Find Oklahoma travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
One of the tallest statues in America, the Golden Driller has survived tornadoes and turbulent oil markets.
Postcard darling of Route 66, the Blue Whale has fared better than its neighbor, Noah's Ark.
Spiritual Tower of Power for evangelist Oral Roberts -- closer to God, architecturally, anyway.
Ten titanic Christian digits reach heavenward at the entrance to Oral Roberts University.
A Route 66 attraction about Route 66 -- but we didn't mind.
Cow chips, the dried remains of cow dung, are the Frisbees of the prairie. Flinging them has flung this small town to national fame.
Tulsa - The line dividing east from west may seem more philosophical than geographical. But that didn't stop Tulsa, Oklahoma, from spending six years and $1.2 million to claim it. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Oklahoma attractions.
- Beaver: Cow Chip Throwing Capital of the World
- Big Cabin: Giant Indian Chief [tips]
- Boise City: Replica Bomb Crater
- Boise City: Steel Dinosaur [tips]
- Catoosa: The Blue Whale
- Claremore: Will Rogers Pocket Contents of Death [tips]
- Dewey: Tom Mix Suitcase of Death
- Durant: World's "Largest" Peanut [tips]
- Foyil: Route 66 Transcontinental Footrace
- Foyil: World's Largest Totem Pole
- Guthrie: Grave of Elmer McCurdy the Sideshow Mummy
- Heavener: Heavener Runestone
- Hooker: Home of the Horny Toads
- Hugo: Circus Graves
- Mangum: 3rd Oldest Working Lightbulb
- Muskogee: Landlocked submarine [tips]
- Norman: James Garner Statue
- Nowata: Bowling Ball Fence [tips]
- Okemah: Water Towers - Hot, Cold, Woody Guthrie
- Okemah: Woody Guthrie Statue
- Oklahoma City: Bombing Memorial [tips]
- Oklahoma City: Mounted Fire Horses [tips]
- Pawnee: Pawnee Bill Museum
- Sand Springs: Parking Lot Indian Burial Ground
- Skedee: Friendship with Chief Baconrind
- Tulsa: Big Oil Man statue (AKA The Golden Driller)
- Tulsa: Praying Hands
- Tulsa: Sonic Center of the Universe [tips]
- Vinita: World's "Largest McDonald's
- Wakita: Twister Museum [tips]