Find New Jersey travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Edison, New Jersey
WPA-era fountain sculpture depicts Evil in various forms, vanquished by American can-do spirit.
Hackensack, New Jersey
Floating in the Hackensack River. Make sure to continuously duck when you take the tour.
Florence, New Jersey
The crapper from Hitler's personal yacht still flushes at Greg's Auto Repair.
Lakehurst, New Jersey
Largest Nazi zeppelin lost it here in 1937. See the memorial and the museum.
Shamong, New Jersey
Beach colossus rehabilitated as an inland memorial to departed Mighty Joe.
Beemerville, New Jersey
The stuffed carcass of Goliath is one of the treasures to be examined at this free museum of stuff.
Edison - Menlo Park, New Jersey
More than you really need to know about the Wizard of Menlo Park, Thomas Edison, in a small museum next to the light bulb tower.
Flemington, New Jersey
Epic-proportioned miniature railroad attraction built by the guy who also plays the organs at the center of Northlandz.
Ogdensburg, New Jersey
Enter authentic zinc mine, see fake coal. Includes Thomas S. Warren Museum of Fluorescence.
Camden - No matter how you feel about guns, it's hard to resist the urge to fire one that's 66 feet long. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of New Jersey attractions.
- Absecon: The Ship House [tips]
- Atlantic City: Home of the Miss America Pageant
- Atlantic City: Totally Hot Naked Lady Liberty
- Atlantic Highlands: 9/11 Eagle Clutching I-Beam
- Bayonne: Giant 9/11 Teardrop Memorial [tips]
- Bayville: Champagne Bottle [tips]
- Bayville: Dinosaur [tips]
- Beemerville: Goliath the Bear, Space Farms
- Caldwell: Grover Cleveland's Wedding Cake
- Cape May: Concrete Ship
- Cape May: The Ugly Mug [tips]
- Edison: Light Dispelling Darkness
- Edison/Menlo Park: World's Largest Incandescent Light Bulb
- Egg Harbor City: Peterson's Garage Sculptures [tips]
- Flemington: Northlandz
- Florence: Hitler's Toilet
- Franklin: Franklin Mineral Museum
- Gloucester Township - Hilltop: Nitro Girl
- Grovers Mill: Martian Landing Site
- Hackensack: U.S.S. Ling, World War II Sub
- Haddonfield: First Dinosaur Discovery
- Hamilton Township: World's Largest Tooth
- Holmdel: Transistor Water Tower
- Holmdel: Vietnam Era Education Center
- Lacy Township: Popcorn Park Zoo [tips]
- Lakehurst: Hindenburg Crash Site
- Linden: Mercedes Benz Gravestone
- Lyndhurst: Medieval Times
- Margate: Lucy the Elephant
- Middletown: Evil Food Circus Clown [tips]
- Millville: Museum of American Glass
- Monroe: World's Tallest Clown, Greek's Playland and Display World
- Netcong: Wild West City [tips]
- Newark: Catacombs of St. Joseph
- Newark: Giant Steel Hockey Player
- Ogdensburg: Sterling Hill Mining Museum
- Paterson: Lou Costello Statue
- Plainsboro: Elsie the Cow's Grave
- Pompton Lakes: Lad, a dog grave
- Red Bank: Buddy Christ Statue
- Rio Grande: One-legged Statue at Menz's
- Rancocas: Cornfield Cruiser [tips]
- Sandy Hook: Nike Missile Base
- Sea Girt: Intelligent Whale - A Submarine
- Seaside Heights: Muffler Men of the Jersey Shore
- Shamong: Mighty Joe the Gorilla
- Tabernacle: Emilio Carranza Crash Site Monument
- Toms River: Insectropolis
- Upper Deerfield Twsp: Carpet Viking Statue
- Vineland: Palace of Depression | Rebuilding | Fun Facts about George Daynor
- Weehawken: Death Rock of Alexander Hamilton
- West Trenton: New Jersey State Police Museum
- Wildwood: Pancake House Mural [tips]