Find North Dakota travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Rugby, North Dakota
Rock obelisk marks an important spot on your map.
Bottineau, North Dakota
A giant turtle drives a giant snowmobile in Bottineau, North Dakota.
Regent, North Dakota
Large, fanciful sculptures in the middle of nowhere, soon to become somewhere if enough people come to look.
Jamestown, North Dakota
World's Largest Cow in Jamestown, North Dakota.
New Salem, North Dakota
World's Largest Cow in New Salem, North Dakota.
Regent - For the past two decades, Gary Greff has been building the world's largest metal sculptures along The Enchanted Highway, trying to lure travelers off the interstate to his hometown of Regent. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of North Dakota attractions.
- Belcourt: Four Arrows Monument
- Bismarck: North Dakota Hall of Fame
- Bottineau: Four Chaplains Memorial
- Bottineau: Tommy the Turtle
- Center: Hazel Miner's Lame Memorial
- Cooperstown: Ronald Reagan Peace Through Strength Missile Silo Historic Site
- Dunseith: Turtle Made of Wheel Rims
- Fairmont: Sermon in Stone
- Fargo: Roger Maris Museum
- Fargo: Walk of Fame
- Fort Ransom: Viking Statue
- Fort Yates: Battle for Sitting Bull's Grave
- Garrison: Zombie Golf Giant
- Garrison: Walleye Capital of the World
- Grand Forks: Fabulous Kegs Drive-In [tips]
- Hatton: Memorial Arch to Air Mail Pilot
- Jamestown: World's Largest Buffalo
- Karlsruhe/Verendyre: Man Who Mapped North Dakota
- Kulm: Birthplace of Angie Dickinson
- LaMoure: Mr. Wheat's Missile
- Merricourt: Indian Massacre, Rare Rock Pile
- Minot: Dala Horse statue [tips]
- New Salem: Salem Sue the Cow
- New Town: Earl Bunyan statue [tips]
- Nome: Standing Rock
- Parshall: Paul Broste Rock Museum
- Regent: The Enchanted Highway
- Rugby: Geographical Center of North America
- Rugby: World's Tallest Salesman
- San Haven: International Peace Garden
- Steele: Giant Sandhill Crane [tips]
- Strasburg: Birthplace of Lawrence Welk
- Wahpeton: Giant Catfish [tips]
- Walhalla: Martyrs Graves
- Walhalla: Oldest Building in North Dakota