Find Mississippi travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Port Gibson, Mississippi
Towering columns nearly lost in the woods, all that remain of the largest antebellum plantation house in Mississippi.
In 1935, the King was born in a 2-room home built by his father. It's the centerpiece of any Tupelo Elvis Presley pilgrimage.
A gift shop built inside a 28-foot tall black woman's skirt.
Gulfport - Along US Hwy 90 across Mississippi, artist Marlin Miller has carved over 50 marine-themed sculptures from oak and cypress trees left standing but dead by Hurricane Katrina. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Mississippi attractions.
- Flora: Petrified Forest [tips]
- Leland: Jim Henson Museum [tips]
- Lucedale: Palestine Gardens [tips]
- Meridian: King and Queen of the Gypsies [tips]
- Natchez: Mammy's Cupboard
- Oxford: World's Largest Red Cedar Bucket [tips]
- Port Gibson: Windsor Ruins
- Tupelo: Birthplace of Elvis Presley
- Vicksburg: Folk art church [tips]
- Vicksburg: Pregnancy Mini Ball [tips]
- Vicksburg: Where Coca-Cola Was First Bottled