Find Ohio travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Cheater car that won the 1973 national Soap Box Derby -- until it was disqualified -- is one of hundreds displayed at the Soap Box Derby Hall of Fame and Museum.
An ordinary house on an ordinary street, but its extensive yards have been transformed by its owner into the Temple of Tolerance.
Playful brainchild of store owner Jim Bonaminio, the elaborate, animated displays distract children long enough for parents to complete shopping.
Moon base-looking, and devoted to NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong's role in manned spaceflight.
Larry Auman's collection of every model of television, from its birth through the 1950s.
Exterior set for the holiday movie is a fan pilgrim site and museum.
Old prison reborn as location for Hollywood movies and public ghost adventures.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Grisly evidence and other murderabilia at the Wood County Historical Museum.
Dan Brown filled an old school with his obsessive Lego collection and creations.
How the World of Tomorrow ended up in the town museum.
Makeup artist Lou McClung turned an old church into a sanctuary for unwanted Catholic sculptures.
New Richmond, Ohio
Winners and weirdos of cardboard boat races are exhibited in an old gas station.
After his 1873 vigilante hanging, incorrigible Jeff Davis continued to hang around.
Sure, Crabby disproves Evolution -- but he's also a great meeting room.
It's like walking through a wax Bible -- populated by Hollywood stars in disguise.
Animated taxidermy and Public Enemy #1 in a unique county museum.
Sugarcreek - It was axiomatic that the battle for the World's Largest Cuckoo Clock would get a little bonkers. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Ohio attractions.
- Akron: World's Most Infamous Soap Box Derby Car
- Ashville: World's Oldest Traffic Light
- Ava: Airship Disaster Memorials
- Avon: Duct Tape Capital of the World
- Bellaire: Toy and Plastic Brick Museum
- Bellefontaine: Oldest Concrete Street in America, Shortest Street
- Berlin: History of Cheesemaking Mural
- Berlin: World's Largest Amish Buggy
- Blanchester: World's Largest Christian Crab
- Bowling Green: Human Fingers in a Jar
- Brookville: Andy D-Day, 2-Headed Bull
- Caldwell: First Oil Well Monument
- Cincinnati: American Sign Museum
- Cincinnati: Cincinnati Police Museum, Handsome, Stuffed Hero Police Dog
- Cincinnati: Passenger Pigeon Memorial
- Circleville: Pumpkin Water Tower, Festival [tips]
- Cleveland: The Politician: A Toy
- Cleveland: A Christmas Story House
- Cleveland: World's Largest Rubber Stamp
- Columbus: Topiary Painting
- Cuyahoga Falls: Earnest Angley's Cathedral Buffet and Life of Christ Display
- Dayton: National Museum of the US Air Force
- Dover: Auman Museum of Radio and TV
- Dover: Confederate Raider Quantrill's Head
- Dover: Warther Carvings and Buttons
- Dresden: House-sized Picnic Basket [tips], Apple Basket [tips]
- Dublin: Big Ears of Corn
- East Liverpool: Death Mask of Pretty Boy Floyd
- Fairfield: Jungle Jim's International Market
- Findlay: Bathtub from the USS Maine
- Hamilton: Monument to Hollow Earth Theorist
- Kent: Home-Made Star Wars X-Wing Fighter
- Lakewood: Museum of Divine Statues
- Lima: Noah's Ark, Dillinger's Jail Cell, Things Swallowed
- Logan: World's Largest Washboard
- Loveland: Chateau La Roche Castle
- Mansfield: Elektro, Robot of Mansfield
- Mansfield: Living Bible Museum
- Mansfield: Mansfield Reformatory
- Marblehead: Handless Jacques [tips]
- Maria Stein: Shrine of the Holy Relics
- Marion: Grave of Man Killed by Tree
- Marion: Napoleon's Horse, Popcorn Museum
- New Richmond: Cardboard Boat Museum, Race
- Newark: World's Largest Basket-shaped Building
- North Canton: Vacuum Cleaner Museum [tips]
- Port Clinton: Walleye Capital of the World
- Ragersville: Skeleton of Jeff Davis in Hangtown
- Reinersville: Big Muskie's Bucket
- Sandusky: Boy and the Boot
- Springfield: Hartman's Rock Garden
- Steubenville: Steelworker statue
- Utopia: Town of Utopia
- Wapakoneta: Armstrong Air and Space Museum
- Wapakoneta: The Temple of Tolerance
- Williamsfield: One and Only Presidential Museum
- Windsor: World's Largest Mary
- Zanesville:Y Bridge [tips]