Find Ohio travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
The coolest jets, the biggest bombs, Ham the Astrochimp's underwear, and the leather bomber jacket of Jackie Coogan (TV's Uncle Fester).
Dan Brown filled an old school with his obsessive Lego collection and creations.
In the basement of a local museum is the head of the ultimate freak bull, Andy D-Day, and his sidekick the 2-headed calf.
Tod Swormstedt, sign expert, displays hundreds of examples of everything from delicate gold-painted glass to humongous neon.
Exterior set for the holiday movie is a fan pilgrim site and museum.
Museum of Ernest Warther's impossibly perfect locomotive carvings and wife Frieda's collection of 70,000+ buttons.
Makeup artist Lou McClung turned an old church into a sanctuary for unwanted Catholic sculptures.
Animated taxidermy and Public Enemy #1 in a unique county museum.
Harry Andrews was a bachelor and recluse who spent over 50 years building a medieval-style castle in Ohio for his "boy knights."
It's like walking through a wax Bible -- populated by Hollywood stars in disguise.
Elektro, the barrel-chested "Moto-Man," was the star of the 1939 New York World's Fair, and now a prized exhibit in the Mansfield Memorial Museum.
Old prison reborn as location for Hollywood movies and public ghost adventures.
"Big Muskie," the world's largest earth moving machine, was dismantled in 1999. But you can still visit Big Muskie's humongous bucket!
Currently for sale -- and a smart company will buy it. No matter how menial your tasks or incompetent your management, work won't seem that bad inside a seven-story-tall basket.
A 50-foot-tall Our Lady of Guadalupe is especially impressive because she stands out in a rural farm field.
A cheater car won the national Soap Box Derby, until it was disqualified. One of hundreds displayed at the Soap Box Derby Hall of Fame and Museum.
The world's oldest traffic light -- which still works, and which looks like a streamlined silver football -- is on display in the town museum.
An American military zeppelin, not as well-known but just as accident-prone as the Hindenburg, crashed in eastern Ohio in 1925.
Third in presidential tomb size only behind those of Grant and Lincoln. It took six years to build, and was designed to resemble a giant sword from space.
Animatronic robots of President William and First Lady Ida McKinley exchange banter as visitors tour a gallery that displays the President's secret step-up stool and a replica of the gun that killed him.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Ohio attractions.
- Akron: World's Most Infamous Soap Box Derby Car
- Alliance: The Troll Hole: Worlds Largest Troll Collection [tips]
- Ashville: World's Oldest Traffic Light
- Austinburg: Large Rocking Chair [tips]
- Ava: Shenandoah Airship Disaster
- Bellaire: Toy and Plastic Brick Museum
- Bowling Green: National Construction Equipment Museum [tips]
- Brookville: Andy D-Day and the 2-Headed Calf
- Bucyrus: Liberty Remembers - 3D Mural [tips]
- Cadiz: Boss Bison Ranch [tips]
- Canton: Tomb of President McKinley
- Canton: Robot Mr. and Mrs. McKinley
- Carlisle: Futuro - Mating Flying Saucer House [tips]
- Cincinnati: Martha - Passenger Pigeon Memorial Hut
- Cincinnati: American Sign Museum
- Cincinnati: Cincinnati Police Museum
- Cincinnati: Charlie Phelps Taft, Robot Son Of President Taft [tips]
- Cincinnati: Mushroom - Beehive House [tips]
- Cincinnati: SpongeBob SquarePants Tombstones [tips]
- Cincinnati: Triceracopter
- Cleveland: The Politician - A Toy
- Cleveland: World's Largest Rubber Stamp
- Cleveland: House From A Christmas Story
- Cleveland: Cleveland Police Museum [tips]
- Cleveland: President James Garfield Castle, Other Graves [tips]
