Find Georgia travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Gone With the Wind-abilia, displayed in a 19th century cotton warehouse.
Stuckie is the highlight attraction at Southern Forest World. "See the mummified dog!"
Warner Robins, Georgia
2nd-largest Air Force museum in the entire U.S. Acres of outdoor airplanes, and four giant hangars packed with exhibits.
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Mountaintop attraction of rocks, vistas, and the psychedelic Fairyland Caverns.
For a fee, you can drive a tank over a junker car.
Willi Lindhorst recreates Germany in miniature, from the North Sea to the Alps.
Joni Mabe's gallery/shrine/museum has over 30,000 items, including the Elvis Wart.
Displayed in a museum -- famous kidnapped locomotive and Civil War fetish object.
Outsider artist turned pop culture celeb, Rev. Finster's park features what's left of his artwork and spiritual ramblings.
The legacy of President Jimmy Carter's colorful brother is chronicled in a replica of his service station.
Corporate celebration of the popular soft drink and its carbonated spawn.
Simulated Third World slum encourages visitors to support the mission of improving houses around the world.
Fort Gordon, Georgia
...and other warlords' personal electronics at the U.S. Army Signal Corp Museum.
The reigning king of Gooberdom watches I-75 from his brick tower.
"Birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Kids" And they're still being born.
Allen Woodall Jr. collects the classic metal lunch boxes decorated with TV and toy characters.
Fort Benning, Georgia
Expansive chronicle of America's foot soldiers in war. Don't miss the Hitler Head Trash Can!
"America's Stonehenge" of the South, financed by a wealthy, nameless, mysterious stranger.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Georgia
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Georgia attractions.
- Americus: Habitat for Humanity's Slum Theme Park
- Andersonville: National Prisoner of War Museum
- Ashburn: World's Largest Peanut
- Athens: World's Only Double-barreled Cannon [tips]
- Athens: Tree That Owns Itself [tips]
- Atlanta: Cyclorama [tips]
- Atlanta: Giant Leaping Fish
- Atlanta: New World of Coca-Cola
- Atlanta: The Varsity [tips]
- Augusta: The Cursed Pillar
- Augusta: James Brown Statue
- Cleveland: Cabbage Patch Doll Births
- Columbus: Grave of Inventor of Coca Cola
- Columbus: Kadie the Cow
- Columbus: National Civil War Naval Museum
- Cordele: Confederate Missile
- Cornelia: World's Largest Apple
- Cornelia: The Panoramic Encyclopedia of Everything Elvis
- Eatonton: Uncle Remus Museum
- Elberton: Dutchy, Yankee Reb [tips]
- Fort Benning: Hitler Head Trash Can, National Infantry Museum
- Fort Gordon: Hitler's Telephone: U.S. Army Signal Corps Museum
- Hartwell: Center of the World
- Helen: Charlemagne's Kingdom
- Jonesboro: Road to Tara Museum
- Juliette: Fried Green Tomatoes Cafe [tips]
- Kennesaw: The General
- Kennesaw: Wildman's Store: Confederate End Times
- Leslie: Georgia Rural Telephone Museum
- Lookout Mountain: Rock City
- Lumpkin: Little Grand Canyon
- Marietta: Big Chicken
- Marietta: Gone With the Wind Museum
- McRae: Statue of Liberty
- Morganton: Tank Town USA
- Nuberg: Georgia Guidestones
- Plains: Billy Carter Gas Station Museum
- Plains: Jimmy Carter Peanut Statue
- Savannah: World Globe Storage Tank [tips]
- South Newport: Tiny Church [tips]
- Summerville: Howard Finster's Paradise Gardens
- Warner Robins: Museum of Aviation
- Waycross: Stuckie the Mummified Dog