Find Mississippi travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
In 1935, the King was born in a 2-room home built by his father. It's the centerpiece of any Tupelo Elvis Presley pilgrimage.
Holly Springs, Mississippi
Elvis shrine -- the real deal. Closed after death of Paul McLeod in July 2014.
A gift shop built inside a 28-foot tall black woman's skirt.
Gulfport - Along US Hwy 90 across Mississippi, artist Marlin Miller has carved over 50 marine-themed sculptures from oak and cypress trees left standing but dead by Hurricane Katrina. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Mississippi attractions.
- Flora: Petrified Forest [tips]
- Gulfport: Hurricane Shipwreck [tips]
- Holly Springs: Graceland Too
- Leland: Jim Henson Museum [tips
- Lucedale: Palestine Gardens [tips]
- Meridian: King and Queen of the Gypsies [tips]
- Natchez: Mammy's Cupboard
- Oxford: World's Largest Red Cedar Bucket [tips]
- Port Gibson: Windsor Ruins [tips]
- Tupelo: Birthplace of Elvis Presley
- Vicksburg: Folk art church [tips]
- Vicksburg: Pregnancy Mini Ball [tips]
- Vicksburg: Where Coca-Cola Was First Bottled