Find Michigan travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
254-acre mega-attraction of cars, trains, whole buildings, JFK's death car, Lincoln's death chair, Edison's last breath.
Cultural center for beer guzzling, flatulent, hapless hunting Yoopers.
Silvio Luigi Barile built a mind-boggling sculptural tribute to Italians, Americans, and Italian-Americans.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
An uber-arcade and curiosity museum, packed to bursting with fun time-wasters, including P.T. Barnum's fake version of the already-fake Cardiff Giant.
View the manufacture of pet caskets and tour a model pet cemetery. Popular with school groups.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The center of all things Ford, exhibiting the pen he used to pardon Nixon, and the .45 Colt pistol used by "Squeaky" Fromme to try to kill him.
Indian River, Michigan
At 28 feet, the 21-ton crucifix stands taller than the surrounding trees. The museum displays 525 nun dolls, made by Sally Rogalski from 1945 to 1964.
The biggest of all big Indians -- 52 feet tall -- guards the land route into Michigan's upper peninsula.
Beloved Bishop Baraga celebrated with huge statue.
Classic dinosaur park with some unique twists. Don't miss Jesus -- he's inside the brontosaurus.
Allen Park, Michigan
World's Fair retread that stands 80-ft. tall. Your head could get stuck in a tread.
Battle Creek, Michigan
Dr. Kellogg's health contraptions in Adventist exhibit. Get your feet vibrated.
Sparring with the World Heavyweight Champion, were you? And this is all you remember before the lights went out...
Tyree Guyton's neighborhood was a bunch of derelict houses. Now they're works of art!
Every big city needs at least one big, mythical statue. In Detroit it's The Spirit of Detroit, 16 feet tall. He's green and holds God in one hand.
The late Betty the dog has been Crane's Pie Pantry's mascot for a very long time.
Retired auto worker Dmytro Szylak's eye-boggling yard art mass spins in the wind and lights up at night.
Displays are devoted to the development of the chair lift and ski waxing. American organized sport skiing started in snow-choked northern Michigan.
Lights! Water! Elvis! Muticolored splashy evening fun in a park in Michigan.
In a genteel downtown, a mysterious aggregation of lots of hocus pocus.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Michigan
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Michigan attractions.
- Allen Park: World's Largest Tire
- Alpena: Kaiser Paul - Bunyan Made of Car Parts
- Bangor: Muffler Man - Viking [tips]
- Battle Creek: The Kellogg Rejuvenators
- Benton Harbor: Skellville: Skeleton Scenes [tips]
- Bridgeport: Junction Valley Railroad - Miniature Trains [tips]
- Brighton: Dine With Jesus
- Brooklyn: Muffler Man - Paul Bunyan [tips]
- Cassopolis: Casey Jones: Private Muffler Man [tips]
- Charlevoix: World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan
- Copper Harbor: Delaware Copper Mine Tours [tips]
- Cross Village: Legs Inn - Upside-down Stove Legs [tips]
- Dearborn: The Henry Ford, America's Greatest History Attraction
- Detroit: Giant Fist of Joe Louis
- Detroit: Giant Cow Head [tips]
- Detroit: The Heidelberg Project
- Detroit: The Spirit of Detroit
- Farmington Hills: Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum
- Fennville: Betty the Stuffed Sleigh Dog
- Frankenmuth: Frankenmuth Cheese Haus Mouse [tips]
- Gaylord: Call of the Wild Museum [tips]
- Gladstone: Pet Casket Factory Tours
- Grand Marais: Pickle Barrel House [tips]
- Grand Rapids: Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Grand Rapids: 100-Foot-Long Loch Ness Monster [tips]
- Greenland: Adventure Mine [tips]
- Hamtramck: Hamtramck Disneyland - Dmytro Szylak Folk Art
- Hell: Town of Hell [tips]
- Hickory Corners: Gilmore Car Museum - Tucker Torpedo
- Indian River: Giant Crucifix and Nun Doll Museum
- Ironwood: Hiawatha, World's Largest Indian
- Ishpeming: U.S. National Ski Hall of Fame and Museum
- Ishpeming: Da Yoopers Tourist Trap
- Jackson: The Jackson Cascades
- Jackson: Prison Museum in Working Prison [tips]
- Jenison: Terrain Map of the United States [tips]
- Kalamazoo: Air Zoo [tips]
- Kalamazoo: Einstein Tosses a Frisbee
- Kaleva: Big Grasshopper Sculpture [tips]
- L'Anse: Bishop Baraga - Shrine of the Snowshoe Priest
- Lansing: R.E. Olds Transportation Museum [tips]
- Mackinac Island: The Haunted Theater [tips]
- Mackinaw City: Giant Hot Dog [tips]
- Manistee: Robert Wadlow's Shoe, Statue [tips]
- Maple Ridge Township: Mystery Falls Sinkhole [tips]
- Marquette: Lakenenland - Junkyard Art [tips]
- Marshall: American Museum of Magic
- Montague: World's Largest Weather Vane [tips]
- Muskegon: WWII Submarine Silversides [tips]
- Muskegon: America's Tallest Singing Christmas Tree [tips]
- Muskegon: Snurfer Monument - Birthplace of Snowboarding [tips]
- New Baltimore: Muffler Man - Greg E. Normous Statue [tips]
- New Baltimore: Golf Giant
- Newaygo: Fish Heads in the Park [tips]
- Newberry: Oswald's Bear Ranch [tips]
- Northville: ToothQuake: Piles of Big Teeth [tips]
- Nunica: Front Lawn Stonehenge
- Onaway: Giant Metal Head of George Washington [tips]
- Onsted: Mystery Hill [tips]
- Oscoda: Paul Bunyan Statue [tips]
- Ossineke: Paul Bunyan and Babe Statues
- Ossineke: Dinosaur Gardens Prehistoric Zoo
- Ottawa Lake: Giant Uncle Sam Statue [tips]
- Paradise: Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum [tips]
- Paris: 20-Foot-Tall Eiffel Tower and 8-Foot-Tall Indian
- Plymouth: United Memorial Gardens
- Redford: Silvio's Italian American Historical Artistic Museum
- Royal Oak: 25-Foot-Tall Giant Kissers [tips]
- Sawyer: Town of Fighter Jets [tips]
- St. Ignace: Mystery Spot
- St. Ignace: Paul Bunyan and Babe - Castle Rock
- St. Louis: Mini Mackinac Bridge [tips]
- Traverse City: World's Largest Cherry Pie Pan
- Traverse City: Mental Hospital Tour: Buildings and Tunnels [tips]
- Vulcan: Iron Mountain Iron Mine Tour [tips]