Find Michigan travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Museum exhibits health contraptions of the 19th century Battle Creek Sanitarium.
Tyree Guyton's neighborhood was a bunch of derelict houses. Now they're works of art!
Silvio Luigi Barile built a mind-boggling sculptural tribute to Italians, Americans, and Italian-Americans.
Retired auto worker Dmytro Szylak's eye-boggling yard art mass spins in the wind and lights up at night.
Cemetery with more than its share of patriotic, religious, and other tributes.
Charlevoix and Traverse City, Michigan
The pies are gone, but the pie tins struggle on.
Cultural center for beer guzzling, flatulent, hapless hunting Yoopers.
In a genteel downtown, a mysterious aggregation of hocus and pocus.
Lights! Water! Elvis! Muticolored splashy evening fun in a park in Michigan.
Classic dinosaur park with some unique twists.
Beloved Bishop Baraga celebrated with huge statue.
Allen Park, Michigan
World's Fair retread that stands 80-ft. tall. Your head could get stuck in a tread.
Grand Rapids - A 55-foot-long piece of steampunk-inspired barnyard-cyborg art, Steam Pig, is for sale. It has to be moved by the end of July. Its creators are listening to all offers. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Michigan attractions.
- Allen Park: World's Largest Tire [tips]
- Alpena: Paul Bunyan Made of Car Parts
- Battle Creek: The Kellogg Rejuvenators
- Bessemer: Ski Bum Statue
- Cedar Lake: 2-story Outhouse [tips]
- Charlevoix: World's Largest Cherry Pie
- Chassell: Giant Bear Trap [tips]
- Cheboygan: Sea Shell City
- Christmas: Giant statues of Mr. and Mrs. Claus [tips]
- Cross Village: Upside-down stove restaurant [tips]
- Dearborn: Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village
- Detroit: Parking Structure with Beautiful Ceiling [tips]
- Detroit: The Heidelberg Project
- Detroit: The Spirit of Detroit
- Detroit: World's Largest Stove [tips]
- Durand: Circus Train Wreck Memorial [tips]
- Elk Rapids: Dean of Tourist Activity
- Farmington Hills: Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum
- Fennville: Betty, dead dog in a sleigh
- Frankenmuth: Bavarian-themed Christmas-y town [tips]
- Gladstone: Hoegh Pet Casket Factory Tours
- Grand Haven: Musical Fountain [tips]
- Grand Rapids: First City With Fluoridated Water Memorial [tips]
- Grand Rapids: Gerald Ford Museum
- Hamtramck: Hamtramck Disneyland - Folk Art
- Hamtramck: Neon Kielbasa [tips]
- Hell: Town named... [tips]
- Holland: Dutch-Themed Town
- Indian River: Cross in the Woods, Nun Doll Museum.
- Ironwood: Hiawatha statue [tips]
- Ironwood: Smiley Water Tower
- Ishpeming: Da Yoopers Tourist Trap [tips]
- Ishpeming: US National Ski Hall of Fame and Museum
- Jackson: Mr. Chicken the Plastic-legged Rooster
- Jackson: The Cascades [tips]
- Kaleva: Bottle House [tips]
- Kalkaska: Trout Fountain
- L'Anse: Shrine of the Snowshoe Priest
- Levering: Sea Shell City
- Marshall: American Museum of Magic
- Manistique: Paul Bunyan statue
- Midland: Tridge - 3-way bridge [tips]
- Millington: Smiley Face Water Tower [tips]
- Oscoda: Paul Bunyan statue >
- Oscoda: Lumbermen's Monument [tips]
- Ossineke: Dinosaur Gardens Prehistoric Zoo
- Ossineke: Paul Bunyan and Babe
- Paris: Eiffel Tower and the Indian
- Plymouth: Robert Wadlow's Shoe [tips]
- Plymouth: United Memorial Gardens
- Redford: Silvio's Italian American Museum
- Rockford: Dinerland USA and Diner Mini Golf [tips]
- Somerset: Concrete Wood Art [tips]
- St. Ignace: Paul Bunyan and Babe
- St. Ignace: Mystery Spot
- Sault St. Marie: Antlers, taxidermy restaurant [tips]
- Traverse City: World Champion Cow of the Insane
- Traverse City: World's Largest Cherry Pie [tips]
- Ypsilanti: Big Cow [tips]