- Cleveland: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum [tips]
- Cleveland: Smoky - World War II Hero Dog Monument
- Cleveland: History of Contraception Collection [tips]
- Clifton: Gorge of Lights, Busy Santa [tips]
- Columbus: Topiary French People
- Columbus: Spinal Column Carved From Tree [tips]
- Columbus: Statue of Arnold Schwarzenegger [tips]
- Columbus: Statue of the Flying Housewife [tips]
- Cuyahoga Falls: Doodlebug Train Horror Monument [tips]
- Dayton: Kennedy's Eternal Flame
- Defiance: Tower of VW Bugs [tips]
- Delaware: Olentangy Indian Caverns [tips]
- Dover: Warther Carvings Museum and Button Collection
- Dover: Replica Head of Confederate Raider Quantrill
- Dover: Auman Museum of Radio and TV
- Dover: Famous Endings [tips]
- Dresden: House-Sized Wicker Basket [tips]
- Dublin: Field of Giant Corn Cobs
- Dublin: Chief Leatherlips Monument
- Dublin: Giant Dancing Rabbits [tips]
- Dublin: Dave Thomas Statue, Wendy's Memorabilia [tips]
- East Liverpool: Death Mask Of Pretty Boy Floyd
- Elmore: Tombstone Derby [tips]
- Fairfield: Jungle Jim's International Market
- Findlay: Bathtub of the USS Maine
- Frazeysburg: World's Largest Apple Basket [tips]
- Geneva-on-the-Lake: Oldest Miniature Golf Course in the U.S. [tips]
- Hamilton: Hollow Earth Monument
- Hamilton: Statue of George W. Bush: No Child Left Behind
- Hamilton: Terrifying Blue Baby [tips]
- Hilliard: Early Television Museum [tips]
- Hillsboro: World's Largest Horseshoe Crab
- Hinckley: Worden's Ledges [tips]
- Jackson Center: Airstream Factory Tours [tips]
- Kent: Site of the Kent State Massacre
- Lakewood: Museum of Divine Statues
- Lima: Noah's Ark, Dillinger's Jail Cell, Things Swallowed
- Logan: Pencil Sharpener Museum [tips]
- Loveland: Chateau Laroche, Loveland Castle
- Mansfield: Biblewalk and Living Bible Museum
- Mansfield: Elektro, Robot of Mansfield
- Mansfield: Mansfield Reformatory
- Marblehead: Handless Jacques [tips]
- Maria Stein: Shrine of the Holy Relics
- Marietta: Marietta Soda Museum [tips]
- Marion: Roadside Grave Of A Man Killed By A Tree
- Marion: Napoleon's Horse: World's Longest Mane
- McConnelsville: Big Muskie's Bucket
- Medina: Biggest Year-Round Christmas Museum in the U.S. [tips]
- Mesopotamia: Largest Amish Horse and Buggy [tips]
- Millersburg: History of Cheesemaking Mural
- Monroe: Cowboy Muffler Man [tips]
- Mount Vernon: Factory Ruins and Sculpture Park [tips]
- New Richmond: Cardboard Boat Museum, Race
- Newark: World's Largest Basket
- Niles: McKinley Memorial: Statue and Museum
- North Canton: Vacuum Cleaner Museum [tips]
- Oakwood Village: Big Friend - Waving Giant
- Put-in-Bay: Perry's Cave, War of 1812 Mini-Golf
- Put-in-Bay: Stand Inside World's Largest Geode
- Put-In-Bay: World's Most Massive Doric Column [tips]
- Ragersville: Skeleton of Jeff Davis in Hangtown
- Springfield: Hartman's Rock Garden
- Steubenville: Majestic Dean Martin Mural [tips]
- Sugarcreek: World's Largest Cuckoo Clock
- Sunbury: Giant, Strange Ronald McDonald [tips]
- Toledo: Hot Dog Bun Museum [tips]
- Wapakoneta: Armstrong Air and Space Museum
- Wapakoneta: The Temple of Tolerance
- Warren: Neil Armstrong's First Flight
- Warren: David Grohl Alley, World's Largest Drumsticks
- Warren: Giant Chair of 9/11
- West Union: William Lafferty Memorial Funeral and Carriage Collection [tips]
- Williamsfield: One and Only Presidential Museum
- Windsor: World's Tallest Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Wright Patterson AFB: National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Youngstown: Rose Melnick Medical Museum [tips]
- Zanesville: Cottrill's Sidewalk of Sculptures [tips]
- Zanesville: Pile of War Dead Helmets [tips]