Find Kentucky travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Putt through Jesus's Tomb to the inspiring sounds of Christian Rock.
Oddball memorial built by local citizen who apparently wanted his entire family around to keep an eye on his grave.
Trace the storied past of whiskey making, see George Washington's still and Abe Lincoln's liquor license.
Calvert City, Kentucky
Keith Holt's folk art and gags, and a mini-world with 3,000 toys and six running trains.
A yard and house packed with big, odd items; not a typical hoard. Jerry Lotz has a good eye for the crazy.
Take a jeep tram tour of a former mine and secret nuclear survival bunker.
Man's Reason vs. God's Word -- explained with dinosaurs and immersive multimedia.
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Do ventriloquist dummies scare you? See hundreds of them at this museum devoted to the art of and history of ventriloquism.
Sleep like a hillbilly, an African villager, or the Abominable Snowman, depending on your mood.
Fortunately for us, the Great Man on the Bucket didn't take his "11 secret herbs and spices" recipe to his grave...
Louisville Slugger Museum, World's Largest Baseball Bat, World's Largest Glove.
Cave City, Kentucky
"Sleep in a Wigwam" at a classic teepee-themed motel near Mammoth Cave.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Kentucky
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Kentucky attractions.
- Bardstown: Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
- Bardstown: World's Largest Crucifix
- Big Bone Lick State Park: And sister destination - Big Beaver Lick [tips]
- Calvert City: Hillbilly Garden
- Cave City: Big Mike's Mystery House [tips]
- Cave City: Dinosaur World [tips]
- Cave City: Gun Town Mountain [tips]
- Cave City: Wigwam Village Motel
- Clermont: Jim Beam Distillery [Hard and Soft Drinks]
- Corbin: First KFC
- Covington: Largest Stained Glass Window [tips]
- Covington: Two-Headed Calf and Shrunken Head
- Fairview: Jefferson Davis Obelisk
- Florence: Wildwood Tropical Dome and Theme Motel
- Fort Mitchell: Venthaven Ventriloquist Dummy Museum
- Frankfort: Daniel Boone's Grave
- Georgetown: Pete the Talking Crow
- Hazard: Mother Goose Market [tips]
- Hopkinsville: Grave of Psychic Edgar Cayce
- Hopkinsville: Literary Park, King Arthur's Round Table
- Hopkinsville: Night Riders
- Horse Cave: American Cave Museum
- Lexington: Bible-themed Miniature Golf Course
- Lexington: Mortar and Pestle-shaped Pharmacy [tips]
- Lexington: Man o' War, race horse
- Louisville: Big Coffee Pot [tips]
- Louisville: Birthplace of the Cheeseburger [tips]
- Louisville: Col. Sanders Grave
- Louisville: Jerry's Junk
- Louisville: Louisville Slugger Museum and World's Largest Baseball Bat
- Louisville: Mega Caverns
- Louisville: World's Largest Bottle of Booze [tips]
- Marion: World's Largest Collection of Fluorite [tips]
- Mayfield: Wooldridge Monuments
- Petersburg: Answers In Genesis Creation Museum
- Pineville: Boulders Chained Above Town [tips]
- Russellville: Lightning Portrait of Startled Bather
- Trappist: Bourbon Fudge Monks [tips]
Versailles: Castle [tips]