Find New Jersey travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Flemington, New Jersey
Wild, exaggerated landscapes predominate in this vast indoor miniature train universe. The owner performs on a Phantom-of-the-Opera-style theater organ for atmosphere.
Margate City, New Jersey
A unique, multi-story 19th century building open for tours. "The only elephant you can go into and come out of alive."
Blackwood, New Jersey
A pert Uniroyal Gal has been transformed into a superhero to hawk nitrogen-inflated tires.
Hackensack, New Jersey
Floating in the Hackensack River. Make sure to continuously duck when you take the tour.
Linden, New Jersey
A teenager's car fantasy fulfilled -- posthumously. A full-size Mercedes Benz in granite is erected on his grave.
Ogdensburg, New Jersey
Enter authentic zinc mine, see fake coal. Includes Thomas S. Warren Museum of Fluorescence.
Tabernacle, New Jersey
A lonely pillar marks the spot where "the Lindbergh of Mexico" crashed and died in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Meant as an allegory on the horror of war, "Freedom Tearful" is an outdoor sculpture featuring a sexy and nude Lady Liberty atop a pile of World War I corpses.
Beemerville, New Jersey
The stuffed carcass of Goliath is one of the treasures to be examined at this free museum of stuff.
Cresskill, New Jersey
The one place you don't want to be in a flu pandemic is a crowded military transit camp.
Edison, New Jersey
It's perched atop an Art Deco tower, which stands where Thomas Edison once had a workshop.
Edison, New Jersey
Science, Industry, and Education dispel War, Famine, Pestilence, Death, Greed, and Materialism. In a fountain.
Franklin, New Jersey
Impressive collection of minerals, a glow-in-the-dark rock room, and a fake two-story mine shaft.
Jamesburg, New Jersey
The World's Tallest Clown, a driving range with satellite dishes as markers, and a unique rock museum, courtesy of "The Greek."
Jersey City, New Jersey
Lumberjack hefts a roll of carpet, a statue made famous in the opening credits of "The Sopranos."
Lakehurst, New Jersey
Largest Nazi zeppelin lost it here in 1937. See the memorial and the museum.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Huge indoor dinner theater spectacle of knights, jousting and horse stunts.
Morristown, New Jersey
Murtogh D. Guinness spent over 50 years collecting super-technical music machines and "living dolls."
Newark, New Jersey
Wander Newark's small underground mortuary of wax saints and martyrs, reclining in glass-fronted wall niches.
Newark, New Jersey
22 feet tall, weighs three tons. A slap shot from this angular stainless-steel Goliath would sail clear into neighboring New York.
North Bergen, New Jersey
Flanked by sphinxes, this is supposedly the only pyramid tomb in New Jersey.
Ocean City, New Jersey
Hook-handed, peg-legged, one-eyed adventurer ready to hew through summer boardwalk crowds with his mighty cutlass.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of New Jersey
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of New Jersey attractions.
- Atlantic City: Tour the World's Largest Musical Instrument [tips]
- Atlantic City: Totally Hot Naked Lady Liberty
- Bayonne: Giant 9/11 Teardrop Memorial [tips]
- Bayville: The Bayville Dinosaur: Headless [tips]
- Beemerville: Space Farms Zoo and Museum
- Blackwood: Nitro Girl - Uniroyal Gal
- Camden: Battleship New Jersey [tips]
- Cresskill: 563 Flu Victims Died Here
- Edison: World's Largest Light Bulb
- Edison: Light Dispelling Darkness - WPA Art
- Egg Harbor City: Peterson's Garage Sculptures [tips]
- Elberon: President Garfield Died Here
- Flemington: Northlandz
- Franklin: Replica Mine and Fluorescent Rock Room
- Freehold: Adventure to Health, Transparent Woman [tips]
- Hackensack: U.S.S. Ling, World War II Sub
- Holmeson: Muffler Man - Halfwit [tips]
- Holmeson: Dracula Muffler Man Head [tips]
- Jamesburg: Greek's Playland, Stone Museum, and Clown
- Jersey City: Carpet-Clutching Muffler Man
- Lakehurst: Crash Site of the Hindenburg
- Linden: Mercedes Benz Tombstone
- Lyndhurst: Medieval Times Dinner Theatre
- Magnolia: Muffler Man - Tire Man in Pink [tips]
- Margate City: Lucy the Elephant
- Morristown: The Guinness Collection of Automata
- Netcong: Wild West City [tips]
- New Gretna: Dinosaurs, Transformers, Jesus on a Wall [tips]
- Newark: Catacombs of St. Joseph
- Newark: Giant Steel Hockey Player
- North Bergen: Pyramid Tomb of C.F. Harms
- Ocean City: Muffler Man - Pirate
- Ogdensburg: Sterling Hill Mining Museum and Tour
- Ortley Beach: Muffler Man - Barnacle Bill
- Pennsville: 2,436 Rebels Buried Here
- Princeton: 30-Foot-Tall Backyard Buddha [tips]
- Princeton Junction: 1938 Martian Landing Site Monument
- Sandy Hook: Nike Missile Base Tours
- Sea Girt: The Intelligent Whale: Ancient Submarine
- Seaside Heights: Muffler Men Cluster [tips]
- Shamong: Mighty Joe the Gorilla
- South Bound Brook: Strange and Creepy Graves [tips]
- Tabernacle: Emilio Carranza Crash Monument
- Toms River: Insectropolis
- Toms River: Akron Airship Disaster Memorial
- Trenton: Grounds for Sculpture - Giant Statues [tips]
- Trenton: Big Metal Statue of King Lear [tips]
- Wall Township: Atomic Fallout Shelter Theater
- West Berlin: Diggerland USA [tips]
- West Trenton: New Jersey State Police Museum
- Wildwood: Ghost Ship [tips]
- Winslow: Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit [tips]
- Wood-Ridge: Bronze Statue of Rosie the Riveter
- Woodstown: Muffler Man - Rodeo Cowboy