Find Maine travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
The world's foremost chainsaw sculptor gives tour-de-force live performances in his custom-built sound-proof booth.
Jerry Cardone has adorned his seven-acre property with Bigfoot, Santa, UFOs, dinosaurs, and Jesus. He's been abducted by aliens many times.
Giant pop bottle may convince you to drink Moxie, a "nerve tonic" and delightful beverage.
An accidentally created treeless wasteland, long promoted to tourists as a "desert."
DeLorme, still making maps (and map software). Eartha, still spinning!
A mighty statue stands in the city where the mythical woodsman was born, or at least that's what Bangor wants us to think...
A life-sized moose, sculpted in chocolate -- and that's a lot of chocolate -- stands in an ice cream parlor.
The World's Tallest Indian towers over downtown Skowhegan -- or he used to, before the trees around him got so tall.
Portland - Loren Coleman's International Cryptozoology Museum has opened in Portland, Maine, making that city a go-to destination for the global community of monster-lovers. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Maine attractions.
- Bangor: Paul Bunyan Statue & Birthplace [tips]
- Bangor: Stephen King's House [tips]
- Belfast: Perry's Nut House [tips]
- Bridgewater: 2-story Outhouse
- Bryant Pond: World's Largest Telephone
- Bucksport: Colonel Buck's Cursed Tomb
- Freeport: Big Indian [tips]
- Freeport: Desert of Maine
- Hancock: 20 ft. Lobster statue [tips]
- Hancock: Ray Murphy's Chainsaw Show
- Houlton: 7 Wonders of God Creatures
- Houlton: Boy and the Boot
- Houlton: Solar System Model [tips]
- Lisbon Falls: Moxie World Headquarters Moxie Museum
- Lynchville: World Traveler Signpost
- Perry: 45th Parallel Gift Shop
- Portland: International Cryptozoology Museum
- Rockport: André the Seal monument
- Scarborough: Chocolate Moose
- Skowhegan: World's Tallest Indian
- Union: Moxie Bottle House
- Yarmouth: Eartha, World's Largest Rotating Globe