Find Montana travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Crow Agency, Montana
Enough about Custer -- let's hear from Little Big Horn's winners.
3,980 lb. bovine exhibited in the local historical museum.
Two transmission titans heft metal, inspire the workers.
Fort Benton, Montana
His master never returned, but Shep met the train every day until he died. The town remembers.
Gambling in Big Sky country is low rent and pervasive.
Butte - Visitors who want to get a close-up encounter with the towering steel statue have to take a three-hour round trip by bus to visit her mountaintop perch. An aerial tram would cut that trip to a mere five minutes. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Montana attractions.
- Anaconda: The Big Stack
- Baker: Steer Montana
- Basin, Boulder: Radon Health Mines. Merry Widow, Sunshine Health, Radon Tunnel, Free Enterprise, Earth Angel.
- Billings: Two-Headed Calf, Sacrifice Cliff
- Bozeman: Big Red, Behemoth Ox
- Butte: Auditor, Strip Mine Dog
- Butte: Berkeley Pit Overlook
- Butte: Our Lady of the Rockies
- Clinton: Testicle Festival [tips]
- Columbia Falls: House of Mystery
- Columbus: Dummy on Gallows, Relics of Killer
- Crow Agency: Custer's Last Stand, Little Big Horn Battle Monument
- Cut Bank: World's Largest Talking Penguin
- Dillon: Old Pitt, Elephant Struck by Lightning
- Dillon: Sheriff Hanged on His Own Gallows
- Fort Benton: Old Shep
- Fort Benton: Hornaday's Bull, the Buffalo Nickel Buffalo
- Garyowen: Custer Battlefield Museum & Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Great Falls: World's Largest Model Airplane Collection [tips]
- Havre: Underground Town Tour [tips]
- Joe: Town of Joe, Montana
- Polson: Miracle of America [tips]
- Virginia City: Club Foot George's Clubfoot