Find Kansas travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Plot points of the film are colorfully recreated life-sized, and midget Munchkin mannequins are everywhere.
Soldier Boston Corbett shot John Wilkes Booth. Later, this hole was his home.
Junction City, Kansas
Retired math teacher goes all Medieval in his backyard.
Abe Lincoln's insistent Grow-a-Beard girl lived here, but Delphos has greater claims to fame...
Second only to The Smithsonian in space artifacts -- see Cosmonaut cast-offs, Nazi ballistics, and American moon diapers.
Museum transports visitors 65 stories below ground to tour vast salt galleries.
A distorted Stonehenge, but also a playful poke at bureaucrats.
Sculptures blown by the winds of politics, this Kansas man's viewpoint is writ in metal and bile. But he's not mad.
Cawker City, Kansas
The late Frank Stoeber's giant twine ball continues to grow under the supervision of Cawker City residents.
Contemplation and surprises at the Carmelite Shrines, part of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Monastery.
Weird home of folk art and political statements; the late Sam Dinsmoor can be viewed in the back yard.
Blue Rapids - Memorable monuments are sometimes a marriage of a home-grown visionary and a town willing to go along with a crazy idea. And thats what's happened in Blue Rapids. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Kansas attractions.
- Andover: Tornado Victims Monument [tips]
- Cawker City: World's Largest Twine Ball
- Chanute: Safari Museum [tips]
- Coffeyville: Dalton Defenders Museum
- Concordia: German POW Camp
- Concordia: Killed Lincoln's Assassin, Lived in a Hole
- Delphos: Abe Grow-a-Beard Girl [tips]
- Goessel: Wheat Liberty Bell
- Goodland: Giant Van Gogh Easel
- Greensburg:The Big Well and Meteorite
- Halstead: Valeda: Transparent Woman
- Hiawatha: Davis Memorial
- Hutchinson: Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center
- Hutchinson: Kansas Underground Salt Museum
- Hutchinson: Space-themed Indoor Pool
- Independence: Monkey Island, America's 1st Space Monkey
- Junction City: Atomic Cannon
- Junction City: Castle Island
- Junction City: Heritage Underwear Show [tips]
- Lacrosse: Barbed Wire Museum [tips]
- Lawrence: Comanche the Horse
- Lawrence: Concrete Teepee
- Lebanon: Geographic Center of the 48 States [tips]
- Liberal: Dorothy's House and Land of Oz
- Liberal: International Pancake Day Hall of Fame
- Lucas: Garden of Eden
- Lucas: World's Largest Things Traveling Museum
- Marysville: Black Squirrel Capital of the World
- McPherson: Skin of Leo the MGM Lion
- Meade: Dalton Gang Escape Tunnel
- Medicine Lodge: Carrie Nation Museum [tips]
- Minneapolis: Rock City Park
- Mullinville: M.T. Liggett: Sculptures Blown by Winds of Politics
- Norton: Gallery of Also-Rans [tips]
- Oakley: Prairie Dog Town
- Pratt: Home of Beautiful Women, Hot and Cold Water Towers
- Sedan: Yellow Brick Roads
- Shawnee: Electric House Tour [tips]
- Shawnee County: Missile Silo Home
- Topeka: Truckhenge
- Wakeeney: Christmas City of the High Plains [tips]
- West Mineral: Big Brutus
- Wichita: Boy with a Boot [tips]
- Wichita: Carrie Nation Drinking Fountain [tips]
- Wichita: First Pizza Hut [tips]
- Wichita: Pyradomes [tips]
- Wichita: Scalp of Custer's Nephew