Find New Mexico travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Socorro, New Mexico
Money-shot from countless sci-fi films, the VLA listens for exotic space noise while tolerating terrestrial tourists.
Roswell, New Mexico
Special examination of the glowing organs and viscera that comprise Roswell's alien tourist attractions.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Former National Atomic Museum still packs a punch with weapons and memorabilia of the Atom Age.
Alamogordo, New Mexico
New Mexico reaches for the stars with an educational and amusing collection of exhibits and unique artifacts.
Hatch, New Mexico
Teako Nunn has gathered America's fiberglass statue elite at his BBQ restaurant and RV business.
Organ, New Mexico
NASA knickknacks and orphaned artifacts, and a big water tank with a space mural.
Sandia Park, New Mexico
Tiny miniatures -- too many to count -- in mechanical motion, the life's work of the late Ross Ward.
Chimayo, New Mexico
Miraculous Catholic shrine in New Mexico. Many attest to the spiritual and physical curative powers of the sacred dirt, so don't take our "attitude" to heart...
Queen, New Mexico
One of the most obscure, remote monuments in America, marking the spot where "the flying paper boy of the Guadalupes" crashed.
Albuquerque - Finding the exact center of a city an unevenly shaped blob can be a headache. But in late 2010 Cliff Wilkie, a geodetic surveyor, took on the challenge of finding the exact center of his home city. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of New Mexico attractions.
- Alamogordo: Grave of Ham, astrochimp
- Alamogordo: New Mexico Museum of Space History
- Alamogordo: World's Largest Pistachio Nut
- Albuquerque: National Museum of Nuclear Science and History
- Albuquerque: World's Longest Aerial Tramway
- Capitan: Smokey Bear's Grave
- Chimayo: Lourdes of America
- City of Rocks State Park: Toilet Seat Rock [tips]
- Deming: Creepy Bataan Death March Monument [tips]
- Four Corners: Where Four States Meet
- Ft. Sumner: Billy the Kid's Graves
- Hatch: Teako's Giants of Hatch
- Las Cruces: Recycled Roadrunner [tips]
- Las Cruces: Bataan Death March Statue and Walkway
- Organ: Space Murals Museum
- Queen: Flying Paperboy of the Guadalupes monument
- Quemado: Lightning Field [tips]
- Roswell: Area 51 Museum, Alien Zone
- Roswell: Roswell Alien Attraction Autopsy
- Roswell: Spacewalk at Roswell Space Center
- Roswell: UFO Museum
- Sandia Park: Ross Ward's Tinkertown
- Santa Fe: Mysterious Staircase [tips]
- Santa Fe: Burning of Zozobra [tips]
- Santa Fe: Life-size Brontosaurus Family [tips]
- Socorro: The Very Large Array
- Springer: New Mexico's Only Electric Chair
- Springer: Santa Fe Trail Museum - claimed shoe of world's largest man
- Tucumcari: Irrigation pipe cactus [tips]
- Tucumcari: Route 66 Monument
- Tucumcari: Blue Swallow Motel [tips]
- White's City: Carlsbad Caverns
- White Sands: Nike Missile Rest Stop
- White Sands: White Sands Rocket Garden and Museum