Find Mississippi travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederacy, led a war to defend racial slavery, but a statue on his front lawn shows him in a fatherly pose with a mulatto slave boy.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
A luncheonette built inside a 28-foot tall black woman's capacious skirt.
Visit the tiny two-room shack where the King was born -- then stroll the grounds to take in the statue, museum, and Elvis's first church.
Port Gibson, Mississippi
Towering columns nearly lost in the woods, all that remain of the largest antebellum plantation house in Mississippi.
Elvis fans can touch the hand of a bronze Elvis statue reaching down from its pedestal, just the way the real Elvis did when he was up on stage.
Statues of United States President Abraham Lincoln and Confederate States President Jefferson Davis turned to face each other as if having a chat.
Follow the 16-mile-long tour road to see over 1,000 monuments depicting dead generals and vermin-infested soldiers. Also the USS Cairo, a real Civil War ironclad.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Mississippi
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Mississippi attractions.
- Aberdeen: Lady Whose Dress Caught Fire [tips]
- Biloxi: 32-Foot-Tall Shark Head Entrance
- Clarksdale: Shack Up Inn [tips]
- Fayette: Folk Art Frog Farm [tips]
- Flora: Giant Tepee BBQ Restaurant - Closed [tips]
- Foxworth: Grand Canyon of Mississippi [tips]
- Foxworth: Grave of World's Oldest Man and Last Living Slave
- Greenwood: Sleep in a Cotton Picker's Shack [tips]
- Gulfport: Dedeaux Clan Giant Rocking Chair [tips]
- Iuka: World's Largest Apron Museum [tips]
- Jackson: Abandoned World's Largest Mississippi River Model [tips]
- Lake View: State Line Big John [tips]
- Marks: Gurley's House and Collection [tips]
- Moss Point: Gulf Coast Gator Ranch [tips]
- Natchez: Mammy's Cupboard
- Pascagoula: Trent Lott's Head - in a Cage [tips]
- Pearlington: Giant Rocket from Apollo 19 [tips]
- Port Gibson: The Windsor Ruins
- Tupelo: Birthplace of Elvis
- Tupelo: Touch the Hand of Elvis
- Vicksburg: Miracle Baby Bullet and Sash of Presidents [tips]
- Vicksburg: Abe and Jeff: Presidents and Equals
- Vicksburg: Vicksburg National Military Park
- Westonia: Stennisphere - Space Visitors Center