Find New Hampshire travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
A super-secret experimental submarine, docked in a trench to protect it from Portsmouth's tidal flows (supposedly).
Greenfield, New Hampshire
Medieval war machine, seven stories tall, hurls pumpkins for the thrill of visitors.
Laconia, New Hampshire
World's Largest Video Arcade preserves Golden Age coin-gobblers.
Hookset, New Hampshire
Used car dealership owner Stephen Singer displays his personal collection of all things Ali.
Grafton, New Hampshire
Dramatic hilltop hollow where amateur rockhounds hammer away for mineral treasures.
Lincoln, New Hampshire
New England's best roadside attraction, where bears eat ice cream and a train full of tourists is attacked by a hairy mutant.
Franconia Notch - In May 2003 the "Old Man of the Mountain" fell off a cliff in Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. It was a natural rock formation that looked like a craggy face, so loved by its state that its profile is still used on New Hampshire license plates and road signs. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of New Hampshire attractions.
- Allenstown: New Hampshire Snowmobile Museum
- Bethlehem: Crossroads of America [tips]
- Colebrook: Motorcyclists Shrine [tips], Murder victim Memorial
- Concord: 92-Foot-Tall Mercury Redstone Rocket Replica
- Dover: Woodman Institute, odd exhibits [tips]
- Grafton: Ruggles Mine
- Greenfield: Yankee Siege Trebuchet
- Hampton: Memorial to a Witch [tips]
- Hampton: Thorvald's Rock [tips]
- Hooksett: Muhammad Ali's Broken Jaw X-Ray in a Car Dealership
- Isles of Shoals: Ruined Monument to Man Saved by Pocahontas
- Jefferson: Santa's Village
- Laconia: American Classic Arcade Museum
- Lincoln: Clark's Trading Post, Bear Show, Moxie Car
- Madison: America's Largest Glacial Traveler [tips]
- Manchester: Merci Box Car [tips]
- North Salem: America's Stonehenge
- Portsmouth: USS Albacore - Sub in a Ditch
- Rumny: Polar Caves [tips]
- Warren: Missile in town square [tips]
- Woodstock: Tiny Church