Find Nebraska travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
More than 50,000 items in 28+ buildings. Where else can you see a piece of the tin foil used on Edison's first phonograph, and a monkey wrench exhibit?
Built by a man from 1975 who vowed not to be forgotten.
The former Strategic Air Command Museum has replaced bombs and white-knuckle brinksmanship with a kinder, gentler world of aircraft gazing.
Visit the town where the magic powder was invented and stand in the mighty footprints of Kool-Aid Man.
In the philamatic museum, this unique achievement was assembled by sticky fingers and tongues of Boys Town.
Log arch stretches across I-80 and contains an oddly overblown, multi-million-dollar, multi-media extravaganza about traveling through Nebraska.
The Druids got nowhere near the prairie of the Nebraska panhandle, but they would've felt at home here, at a Stonehenge replica made of junked cars.
Military might, along with a replica of a hasty retreat from Saigon, draws passersby off the interstate.
Collection of frontier artifacts and trappings of an Old Economy.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Nebraska
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Nebraska attractions.
- Alda: Brothers Pinned Together By An Arrow
- Alliance: Carhenge [tips]
- Ashland: Strategic Air and Space Museum [tips]
- Chadron: Museum of the Fur Trade
- Deweese: Dodger the Basset Hound
- Eli: Petrified Wood tombstones [tips]
- Gothenburg: Sod House Museum [tips]
- Hastings: Kool-Aid Museum, the actual birthplace, and Footprints of Kool-Aid Man
- Hastings: Andy the Footless Goose
- Kearney: Great Platte River Road Archway Monument [tips]
- Kimball: Missile Center USA [tips]
- Lexington: Fall of Saigon Recreation [tips]
- Milford: World's Largest Covered Wagon [tips]
- Minden: Harold Warp's Pioneer Village
- North Platte: Fort Cody Trading Post
- Ogallala: Petrified Wood art [tips]
- Ogallala: UFO Water Tower [tips]
- Omaha: World's Largest Ball of Stamps
- Omaha: World's Largest Coffee Pot [tips]
- Paxton: Ole's Big Game Lounge [tips]
- Ponca Hills: Dine While Raccoons Scavenge [tips]
- Seward: World's Largest Time Capsule
- Waterloo: Sleep in a Union Pacific Caboose [tips]