Find New York travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Troy, New York
Patriot, icon, and a real guy, some meatpacker from Troy.
New York City, New York
Busts of the celebrated and the obscure loiter along a Bronx walkway.
Lake George, New York
With more torture tableaus than you can shake a stick studded with impaled heads at.
Cobleskill, New York
A favorite underground attraction, the Secret Caverns Experience starts miles from the cave, when travelers encounter the first of its garish, psychedelic billboards.
Ossining, New York
Museum with artifacts from the notorious New York prison that's right down the street.
Cooperstown, New York
An exhibit of a local 19th century flim-flam -- a biblical "giant" that became "America's Greatest Hoax."
East Aurora - The Upstate New York village of East Aurora is well on its way to becoming an epicenter of eccentric signage. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of New York attractions.
- Albany: Nipper the RCA Dog [tips]
- Auriesville: Shrine of the North American Martyrs
- Ausable Chasm: Grand Canyon of the East
- Bayport: Cement Sphinx [tips]
- Binghamton: Blossom the Bull
- Brooklyn: Broken Angel House
- Buffalo: Surapa, Painting Elephant
- Cherry Valley: The TePee
- Chittenango: All Things Oz Museum [tips]
- Cobleskill: Secret Caverns
- Coney Island: Sideshows by the Seashore
- Coney Island: Topsy the Elephant
- Cooperstown: The Cardiff Giant, Farmers Museum
- Flanders: The Big Duck
- Flushing Meadows: World's Fair Unisphere | Rockets | Supersonic Jet | '39 Bomb | Time Capsules
- Hartsdale: Joachim War Dog
- Jamestown: Lucy - Desi Museum
- Lake George: House of Frankenstein Wax Museum
- Lake George: Magic Forest and Rex the Diving Horse
- Lake George: Where Muffler Men Lurk
- LeRoy: Jell-o Museum [tips]
- Lilydale: Town of Spiritualists [tips]
- Liverpool: The Salt Museum
- Middleville: Herkimer Diamond Mines
- Mt. Tremper: World's Largest Kaleidoscope
- New York City: Balto the Wonder Dog
- New York City - Bronx: Hall of Fame for Great Americans
- New York City: Mexican War Hero Buried Here
- New York City: Misleading Movie Plaque
- New York City: Mother Cabrini [tips]
- New York City: Politician Killed by a Blizzard
- New York City: Ralph Kramden Statue
- New York City: Wall St. Bull [tips]
- Niagara Falls: U.S.A. vs. Canada
- North Pole: Santa's Workshop
- Old Forge: Paul Bunyan Statue [tips]
- Oneida: World's Smallest Church
- Ossining: Sing Sing Prison Museum
- Phelps: 2-story Outhouse [tips]
- Prattsville: Pratt Rock
- Richfield Springs: Petrified Creatures [tips]
- Saugerties: Opus 40 [tips]
- Schoharie: Glass Tombstone, Queen Victoria's Friction Tube
- Somers: Old Bet the Elephant
- Stony Point: Marian Shrine - Rosary Madonna
- Troy: Hometown of Uncle Sam
- Wantagh: Grave of Checkers, Nixon's dog
- Watertown: Big Crow statues [tips]
- Watervliet: Birthplace of the Atomic Cannon [tips]