Find Minnesota travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Blue Earth, Minnesota
55 1/2 ft. tall vegetable man gazes northward at I-90.
This is the strangest giant bird statue that you'll see in your lifetime.
St. Urho is honored by a bizarre statue recreating his mythical battle with giant grasshoppers.
This bulky Bunyan is often dressed in sweaters and funny hats in the winter, but do you really want to drive to northern Minnesota in the winter?
The late Francis Johnson's famous giant ball, now the centerpiece of the town. It's the "Largest Ball of Twine Rolled by One Man."
Edwin Julius Krueger used to run the general store in this tiny town, and he never threw away anything. Including his dead cat.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
A large, ground-hugging otter statue is a strange source of civic pride in Fergus Falls.
New Ulm - New Ulm, Minnesota, has for years been enticing tourists with its Germanic attractions: a glockenspiel, beer pubs, and a really big statue of Hermann the German (Third largest copper statue in the U.S.). Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Minnesota attractions.
- Alexandria: Big Ole - Viking Statue
- Alexandria: Kensington Runestone
- Akeley: Bunyan Statue and Birthplace
- Austin: Hormel Spam Museum
- Barnum: Voyageur Statue [tips]
- Battle Lake: Chief Wenonga Statue [tips]
- Baudette: Walleye Capital of the World
- Belgrade: Crow Pavilion
- Belle Plaine: 2-story Outhouse
- Bemidji: Paul Bunyan and Babe Statues
- Bena: Restaurant Inside a Fish [tips]
- Big Falls: Uncle Dan Campbell statue
- Blackduck: Black Ducks
- Blue Earth: Jolly Green Giant.
- Brainerd: Paul Bunyan
- Brainerd: Welcome Center Bunyan [tips]
- Chisholm: Iron Man
- Cloquet: Frank Lloyd Wright Gas Station [tips]
- Cold Springs: Grasshopper Chapel [tips]
- Darwin: World's Largest Twine Ball
- Deerwood: Deer statue [tips]
- Duluth: Replica Viking Ship
- Ely: Cabin of the Root Beer Lady
- Erskine: World's Largest Northern [tips]
- Eveleth: World's 2nd Largest Hockey Stick
- Fergus Falls: World's Largest Otter
- Fergus Falls: Canada Goose [tips]
- Frazee: Giant Turkey
- Garrison: Walleye Capital of the World
- Harmony: Niagara Cave
- Hibbing: Greyhound Bus Origin Center
- International Falls: Smokey Bear statue
- Isle: Big Walleye [tips]
- Kabetogama: Bucking Fish Photo Op
- Kabetogama: Ellsworth Rock Garden [tips]
- Kelliher: Paul Bunyan's Grave
- Madison: Lutefisk Capital of the World [tips]
- Mankato: The Last Happy Chef [tips]
- Menahga: St. Urho
- Moorhead: Replica Viking Ship
- Mora: Dala Horse
- Nevis: World's Largest Tiger Muskie
- New Ulm: Hermann the German, Glockenspiel
- Nodine: Culvert Man [tips]
- Northfield: Last Bank Jesse James Tried to Rob [tips]
- North St. Paul: World's Largest Stucco Snowman [tips]
- Olivia: World's Largest Ear of Corn
- Orr: Home of the Giant Bluegill
- Ortonville: Paul Bunyan's anchor [tips]
- Owatonna: Dead Animals Attack!, Cabela's
- Pelican Rapids: World's Largest Pelican
- Pequot Lakes: World's Largest Fishing Bobber [tips]
- Pine City: Voyageur statue [tips]
- Rochester: Corn water tower
- Rochester: Transparent Man
- Rothsay: World's Largest Prairie Chicken
- Rush City: Walleye Capital of the World
- Silver Bay: Rocky Taconite
- Two Harbors: Giant Voyageur
- Two Harbors: Sandpaper Museum
- Vergas: Big Loon
- Vining: Odd sculptures [tips]
- Virginia: World's Largest Floating Loon
- Wheaton: Big Mallard [tips]
- Wykoff: Ed's Museum