities [tips]
- Pensacola: Naval Air Museum
- Pensacola: 1/2 scale Vietnam War Memorial [tips]
- Plant City: Dinosaur World
- Port Orange: Bongoland
- Punta Gorda: "First White Man to Die in America"
- Safety Harbor: Whimzeyland - Bowling Ball House
- Sarasota: Sarasota Jungle Gardens [tips]
- Silver Springs: Silver Springs [tips]
- St. Augustine: Fountain of Youth
- St. Augustine: House Inside a Redwood Log
- St. Augustine: The Old Jail
- St. Augustine: St. Augustine Alligator Farm
- St. Augustine: Potter's Wax Museum
- St. Pete Beach: Polynesian Putter Mini-Golf
- St. Petersburg: Sunken Gardens [tips-news]
- Sugarloaf Key: Bat Tower [tips]
- Tarpon Springs: Spongeorama
- Titusville: American Police Hall of Fame and Museum
- Titusville: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Titusville: Shuttle Launch Experience
- Titusville: US Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Wakulla Springs: Pole-Vaulting Fish [tips]
- Wakulla Springs: Old Joe the Alligator
- Wausau: Possum Capital of the US [tips]
Weeki Wachee: City of Mermaids
- Winter Park: Walk of Fame [tips]