Find Florida travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Panama City Beach, Florida
The ultimate Old School miniature golf attraction with a giant Tiki head, Sphinx, and dinosaurs. Built in 1959.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Miniature golf was a great invention, but it took dinosaurs and space aliens to make it even better.
The Possum Capital of the World honors a marsupial that became a tasty meal when times were tough.
Classic old-style mini-golf, built in the late 1950s but currently abandoned.
Eglin AFB, Florida
Missiles, rockets, bombs (and then more bombs), and the aircraft that drop them. Bomblets, cluster bombs, bunker buster bombs, even a MOAB -- "Mother Of All Bombs."
T. T. Wentworth Jr. was a compulsive collector who donated all of his stuff to Pensacola -- including a mummified cat and an Abraham Lincoln head made of mulched money.
Top Rated Attractions
Hand carved monument to unrequited love, built by Edward Leedskalnin for his "Sweet Sixteen."
The world's slickest, most entertaining alligator attraction. Wresting shows, Jumparoo feeding shows, a "Screaming' Gator" zip line over the pits...
Weeki Wachee, Florida
World-famous underwater mermaid show. Since 1947, finned beauties in a natural spring have entranced tourists - not to mention fans of superior lung capacity.
A 200-foot-long alligator-shaped building named "Swampy."
Where the humans are caged and the monkeys run wild.
A car museum for people who usually don't like car museums, because, well, dragsters aren't really cars.
A mysterious and smelly biped stalks the Florida Everglades.
Plant City, Florida
America's largest dinosaur theme park infests a real swamp.
Safety Harbor, Florida
The yard art of creative spirits Todd and Kiaralinda has spread to surrounding homes.
St. Augustine, Florida
This museum will hook you with its treasure trove of pirate artifacts, booty, and torture scenes.
St. Augustine, Florida
One of the oldest attractions in the U.S. Hundreds of gators, a zip line ride, alligator feeding shows, and mega-crocodile "Maximo."
St. Augustine, Florida
Classic old wax museum, formerly the second-largest in the world, exhibits a tight assemblage of historical figures and celebrities.
St. Augustine, Florida
Oddity and curios shop featuring the collection of Wolfgang Von Mertz. Exhibits on carnivals, haunted houses, Lizzie Borden boudoir, slaughterhouse kitchen, Exorcist bathroom.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
See the movie, wander the museum, and learn about our blobby squishy friend, the natural sponge.
Pose in an electric chair! Stretch your neck beneath a guillotine blade! It'll be the closest that you'll ever come to capital punishment -- as long as you obey the law.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Florida
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Florida attractions.
- Apollo Beach: Power Station Manatees [tips]
- Bithlo: School Bus Figure 8 Races [tips]
- Bonita Springs: Bonita Wonder Gardens: Feed Gators Hot Dogs
- Bradenton: Tootsie the Uniroyal Gal [tips]
- Cape Coral: Big John Statue
- Cape Coral: Iwo Jima Statue [tips]
- Captiva: The Bubble Room [tips]
- Carrabelle: World's Smallest Police Station [tips]
- Carrabelle: Bottle House, Bottle Lighthouse, Bottle Arch [tips]
- Cassadaga: Town of Spiritualists
- Christmas: World's Largest Alligator
- Clearwater: Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise [tips]
- Clermont: Florida Citrus Tower
- Clermont: Presidents Hall of Fame [tips]
- Clermont: World's Largest Monster Truck Safari [tips]
- Clermont: Shark Catch Photo Op [tips]
- Clewiston: Billie Swamp Safari: Home of Stuffed Superman [tips]
- Crawfordville: Old Joe, Stuffed Alligator
- Dade City: Muffler Man - Paul Bunyan [tips]
- Daytona Beach: Drive-in Christian Church [tips]
- DeLand: Reptile Discovery Center - Venom Collecting [tips]
- Destin: Double Decker Bus of Mannequins [tips]
- Dover: Airstream Ranch [tips]
- Edgewater: Art Gallery of Peter Wolf Toth [tips]
- Eglin AFB: Air Force Armament Museum
- Fort Lauderdale: Wreck Bar Mermaid Show [tips]
- Fort Lauderdale: Fire Dancers of Polynesia [tips]
- Fort Myers: Giant Head of Beethoven
- Fort Myers: Shell Factory [tips]
- Fort Pierce: National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum [tips]
- Fort Walton Beach: Oldest Surviving Goofy Golf
- Gainesville: Devil's Millhopper Geologic State Park [tips]
- Gainesville: World's Largest Bat House [tips]
- Green Cove Springs: Roadside Space Shuttle External Tank [tips]
- Greenville: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze
