Find Nebraska travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
The Druids got nowhere near the prairie of the Nebraska panhandle, but they might've felt at home here, at a Stonehenge replica made of junked cars.
More than 50,000 items in 28+ buildings. Where else can you see a piece of the tin foil used on Edison's first phonograph, and a monkey wrench exhibit?
The former Strategic Air Command Museum replaced bombs and white-knuckle brinksmanship with a kinder, gentler world of aircraft gazing.
Boys Town, Nebraska
In the philamatic museum, this unique achievement was assembled by sticky fingers and tongues of Boys Town.
Feast your eyes on a parka made of seal intestines.
The largest city museum between Denver and Chicago displays important Kool-Aid historical artifacts, including the bulbous Kool-Aid Man suit (before he became a digital fake).
Log arch stretches across I-80 and contains an oddly overblown, multi-million-dollar, multi-media extravaganza about traveling through Nebraska.
Military might, along with a replica of America's hasty retreat from Saigon, draws passersby off of the interstate.
North Platte, Nebraska
Fake stockade fort with sentinel mannequins. Sheltered within are a Muffler Man, a giant gift shop, a two-headed calf, and the world's largest animated miniature Wild West Show.
Built by a man from 1975 who vowed not to be forgotten.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Nebraska
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Nebraska attractions.
- Alliance: Carhenge
- Ashland: Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum
- Big Springs: Caterpillar of Tires [tips]
- Boys Town: World's Largest Ball of Stamps
- Chadron: Museum of the Fur Trade
- Elkhorn: Brick Lincoln Highway from 1920 [tips]
- Hastings: Andy the Footless Goose
- Hastings: Birthplace of Kool-Aid
- Hastings: Kool-Aid: Discover the Dream
- Kearney: The Archway
- Lexington: Fall of Saigon, Recreated
- Lincoln: Big, Clanging Head of Bricks [tips]
- Minden: Harold Warp's Pioneer Village
- Nebraska City: River Country Nature Center: Taxidermy Chicken Coop [tips]
- North Platte: Fort Cody Trading Post
- North Platte: Muffler Man - Indian [tips]
- Ogallala: Petrified Wood Art [tips]
- Omaha: Union Pacific Big Boy [tips]
- Omaha: Freedom Park - Submarine and Minesweeper on Land [tips]
- Omaha: 15-Foot-Tall Fork with Pasta [tips]
- Paxton: Ole's Big Game Steakhouse and Lounge [tips]
- Plainview: Klown Doll Museum [tips]
- Scotia: Happy Jack Chalk Mine Tour [tips]
- Seward: World's Largest Time Capsule