Find Georgia travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Displayed in a museum -- famous kidnapped locomotive and Civil War fetish object.
Outsider artist turned pop culture celeb, Rev. Finster's park features what's left of his artwork and spiritual ramblings.
The legacy of President Jimmy Carter's colorful brother is chronicled in a replica of his service station.
Corporate celebration of the popular soft drink and its carbonated spawn.
Buena Vista, Georgia
The late Eddie Owens Martin (St. EOM)'s bizarre, pagan, future art vision, in rural Georgia
Simulated Third World slum encourages visitors to support the mission of improving houses around the world.
Lumbering ironclads and their steampunk technology, dredged from watery graves.
Fort Gordon, Georgia
...and other warlords' personal electronics at the U.S. Army Signal Corp Museum.
The reigning king of Gooberdom watches I-75 from his brick tower.
"Birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Kids" And they're still being born.
Former hellish lockup in what appears to be an ordinary brick home.
Allen Woodall Jr. collects the classic metal lunch boxes decorated with TV and toy characters.
Fort Benning, Georgia
Expansive chronicle of America's foot soldiers in war. Don't miss the Hitler Head Trash Can!
"America's Stonehenge" of the South, financed by a wealthy, nameless, mysterious stranger.
Lookout Mountain - For over 80 years Rock City on Lookout Mountain, Georgia, has been surprising travelers with a mix of engineered/augmented natural beauty -- and gnomes. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Georgia attractions.
- Americus: Habitat for Humanity's Slum Theme Park
- Andersonville: National Prisoner of War Museum
- Ashburn: Crime & Punishment Museum
- Ashburn: World's Largest Peanut
- Athens: World's Only Double-barreled Cannon [tips]
- Athens: Tree That Owns Itself [tips]
- Atlanta: Cyclorama [tips]
- Atlanta: Giant Leaping Fish
- Atlanta: New World of Coca-Cola
- Atlanta: The Varsity [tips]
- Augusta: The Cursed Pillar
- Augusta: James Brown Statue
- Buena Vista: Pasaquan: St. EOM's Folk Art
- Cleveland: Cabbage Patch Doll Births
- Columbus: Grave of Inventor of Coca Cola
- Columbus: Kadie the Cow
- Columbus: National Civil War Naval Museum
- Cordele: Confederate Missile
- Cornelia: World's Largest Apple
- Cornelia: Everything Elvis [tips]
- Eastman: Site of Original Stuckeys [tips]
- Eatonton: Uncle Remus Museum
- Elberton: Dutchy, Yankee Reb [tips]
- Fort Benning: Hitler Head Trash Can, National Infantry Museum
- Fort Gordon: Hitler's Telephone: U.S. Army Signal Corps Museum
- Hartwell: Center of the World
- Juliette: Fried Green Tomatoes Cafe [tips]
- Kennesaw: The General
- Kennesaw: Wildman's Store: Confederate End Times
- Leslie: Georgia Rural Telephone Museum
- Lookout Mountain: Rock City
- Lumpkin: Little Grand Canyon
- Madison: Bruce Weiner's Microcar Museum
- Marietta: Big Chicken
- McRae: Statue of Liberty
- Nuberg: Georgia Guidestones
- Plains: Billy Carter Gas Station Museum
- Plains: Jimmy Carter Peanut Statue
- Savannah: World Globe Storage Tank [tips]
- South Newport: Tiny Church [tips]
- Statesboro: Tick Museum [tips]
- Summerville: Howard Finster's Paradise Gardens
- Waycross: Petrified Dog in a Tree [tips]