Find Iowa travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Crops don't stand a chance against the mechanical prowess of the John Deere tractor.
West Union, Iowa
This Boy has stood indoors since 1955, protected, and still fulfilling his leaky boot duties when his fountain is turned on.
Top Rated Attractions
West Bend, Iowa
A priest promised the Virgin Mary he'd build a wondrous shrine if pneumonia didn't kill him. It didn't, and he did.
Albert is a 45-ton, 30-foot-tall concrete replica of the perfect Hereford bull. Push a button and he'll tell you his story.
All-boat, all underground tour. Relax, but don't ignore warnings to duck.
A prescient bit of civic speculation for Riverside's future son and Star Trek's original starship captain. Look for the Enterprise replica and other Trek themed fun.
A combatant in the World's Crookedest Street battle, in an unexpected place. No traffic back-ups to drive down Snake Alley, unlike San Francisco's more famous crooked street.
Hollywood baseball tourist attraction in Dyersville, Iowa -- the cornfield diamond created for the Kevin Costner movie.
Ida Grove, Iowa
Byron LeRoy Godbersen, the most powerful man in Ida Grove, built castles all over town -- and had his employees build a half-scale replica of the H.M.S. Bounty as well.
A classic collection of wax Bible scenes, art, and ephemera from the Judeo-Christian world.
Sioux City, Iowa
Towering metal Mary and Jesus, wooden Last Supper, and the Lord created from burlap bags. Sacred Art from household materials!
Strawberry Point, Iowa
This town has erected a big statue, atop a pole, of its namesake.
A still-unknown maniac axed the family in this house in 1912. Visitors can tour it, or sleep over if they're feeling fearless. Now heated!
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Iowa attractions.
- Algona: World's Largest Chee-to [tips]
- Ames: World's Largest Concrete Gnome [tips]
- Audubon: Albert the Bull
- Avoca: Volkswagen Beetle Spider [tips]
- Brandon: Iowa's Largest Frying Pan [tips]
- Burlington: Snake Alley - A Very Crooked Street
- Clear Lake: Buddy Holly Crash Site [tips]
- Clear Lake: Surf Ballroom - Buddy Holly's Last Gig [tips]
- Clear Lake: Fort Custer Maze [tips]
- Columbus Junction: Lovers Leap Swinging Bridge [tips]
- Council Bluffs: Golden Spike Monument
- Council Bluffs: Squirrel Cage Jail [tips]
- Crystal Lake: Fish - World's Largest Bullhead [tips]
- Decorah: Ice Cave - Frozen in Summer [tips]
- Des Moines: Crazy Sculpture Park [tips]
- Dubuque: Fenelon Place Elevator [tips]
- Dyersville: Field of Dreams
- Eldon: American Gothic House [tips]
- Fort Dodge: Cardiff Giant at Frontier Village [tips]
- Galena: John Martinson's West Street Sculpture Park [tips]
- Gladbrook: Matchstick Marvels Museum [tips]
- Griswold: Donna's Cabbage Patch Fantasy Land Museum [tips]
- Ida Grove: Castles of Ida Grove
- Kelley: Phone Booth - Welcome to Kelley [tips]
- LeClaire: Tug Fest - West Side of Mississippi River Tug-of-War [tips]
- Logan: Museum of Religious Arts, King of Kings Wax Collection
- Lynnville: L.J. Maasdam's Wheel Art [tips]
- Marquette: Pinky the Elephant
- Marshalltown: The Big Treehouse [tips]
- Mason City: Rancho Deluxe Z: Junk Art Lot [tips]
- McGregor: Spook Cave: Underground Boat Tour
- Menlo: Freedom Rock [tips]
- Pella: Museum of Traffic Control [tips]
- Pocahontas: Giant Statue of Pocahontas [tips]
- Riverside: Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk
- Ryan: Happy Chef - Now an Umpire [tips]
- Sac City: World's Largest Popcorn Ball [tips]
- Sioux City: Trinity Heights: Giant Jesus and Mary
- Sioux City: Tire Man [tips]
- Sioux City: Tire Man [tips]
- Stanton: Coffee Pot and Cup Water Towers
- Strawberry Point: World's Largest Strawberry
- Tipton: A&W Root Beer Family [tips]
- Villisca: Villisca Ax Murder House and Museum
- Walcott: Museum at World's Largest Truck Stop [tips]
- Waterloo: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum
- Waukon: Muffler Man and Long Horn Steer [tips]
- West Bend: Grotto of the Redemption
- West Burlington: Enormous Human Spine [tips]
- Winterset: John Wayne Birthplace Museum