Find Idaho travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
A manhole cover, marked by signs, in the center of downtown -- and a political jab by Wallace's mayor at the EPA, which he felt was paying too much attention to his little community.
Top Rated Attractions
A museum that sings the praises of an under-appreciated tuber. Features the world's largest potato chip, a photo of Marilyn Monroe wearing a potato sack, and the world's largest styrofoam potato.
Drive-in movie theater features the World's Largest Potato as a photo-op.
Rigby was the boyhood home of Philo Farnsworth, who invented TV. See his eyeglasses, his hat, and his violin in the local historical museum, along with a flag that went to the moon.
Mysterious natural forces give this cave an ice floor 365 days a year, even when it's 95 degrees outside.
Frozen in time circa 1988 -- not 1888 -- when the madam and her ladies fled an impending raid.
Atomic City, Idaho
Small, former nuclear boom town, with a few Cold War photo ops.
Architectural oddity -- a building wearing a giant miner's helmet.
Sweaty and dirty from a road trip? The Museum of Clean will put you in a spic-and-span state of mind.
Soda Springs, Idaho
First erupted in 1937, when a man drilling for water for a swimming pool punctured an underground chamber. Now erupts on a timer.
Positive-spin statue formerly stood in front of a mining company whose deadly disaster had produced a very different, unhappy statue down the road.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Idaho attractions.
- Arco: World's First Nuclear Power Plant - Tour
- Arco: Craters of the Moon
- Atomic City: Atomic City
- Blackfoot: Idaho Potato Museum
- Blackfoot: Uniroyal Gal [tips]
- Boise: Old Idaho Penitentiary [tips]
- Boise: Sit with Giant Lincoln [tips]
- Cottonwood: World's Largest Beagle - Dog Bark Park [tips]
- Driggs: Spud Drive-In Giant Potato
- Kellogg: Miner's Hat Realty
- Lewiston: Grave of Thirsty Mary the Elephant
- Mullan: Elmer's Fountain [tips]
- Pocatello: Don Aslett Museum of Clean
- Rigby: Birthplace of Television
- Shoshone: Shoshone Ice Caves
- Shoshone: Another Ice Cave, Dead Things [tips]
- Soda Springs: Largest Man-Tamed Geyser
- St. Maries: Paul Bunyan - Big Friend [tips]
- Sunbeam: Yankee Fork Gold Dredge [tips]
- Twin Falls: Evel Knievel's Snake River Jump Monument
- Twin Falls: Niagara of the West [tips]
- Wallace: Sunshine Mine Happy Family Statue
- Wallace: Last Stoplight on I-90
- Wallace: Oasis Bordello Museum
- Wendell: Muffler Man - Cowboy [tips]