Find Massachusetts travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
An ever-changing gallery of bad art, hung on the basement walls of an old movie theater, next to the men's room.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
The world turned inside out as a large glass sphere, for your geographic viewing pleasure.
Features a live witch trial -- well, partly live; most of the cast are showroom dummies -- right where it all happened back in 1692.
Big fiberglass statue in snappy white suit and top hat, locally known as Plantation Man, once stood in front of the Plantation Inn.
A mysteriously marked boulder, hauled out of the river and displayed in a special building. As for the markings -- theories abound.
Fall River, Massachusetts
Alleged murderess Lizzie Borden museum, hatchet, blood-stained artifacts.
Fall River, Massachusetts
Sleep in the death bedroom, then buy a Lizzie bobblehead!
Kidnapped, dragged to New Hampshire as a slave -- then Hannah had her revenge on her Indian captors. With a tomahawk.
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts
Where rivet counters and the rank and file can learn all about the 1912 Ship of Doom.
A towering, heroic-scale, allegorical mess of a monument, the largest solid granite thing in the U.S.
An out-of-control theme park-furniture store features a Trapeze School and other oddities.
The Stenman family layered and pasted and rolled approximately 100,000 newspapers to make their dream home in 1929 -- and it's still standing.
TV Land statue salutes Elizabeth Montgomery, spellbinding star of TV's Bewitched.
A cow that escaped from a slaughterhouse has been memorialized in life-size bronze.
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Opened by Carlton and Edna Nash in 1939. They're gone, but son Kornell keeps this place going, and he's expanded the dinosaur track quarry!
Bronze sculptures of Dr. Seuss and some of his memorable characters cavort next to a giant book.
A skinny mini-castle built on a hilltop by the richest man in town as an odd tribute to a family friend.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Massachusetts
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Massachusetts attractions.
- Agawam: Muffler Man - Big White Guy
- Arlington: Uncle Sam Birthplace Statue
- Barre: God's Wisdom: Giant Letters [tips]
- Berkley: Dighton Rock Museum
- Boston: The Mapparium
- Boston: Skull of Phineas Gage and the Rod That Passed Through It
- Boston: Hood Milk Bottle Building [tips]
- Boston: World's Largest Van De Graff Generator [tips]
- Brockton: Giant Rocky Marciano [tips]
- Carlisle: See Cows Milked By Robot [tips]
- Dorchester: John F. Kennedy Museum
- Douglas: Ice Cream Lady Statue [tips]
- Fall River: Lizzie Borden Murderabilia
- Fall River: Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast
- Fall River: Battleship Massachusetts [tips]
- Fall River: Rolling Rock
- Florida: Expired Parking Meter Tombstone [tips]
- Gardner: Bicentennial Giant Chair
- Goshen: Three Sisters Sanctuary: Giant Tin Man, Dragon [tips]
- Groveland: Muffler Man Formerly Named Yvon [tips]
- Hancock: Muffler Man - The Big Man [tips]
- Haverhill: Hannah Duston: The Mother's Revenge
- Holyoke: Dead Frog Circus [tips]
- Indian Orchard: Titanic Museum
- Lee: Big Beaver [tips]
- Leominster: Grave of Man Persecuted for his Beard [tips]
- Natick: Museum of World War II [tips]
- New Bedford: Big Milk Bottle [tips]
- New Bedford: Moby Dick Movie Whalers' Pulpit [tips]
- Plymouth: National Monument to the Forefathers
- Raynham: Big Milk Bottle [tips]
- Reading: Jordan's Furniture - Trapeze School, Water Show
- Rockport: Paper House
- Rutland: Geographical Center Tree of Massachusetts [tips]
- Salem: The Witch Dungeon Museum
- Salem: Witch History Museum
- Salem: Bewitched Statue
- Salem: "Cry Innocent" Witch Trial
- Salem: Salem Witch Museum [tips]
- Salem: New England Pirate Museum [tips]
- Salem: World of Witches Museum [tips]
- Shelburne Falls: 20-Foot-Tall Indian
- Sherborn: Emily the Cow, Vegetarian Activist
- Shirley: Indian Muffler Man [tips]
- Somerville: Museum of Bad Art: Main Gallery
- South Dartmouth: Big Milk Bottle Building [tips]
- South Hadley: Nash Dino Land
- Springfield: Dr. Seuss National Memorial Garden
- Springfield: Fame Reaches for McKinley's Head
- Watertown: American Sanitary and Plumbing Museum [tips]
- Webster: Longest Named Thing in America [tips]
- Wellesley: World's Formerly Largest Rotating Globe
- Westford: The Westford Knight [tips]
- Williamstown: "Eyes" On The Campus Lawn [tips]
- Worcester: Bancroft Tower - Castle-Lite
- Worcester: The Notorious Turtle Boy [tips]