Find North Dakota travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
New Salem, North Dakota
Salem Sue, who's already big, towers above New Salem on a rare North Dakota hill.
Regent, North Dakota
Gary Greff's towering, fanciful metal sculptures appear every few miles along one empty road in the middle of nowhere.
Bottineau, North Dakota
A giant statue of the Snowmobiling Reptile Hero of Bottineau. Travelers can stand behind his windscreen.
Dunseith, North Dakota
This titan was welded together from over 2,000 steel wheel rims; its head alone weighs over a ton.
Jamestown, North Dakota
This mighty bull bison -- built in 1959 out of sixty tons of concrete -- keeps its unblinking eye on the Jamestown grain elevator.
Fort Ransom, North Dakota
A towering son of Odin looks out over North Dakota, probably wondering what he's doing there.
Fort Yates, North Dakota
Two towns on either side of the Dakota border claim to have the great Indian chief's bones. This is where North Dakota's Sitting Bull is buried.
Rugby, North Dakota
A rock obelisk in a gas station parking lot marks an important spot on your map.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of North Dakota
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of North Dakota attractions.
- Bismarck: Four-Headed Thunderbird Statue [tips]
- Bottineau: Tommy the Turtle
- Carrington: Muffler Man - Indian [tips]
- Cooperstown: Ronald Reagan Peace Through Strength Missile Silo Historic Site [tips]
- Dunseith: W'eel Turtle Made From Wheel Rims
- Fargo: Woodchipper from the Movie Fargo [tips]
- Fort Ransom: Hilltop Viking Statue
- Fort Yates: Disputed Grave of Sitting Bull
- Garrison: Zombie Golf Giant
- Garrison: Wally Walleye
- Jamestown: World's Largest Buffalo
- New Salem: Salem Sue, World's Largest Holstein Cow
- New Town: Earl Bunyon [tips]
- Parshall: Paul Broste Rock Museum
- Regent: Enchanted Highway
- Regent: The Enchanted Castle [tips]
- Rugby: Geographical Center of North America
- Rugby: World's Tallest Salesman Exhibit
- Rutland: Grill that Cooked the World's Largest Hamburger [tips]
- Verendyre: David Thompson Monument
- Watford City: Teddy Roosevelt's Giant Head