Find Indiana travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Museum chronicles a century of trailers, RVs and mobile homes, in a town where they are manufactured.
Fair Oaks, Indiana
Agritourism the way it should be. Watch calves born in the Birthing Barn, see 72 cows milked by a revolving giant turntable!
Backyard building based on Super Friend's Hall of Justice is where Allen Stewart preserves every superhero comic book ever published.
The man who had to have his own thrill ride -- even though he sez he build it for the kids.
Santa Claus, Indiana
The holiday-themed burg of Santa Claus offers a number of year-round landmarks and attractions.
Painter Mike Carmichael has his singular attraction hanging on a chain as he continues to add multi-colored layers. It started as a baseball.
Lake Village, Indiana
Where a leg tells nudists the time of day.
Contemplation and surprises at the Carmelite Shrines, part of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Monastery.
James Danforth Quayle served as George H. W. Bush's VP from 1989-93. The museum's slogan is "Second to One."
Palooka was a Sunday comic strip character -- an honest boxer. This statue was commissioned in 1947, when the champ's popularity was at its highest.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Indiana
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Indiana attractions.
- Alexandria: World's Largest Ball of Paint
- Ashley: Smiley Face Water Tower
- Bedford: Cursed Pyramid Ruins, Land of Limestone Museum [tips], Obsessive Sign Builder [tips]
- Bruceville: Backyard Roller Coasters of John Ivers
- Buckskin: Henager Memories and Nostalgia Museum
- Chesterton: Wizard of Oz Museum [tips]
- Cloverdale: House of Bells [tips]
- Elkhart: Hall of Heroes Museum
- Elkhart: RV Hall of Fame
- Evansville: Library Ghost [tips]
- Fairmount: James Dean Grave [tips]
- Fair Oaks: Dairy Adventure at Fair Oaks Farms
- Greensburg: Rooftop Tree [tips]
- Huntington: Dan Quayle Center and Vice Presidential Museum
- Huntington: Privvy Collection [tips]
- Jeffersonville: Hubcap Blind Justice [tips]
- Kendallville: Mid-America Windmill Museum [tips]
- Kokomo: Old Ben
- Kokomo: World's Largest Sycamore Stump
- Lafayette: Red Crown Museum [tips]
- Lake Village: Sundial Lady's Leg
- LaPorte: Husband Killer Exhibit [tips]
- Mentone: World's Largest Egg
- Mooresville: Gravity Hill [tips]
- Mitchell: Gus Grissom Tributes
- Munster: Ultraviolet Apocalypse
- New Castle: Giant Tennis Shoe
- Oolitic: Joe Palooka Statue
- Peru: Big Charlie the Elephant display
- Santa Claus: Town Named Santa Claus
- Santa Claus: Drippy Snowman
- Santa Claus: Original Santa Claus Statue
- Santa Claus: Santa Claus Museum
- Santa Claus: Santa's Candy Castle
- Terre Haute: Stiffy Green the Bulldog
- Vincennes: Big Peach [tips]
- West Lafayette: Russian Bomber Watchtower [tips]