Find Montana travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Ah, therapeutic radioactivity. Old mines have become radon vacation havens for the aged and ill, pockmarking the landscape between Basin and Boulder.
Virginia City, Montana
Human body parts are rarely exhibited in America's museums. Club Foot George's Club Foot is perhaps a good example of why.
3,980 lb. dead bovine exhibited in the local historical museum.
Pay at the entrance, walk through a tunnel, and emerge on the other side to a viewing platform over a vast hole in the ground filled with toxic water waste. It's like Crater Lake, except it's a lake of poison.
Crow Agency, Montana
Enough about Custer -- let's hear from Little Big Horn's winners.
Cut Bank, Montana
27 feet tall, made of five tons of concrete. Apt ambassador for the "Coldest Spot in the Nation."
Perversely, hangin' Sheriff Henry Plummer was one of only five men hanged from the town gallows.
Fort Benton, Montana
His master never returned, but Shep met the train every day until he died. The town remembers.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Montana
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Montana attractions.
- Anaconda: The Big Stack
- Arlee: Garden of One Thousand Buddhas [tips]
- Baker: Steer Montana
- Bearcreek: Pig Races on Pig Track at Saloon [tips]
- Billings: Muffler Man - Cowboy
- Billings: Two-Headed Calf, Sacrifice Cliff
- Billings: Muffler Man with Tire [tips]
- Boulder: Radon Health Mines
- Bozeman: American Computer and Robotics Museum [tips]
- Browning: Espresso Tipi [tips]
- Butte: Our Lady of the Rockies
- Butte: Berkeley Pit Overlook
- Butte: Statue of Auditor, the Strip Mine Dog
- Butte: Historic Dumas Brothel Museum [tips]
- Columbia Falls: Montana Vortex and House of Mystery [tips]
- Columbus: Dummy on Gallows, Relics of Killer
- Crow Agency: Custer's Last Stand: Little Big Horn
- Culbertson: Hobo Bible Art in a Caboose [tips]
- Cut Bank: Talking Penguin Statue
- Deer Lodge: Old Prison Museum [tips]
- Dillon: Sheriff Hanged on His Own Gallows
- Ennis: Cattle-Mutilating Creature [tips]
- Fort Benton: Forever Faithful - Old Shep
- Great Falls: Big John - Cowboy Muffler Man
- Great Falls: The Sip 'n Dip Lounge: Mermaids!
- Haugan: World Famous 50,000 Silver Dollar Bar [tips]
- Havre: 20 Foot Pile of Buffalo Bones Behind Shopping Mall [tips]
- Havre: Havre Beneath the Streets [tips]
- Hobson: Medus-Hay - Medusa Head Sculpture [tips]
- Joliet: The Creature - Skiier God Sculpture [tips]
- Nevada City: World's Largest Automated Music Machine Collection [tips]
- Polson: Miracle of America Museum [tips]
- Rockvale: Muffler Man - Cowboy with Big Rifle
- Virginia City: Club Foot George's Club Foot