- Gulfport: Big Robot on Knee with Flowers [tips]
- Hallandale Beach: Huge Pegasus and Dragon [tips]
- Hillsboro Beach: Barefoot Mailman Statue
- Homestead: Coral Castle
- Homestead: Everglades Alligator Farm
- Homosassa: Monkey Island
- Homosassa: Manatee Tours - Weird Statues
- Islamorada: Theater of the Sea
- Islamorada: Big Betsy, Giant Lobster [tips]
- Islamorada: Wrong Way Hurricane Monument [tips]
- Islamorada: Robbie's Tarpon Feed [tips]
- Jacksonville: Goofy Giant Gator Statue [tips]
- Jacksonville: Large Floating Rubber Duck [tips]
- Jacksonville: Floating Shark Head, Former Goldfish Cracker [tips]
- Jensen Beach: Jenguard: Viking Mascot
- Key Largo: Christ of the Deep [tips]
- Key Largo: Jules' Undersea Lodge [tips]
- Key West: Southernmost Point in Continental USA
- Key West: Mel Fisher Maritime Museum [tips]
- Key West: Sponge Monster [tips]
- Key West: Statue of the Conch-Blowing Greeter [tips]
- Kissimmee: Gatorland
- Kissimmee: Monument of States
- Kissimmee: Medieval Times
- Kissimmee: Giant Wizard Head [tips]
- Kissimmee: Machine Gun America [tips]
- Lake Wales: Spook Hill
- Largo: Muffler Man: The Big Man [tips]
- Largo: Saddam Hussein's Favorite Candy Bar
- Leesburg: Paquette's Historical Farmall Tractor Museum [tips]
- Lloyd: Johnny Donutseed [tips]
- Lower Sugarloaf Key: Perky's Bat Tower [tips]
- Marathon: Grave of Flipper, TV Dolphin
- Melbourne: Liberty Bell Memorial Museum
- Miami: Jungle Island [formerly Parrot Jungle]
- Miami: Monkey Jungle
- Miami: Indian Gator Wrestling
- Miami: Museum Where Elian Gonzalez Was Captured
- Miami: Giant Sloth Statue [tips]
- Miami: Bronze Hercules, Peace Dude
- Mims: Three Biggest Buddhas in Florida [tips]
- Mount Dora: Ghost Walk and Marionette Show [tips]
- Mulberry: Mulberry Phosphate Museum [tips]
- New Smyrna Beach: Grave in the Road [tips]
- North Miami: Famous Movie Cars and Microcars [tips]
- Ocala: Big Daddy Don Garlits Museum Of Drag Racing
- Ochopee: Skunk Ape Research Headquarters
- Ochopee: Smallest Post Office in the United States
- Oldsmar: Free Water Ski Shows [tips]
- Ona: Solomon's Castle
- Orlando: Titanic: The Experience
- Orlando: The Holy Land Experience
- Orlando: Suburban Home Replica of Graceland [tips]
- Orlando: Fertility Statues at Ripley's [tips]
- Ormond Beach: Invincible Chief Tomokie [tips]
- Palm Beach Gardens: Underground Shark Attack! [tips]
- Palm Beach Gardens: 9/11 Memorial Plaza - WTC Steel Beam [tips]
- Palmdale: Gatorama
- Panama City Beach: Goofy Golf
- Panama City Beach: Man in the Sea Museum
- Pensacola: National Naval Aviation Museum
- Pensacola: Wentworth Museum: Petrified Cat
- Plant City: Dinosaur World
- Port Orange: Ruins of Bongoland
- Punta Gorda: "First White Man Dies In America" Marker
- Riverview: American Carnival History Museum [tips]
- Safety Harbor: Bowling Ball House - Whimzeyland
- Sarasota: Unconditional Surrender [tips]
- Sarasota: Sarasota Jungle Gardens: Bike-Riding Parrots [tips]
- Sarasota: World's Largest Miniature Circus
- Sebastian: Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum
- Silver Springs: Silver Springs: Glass Bottom Boats [tips]
- Spring Hill: Gas Station Dinosaur
- Spring Hill: Pepto-Bismol Pink Dinosaur [tips]
- St. Augustine: World's Tallest Cross
- St. Augustine: Fountain of Youth
- St. Augustine: The Old Jail
- St. Augustine: Pirate and Treasure Museum
- St. Augustine: St. Augustine Alligator Farm
- St. Augustine: Showboat Car Wash [tips]
- St. Augustine: Potter's Wax Museum
- St. Augustine: Wolf's Museum of Mystery
- St. Cloud: Reptile World Serpentarium
- St. Petersburg: World's Largest Shuffleboard Club
- St. Petersburg: World's Largest Collection of Autographed Baseballs
- Tallahassee: Tallahassee Automobile Museum
- Tampa: Muffler Man - Fletcher Ave. [tips]
- Tampa: Junk Art of Hong Kong Willie [tips]
- Tampa: Muffler Man - 50th Street [tips]
- Tampa: Ferocious Fish Sculpture [tips]
- Tampa: Famous Two-Headed Alligator [tips]
- Tampa: John Lennon Statue [tips]
- Tarpon Springs: Spongeorama
- Titusville: American Police Hall of Fame and Museum
- Titusville: United States Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Titusville: The Shuttle Launch Experience [tips]
- Titusville: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Treasure Island: Big Pirate of Treasure Island [tips]
- Wakulla Springs: Henry the Pole-Vaulting Fish [tips]
- Wausau: The Possum Monument
- Weeki Wachee: Weeki Wachee - City of Mermaids
- West Palm Beach: JFK Bomb Shelter on Peanut Island [tips]
- Winter Haven: Free Water Ski Show [tips]
- Ybor City: Stainless Steel Survivors of 9/11 [tips]
- Zephyrhills: Muffler Man [tips]