Find Louisiana travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Where the doomed road trippers bought their last snack.
Lots of local gossip from the local characters who show you the swamp.
New Orleans, Louisiana
See a zombie whip, the top hat of America's first voodoo promoter, and a raccoon's penis.
New Orleans - The Kuyper Cake Collection has risen once again! The quaint display of 150 examples of the decorative dessert arts has been displaced many times since Francis Kuyper established the initial exhibit in her Pasadena garage in 1994. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Louisiana attractions.
- Abita Springs: John Preble's UCM Museum [tips]
- Angola: Angola Prison Museum and Rodeo [tips]
- Avery Island: Tabasco Factory, Jungle Gardens [tips]
- Bossier City: Mardi Gras Museum
- Ferriday: Jerry Lee Lewis Family Museum [tips]
- Gibsland: Bonnie & Clyde Museum
- Kentwood: Britney Spears Museum [news]
- Lafayette: Empty Head of Blind Justice [tips]
- Natchitoches: Alligator Schoolbus and Gator Farm [tips]
- New Orleans: Haunted Bed and Breakfast [tips]
- New Orleans: Mardis Gras World [tips]
- New Orleans: Storyland [tips]
- New Orleans: Voodoo Merman, Madam Laveau's Voodoo Shop
- New Orleans: Voodoo Museum
- New Orleans: Westgate Museum of Necromancy [tips]
- Point Pleasant: World's Smallest Church
- Ponchatoula: Old Blue Eyes, Town Alligator [tips]
- Rayne: Frog-crazy town [tips]
- Slidell: Jayne Mansfield's Death Site