Find Idaho travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
America's Largest Janitor stands 22 ft. tall inside the Museum of Clean. Before he moved to Idaho in late 2016, he was a rifle-toting frontiersman guarding a Montana casino.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
A museum that sings the praises of an under-appreciated tuber. Features the world's largest potato chip, a photo of Marilyn Monroe wearing a potato sack, and the world's largest styrofoam potato.
Drive-in movie theater features the World's Largest Potato as a photo-op.
Sweaty and dirty from a road trip? The Museum of Clean will put you in a spic-and-span state of mind.
Rigby was the boyhood home of Philo Farnsworth, who invented TV. See his eyeglasses, his hat, and his violin in the local historical museum, along with a flag that went to the moon.
Mysterious natural forces give this cave an ice floor 365 days a year, even when it's 95 degrees outside.
Frozen in time circa 1988 -- not 1888 -- when the madam and her ladies fled an impending raid.
Atomic City, Idaho
Small, former nuclear boom town, with a few Cold War photo ops.
Architectural oddity -- a building wearing a giant miner's helmet.
Soda Springs, Idaho
First erupted in 1937, when a man drilling for water for a swimming pool punctured an underground chamber. Now erupts on a timer.
Positive-spin statue formerly stood in front of a mining company whose deadly disaster had produced a very different, unhappy statue down the road.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Idaho attractions.
- Arco: World's First Nuclear Power Plant - Tour
- Arco: Craters of the Moon
- Atomic City: Atomic City
- Blackfoot: Idaho Potato Museum
- Blackfoot: Uniroyal Gal [tips]
- Boise: Old Idaho Penitentiary [tips]
- Boise: Sit with Giant Lincoln [tips]
- Cottonwood: World's Largest Beagle: Dog Bark Park [tips]
- Driggs: Spud Drive-In Giant Potato
- Kellogg: Miner's Hat Realty
- Lewiston: Grave of Thirsty Mary the Elephant
- Mullan: Elmer's Fountain [tips]
- Newdale: Collapsed Teton Dam Overlook [tips]
- Pocatello: Muffler Man - World's Largest Janitor
- Pocatello: Don Aslett Museum of Clean
- Rigby: Birthplace of Television
- Shoshone: Shoshone Ice Caves
- Shoshone: Another Ice Cave, Dead Things [tips]
- Soda Springs: Largest Man-Tamed Geyser
- St. Maries: Paul Bunyan - Big Friend [tips]
- Sunbeam: Yankee Fork Gold Dredge [tips]
- Twin Falls: Evel Knievel's Snake River Jump Monument
- Twin Falls: Niagara of the West [tips]
- Wallace: Sunshine Mine Happy Family Statue
- Wallace: Last Stoplight on I-90
- Wallace: Oasis Bordello Museum
- Wendell: Muffler Man - Cowboy [tips]