Find Iowa travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Albert, pride of the town of Audubon, is a formidable concrete replica of the perfect Hereford Bull.
The 1912 maniac who killed the people in this house is still unknown, but that doesn't stop travelers from wanting to sleep over.
Twisty switchback road is claimant in World's Crookedest Street Battle.
Speculative bit of civic pride for Riverside's future son and Star Trek's original starship captain.
Strawberry Point, Iowa
The town erected a big statue of its namesake.
West Bend, Iowa
Massive religious grotto built by Father Paul Dobberstein from 1912 until his death in 1954.
Sioux City, Iowa
Steel Mary. Steel Jesus. Wood Last Supper.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Iowa attractions.
- Adair: Smiley Face Water Tower
- Audubon: Albert the Bull
- Brandon: Iowa's Largest Frying Pan [tips]
- Britt: Hobo Museum [tips]
- Burlington: World's Crookedest Street
- Clear Lake: Buddy Holly Crash Site [tips]
- Colfax: Trainland USA [tips]
- Coon Rapids: Rotating Ear of Corn
- Council Bluffs: Black Squirrel Capital of the World
- Council Bluffs: Golden Spike Controversy
- Council Bluffs: Largest Revolving Jail [tips]
- Davenport: Mother Goose Land [tips]
- Des Moines: Giant Cow and Calf [tips]
- Dyersville: Field of Dreams
- Eldon: American Gothic House [tips]
- ElK Horn: Only Working Danish Windmill In America
- Estherville: Meteorite [tips]
- Exira: Plow in the Tree
- Fairfield: Golden Dome of Pure Knowledge [tips]
- Festina: Tiny Church
- Fort Dodge: Replica Cardiff Giant [tips]
- Gladbrook: Matchstick Marvels Museumt [tips]
- Ida Grove: Castles of Ida Grove
- Kimballton: America's Little Mermaid
- Logan: Museum of Religious Arts
- Marquette: Pink Elephant
- McGregor: Spook Cave
- Muscatine: Fanta-suites [tips]
- Pella: Dutch Town and Windmill [tips]
- Pocahontas: Indian statue [tips]
- Riverside: Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk
- Sheldon: Collection of Exotic Dirt [tips]
- Sioux City: Trinity Heights: Giant Jesus and Mary
- Sioux City: Steel Replica of War Eagle
- Sioux City: Anti-Booze Churchman Killed Here
- Stanton: Mrs. Olson Coffee Pot Water Tower
- Strawberry Point: World's Largest Strawberry
- Villisca: Ax Murder House
- Waukon: House of Clocks
- West Bend: Grotto of the Redemption
- Winterset: Birthplace of John Wayne