Find New Hampshire travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Lincoln, New Hampshire
New England's best roadside attraction, where bears eat ice cream and a train full of tourists is attacked by a hairy mutant.
Greenfield, New Hampshire
A mighty Medieval-style war machine, seven stories tall, hurls pumpkins for the thrill of visitors.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
A super-secret experimental submarine, docked in a trench to protect it from Portsmouth's tidal flows (supposedly).
Concord, New Hampshire
A well-done lookalike, erected to honor New Hampshire's most famous spaceman, Alan Shepard.
Concord, New Hampshire
14th President Franklin Pierce died in 1869 in the house that once stood at this spot. Only the steps remain, along with a historical marker.
Hooksett, New Hampshire
Used car dealership owner Stephen Singer displays his personal collection of all things Ali.
Jefferson, New Hampshire
One of a string of surviving Storybook and Santa-themed parks across New England. Has a noteworthy array of nightmare-scale statuary.
Laconia, New Hampshire
Pac-Man. Donky Kong. Battlezone. Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket, or are you just happy to be back in a video game arcade?
Penacook, New Hampshire
The first non-allegorical woman to get a statue in America. It marks the spot where a kidnapped pioneer mom turned the hatchet on her murdering captors.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of New Hampshire
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of New Hampshire attractions.
- Concord: 92-Foot-Tall Mercury Redstone Rocket Replica
- Concord: Doorstep Defended by Franklin Pierce, Vacant Lot Where He Died
- Dover: Four-Legged Chick and Lincoln's Saddle [tips]
- Greenfield: Yankee Siege Trebuchet
- Hampton: Giant Pirate [tips]
- Hinsdale: House Covered in License Plates [tips]
- Hooksett: Muhammad Ali's Broken Jaw X-Ray
- Jefferson: Santa's Village
- Keene: Teacher's Desk Tombstone [tips]
- Laconia: American Classic Arcade Museum
- Lincoln: Clark's Trading Post
- Madison: America's Largest Glacial Traveler [tips]
- Penacook: Hannah Duston Massacre Site Statue
- Pinkham Notch: Mt. Washington Auto Road: Famous Bumper Sticker
- Pinkham Notch: World's Worst Weather Museum [tips]
- Portsmouth: USS Albacore, Submarine in a Ditch
- Rumney: Polar Caves [tips]
- Salem: America's Stonehenge
- Warren: Only Town with a Real Redstone Rocket [tips]
- Wolfeboro: Wright Museum of WWII History [tips]