Find Oklahoma travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Custom fiberglass cowboy Muffler Man, manufactured at Bell Plastics in California, was erected at Old West-themed mini-golf in early 2017.
World's largest privately owned gun collection; if laid end-to-end the firearms would stretch over a mile. See the guns of Bonnie and Clyde and Pretty Boy Floyd. Bonus: execution nooses!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hundreds of animal (and human) skulls and skeletons, including over a half-dozen mutant calves. It's all bones!
Optimus Prime and Bumblebee stand in front of a body shop's two locations. Built in Thailand, customized and upgraded in Oklahoma.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
40,000 square feet of exotic vehicles, almost all of them built by Darryl Starbird, who lives next door.
Postcard darling of Route 66, the happy Blue Whale has fared better than its neighbor, the dour Noah's Ark.
A folk art environment including a giant totem pole, sculpted out of concrete by Ed Galloway (1880-1962).
Bowling Ball Man Chris Barbee has filled his yard with art made from old bowling balls. There's an American flag, a pyramid, a bowling-ball-size billiard table, and more.
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
Thousands of moveable-joint heroes and villains on display, many from the personal collection of the curator.
A monument to a unique bond of friendship between Ellsworth Walters and Osage Indian Chief Baconrind.
One of the tallest statues in America, the Golden Driller has survived tornadoes and turbulent oil markets.
Home-built mini-replicas of Route 66 attractions at John Hargrove's attraction along Route 66.
Cow chips (dried cow dung) are the Frisbees of the prairie. Flinging them has flung this small town to national fame.
Special sections of this cemetery are set aside for circus performers and professional bull riders.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Sprawling, somber, and stirring memorial to victims of a homegrown terrorist attack. The Field of Empty Chairs account for each 1995 bombing victim.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Three bronze beauties on pedestals honor Oklahoma City University's Miss America winners. Bonus: the Hall of Queens.
One of America's few consistent mystery lights, glowing since at least the 1880s at the border of Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma.
If you can't make it to Four Corners (the only place where four states meet), this is nearly as good. Stand on a plaque in three states at one time.
Spiritual Tower of Power for evangelist Oral Roberts -- closer to God, architecturally, anyway.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Oklahoma
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Oklahoma attractions.
- Afton: Bubble Top Cars of the Future
- Aline: Paul Bunyan Muffler Man [tips]
- Arcadia: OK County 66
- Ardmore: Cloverleaf: Quirky Store [tips]
- Barnsdall: World's Only Main Street Oil Well [tips]
- Beaver: Cow Chip Throwing Capital of the World
- Big Cabin: Giant Indian Chief - Standing Brave [tips]
- Boise City: Replica Bomb Crater
- Boise City: Life-Size Metal Dinosaur [tips]
- Calumet: Cherokee Trading Post [tips]
- Calumet: Indian Muffler Man [tips]
- Catoosa: Blue Whale
- Claremore: Will Rogers Pocket Contents of Death [tips]
- Claremore: J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum
- Clinton: Oklahoma Route 66 Museum
- Commerce: Hole in the Wall Conoco Station [tips]
- Copeland: Muffler Man [tips]
- Dewey: Tom Mix Museum: Suitcase of Death
- Fort Sill: U.S. Army Field Artillery Museum - Mule Gun [tips]
- Foyil: Ed Galloway's World's Largest Concrete Totem Pole
- Gene Autry: Gene Autry Oklahoma Museum [tips]
- Goodwell: Two-Headed Calf
- Guthrie: Guthrie Gunfighters - Free Gunfights [tips]
- Hochatown: Jeb, Old West Mini-Golf Muffler Man
- Hugo: Showman's Rest and Bull Rider's Reprieve
- Jet: Great Salt Plains [tips]
- McAlester: Prison Rodeo Bull Rider [tips]
- Miami: World's Largest Collection of Evel Knievel Relics [tips]
- Miami: Marathon Oil Company Service Station [tips]
- Muskogee: World War II Sub - U.S.S. Batfish
- Muskogee: Statue of First Girl Scout Cookie Sale
- Muskogee: The Castle of Muskogee [tips]
- Nowata: Chris Barbee's Bowling Ball Yard
- Okemah: Expired Parking Meter Tombstone [tips]
- Oklahoma City: 45th Infantry Division Museum - Hitler's Mirror [tips]
- Oklahoma City: Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial
- Oklahoma City: Miss America University
- Oklahoma City: Museum of Osteology
- Oktaha: Junkyard Muffler Man [tips]
- Pauls Valley: Toy and Action Figure Museum
- Ponca City: Marland Mansion - Oil Museum, Sculptor Museum [tips]
- Quapaw: Tri-State Spook Light aka Hornet Spook Light
- Quapaw: Stand on Three States: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma
- Roosevelt: Howdy Tire Man [tips]
- Skedee: Friendship With Chief Baconrind
- Stillwater: Full-Size Transformer: Optimus Prime
- Stillwater: Full-Size Transformer: Bumblebee
- Tulsa: Golden Driller: Titanic Oil Man
- Tulsa: Oral Roberts Prayer Tower
- Tulsa: World's Largest Praying Hands
- Tulsa: Sonic Center of the Universe [tips]
- Tulsa: East Meets West: Father of Route 66
- Vinita: Bart Simpson Tree [tips]
- Wakita: Twister (The Movie) Museum
- Weatherford: Stafford Air and Space Museum
- Winganon: Cement Mixer Space Capsule [tips]
- Woodward: Kid Rides Creationist Dinosaur [tips]
- Wynnewood: Muffler Man - Cowboy [tips]