Find Kentucky travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Pose with a wax Colonel Harland Sanders, who's cradling a bucket of plastic fried chicken.
A surprising 351-foot-tall obelisk, the tallest unreinforced concrete structure in the world, honors the only President of the Confederate States of America.
Top Rated Attractions
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Do ventriloquist dummies scare you? See hundreds of them at this museum devoted to the art of and history of ventriloquism.
Calvert City, Kentucky
Keith Holt's folk art and gags, and a mini-world with 3,000 toys and six running trains.
Cave City, Kentucky
"Sleep in a Wigwam" at a classic teepee-themed motel near Mammoth Cave, built in 1937.
Cave City, Kentucky
Combo rock and souvenir shop, vortex, mosasaur exhibit.
A yard and house packed with big, odd items. Impressive; not a typical hoard. Jerry Lotz has a good eye for the crazy.
Take a jeep tram tour of a former mine and secret nuclear survival bunker.
Man's Reason vs. God's Word -- explained with dinosaurs and immersive multimedia.
Trace the storied past of whiskey making, see George Washington's still and Abe Lincoln's liquor license.
Sleep like a hillbilly, an African villager, or the Abominable Snowman, depending on your mood.
Horse Cave, Kentucky
Who built a town around giant sinkhole and then filled it with garbage? The town of Horse Cave, but now it's a cleaned up tourist attraction.
Putt through Jesus's Tomb to the inspiring sounds of Christian Rock.
Points skyward in front of the Louisville Slugger Museum. Also here, the Louisville Slugger factory tour; see how normal-size baseball bats are made.
Within sight of the other World's Largest Bat hangs a huge, black, sleeping bat on the side of a costume and party supply store.
Fortunately for humankind, the Great Man on the Bucket didn't take his "11 secret herbs and spices" recipe to his grave.
Oddball memorial was built by a local citizen who apparently wanted his entire family around to keep an eye on his grave.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Kentucky
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Kentucky attractions.
- Bardstown: Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
- Bowling Green: Lost River Cave Boat Tours [tips]
- Bowling Green: National Corvette Museum [tips]
- Bowling Green: Big Red - Bronze Monster Mascot [tips]
- Calvert City: Hillbilly Garden
- Cave City: Wigwam Village Motel No. 2
- Cave City: Dinosaur World [tips]
- Cave City: Big Mike's: Mystery House, Rocks, and Big Mo
- Cave City: Giant Knight Statue [tips]
- Clermont: Jim Beam American Stillhouse
- Corbin: Harland Sanders Cafe and Museum
- Covington: Two-Headed Calf and Shrunken Head [tips]
- Crestview Hills: Tiny Church - Monte Casino Chapel
- Fairview: Jefferson Davis Monument
- Falmouth: Punkyville [tips]
- Florence: Wildwood Inn Tropical Dome and Theme Suites
- Fort Knox: General Patton's Death Car [tips]
- Fort Mitchell: Vent Haven: Ventriloquist Museum
- Frankfort: Daniel Boone's Grave
- Frankfort: Assassination Relics, Hitler's Jail Plaque [tips]
- Harrodsburg: Lincoln Marriage Temple
- Hazard: Mother Goose Market [tips]
- Hodgenville: The Lincoln Museum [tips]
- Hopkinsville: King Arthur's Round Table - Literary Park
- Horse Cave: Hidden River Cave and American Cave Museum
- Lexington: Bible Mini-Golf
- Lexington: Huge Mortar and Pestle [tips]
- Louisville: World's Largest Bat
- Louisville: World's Largest Bat - The Vampire Kind
- Louisville: Colonel Sanders Grave
- Louisville: Jerry's Junk
- Louisville: Louisville Mega Cavern
- Louisville: Waverly Hills Sanatorium - Ghost Tours [tips]
- Louisville: Pose With Wax Colonel Sanders
- Louisville: 30-Foot-Tall Gold Statue of David [tips]
- Louisville: Jesus is My Swingset
- Lynch: Portal 31 - Animatronic Mine Tour [tips]
- Mammoth Cave: Mammoth Cave
- Mayfield: The Wooldridge Monuments
- Munfordville: Replica Stonehenge
- Newport: World Peace Bell [tips]
- Owensboro: Statue of Gabe [tips]
- Petersburg: Answers In Genesis Creation Museum
- Pikeville: Statue of Woman Who Was Buried Alive [tips]
- Pineville: Chained Rock - Boulders Chained Together [tips]
- Slade: Kentucky Reptile Zoo: Venom Extraction [tips]
- Stanville: World's Second Largest Seated Lincoln Statue [tips]
- Versailles: Versailles Castle - The Castle Post [tips]