Find Oklahoma travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
See the battered "Dorothy I" from the movie and other cinematic debris. Small, but a favorite stop for storm chasers and fans of the 1996 film.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
Postcard darling of Route 66, the happy Blue Whale has fared better than its neighbor, the dour Noah's Ark.
A folk art environment including a giant totem pole, sculpted out of concrete by Ed Galloway (1880-1962).
Bowling Ball Man Chris Barbee has filled his yard with art made from old bowling balls. There's an American flag, a pyramid, a bowling-ball-size billiard table, and more.
A monument to a unique bond of friendship between Ellsworth Walters and Osage Indian Chief Baconrind.
One of the tallest statues in America, the Golden Driller has survived tornadoes and turbulent oil markets.
40,000 square feet of exotic vehicles, almost all of them built by Darryl Starbird, who lives next door.
Home-built mini-replicas of Route 66 attractions at John Hargrove's attraction along Route 66.
Cow chips (dried cow dung) are the Frisbees of the prairie. Flinging them has flung this small town to national fame.
Special sections of this cemetery are set aside for circus performers and professional bull riders.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Sprawling, somber, and stirring memorial to victims of a homegrown terrorist attack. The Field of Empty Chairs account for each 1995 bombing victim.
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
Thousands of moveable-joint heroes and villains on display, many from the personal collection of the curator.
One of America's few consistent mystery lights, glowing since at least the 1880s at the border of Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma.
If you can't make it to Four Corners (the only place where four states meet), this is nearly as good. Stand on a plaque in three states at one time.
Spiritual Tower of Power for evangelist Oral Roberts -- closer to God, architecturally, anyway.
Ten titanic Christian digits reach heavenward at the entrance to Oral Roberts University.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Oklahoma
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Oklahoma attractions.
- Afton: Bubble-Top Cars of the Future
- Aline: Paul Bunyan Muffler Man [tips]
- Arcadia: OK County 66
- Ardmore: Cloverleaf: Quirky Store [tips]
- Barnsdall: World's Only Main Street Oil Well [tips]
- Beaver: Cow Chip Throwing Capital of the World
- Big Cabin: Giant Indian Chief - Standing Brave [tips]
- Boise City: Replica Bomb Crater
- Boise City: Life-Size Metal Dinosaur [tips]
- Calumet: Cherokee Trading Post [tips]
- Calumet: Indian Muffler Man [tips]
- Catoosa: Blue Whale
- Claremore: Will Rogers Pocket Contents of Death [tips]
- Claremore: J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum [tips]
- Clinton: Oklahoma Route 66 Museum
- Commerce: Hole in the Wall Conoco Station [tips]
- Dewey: Tom Mix Museum - Suitcase of Death
- Fort Sill: U.S. Army Field Artillery Museum - Mule Gun [tips]
- Foyil: Ed Galloway's World's Largest Concrete Totem Pole
- Gene Autry: Gene Autry Oklahoma Museum [tips]
- Goodwell: Two-Headed Calf
- Guthrie: Guthrie Gunfighters - Free Gunfights [tips]
- Hugo: Showman's Rest and Bull Rider's Reprieve
- Jet: Great Salt Plains [tips]
- McAlester: Prison Rodeo Bull Rider [tips]
- Miami: World's Largest Collection of Evel Knievel Relics [tips]
- Miami: Marathon Oil Company Service Station [tips]
- Muskogee: World War II Sub - U.S.S. Batfish
- Muskogee: Statue of First Girl Scout Cookie Sale
- Muskogee: The Castle of Muskogee [tips]
- Nowata: Chris Barbee's Bowling Ball Yard
- Okemah: Expired Parking Meter Tombstone [tips]
- Oklahoma City: 45th Infantry Division Museum - Hitler's Mirror [tips]
- Oklahoma City: Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial
- Oklahoma City: Miss America Statues [tips]
- Oklahoma City: Museum of Osteology [tips]
- Oktaha: Junkyard Muffler Man [tips]
- Pauls Valley: Toy and Action Figure Museum
- Ponca City: Marland Mansion - Oil Museum, Sculptor Museum [tips]
- Quapaw: Tri-State Spook Light aka Hornet Spook Light
- Quapaw: Stand on Three States: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma
- Roosevelt: Howdy Tire Man [tips]
- Skedee: Friendship With Chief Baconrind
- Stillwater: Full-Size Transformer: Optimus Prime [tips]
- Stillwater: Full-Size Transformer: Bumblebee [tips]
- Tulsa: Golden Driller: Titanic Oil Man
- Tulsa: Oral Roberts Prayer Tower
- Tulsa: World's Largest Praying Hands
- Tulsa: Sonic Center of the Universe [tips]
- Vinita: Bart Simpson Tree [tips]
- Wakita: Twister (The Movie) Museum
- Weatherford: Stafford Air and Space Museum
- Winganon: Cement Mixer Space Capsule [tips]
- Woodward: Kid Rides Creationist Dinosaur [tips]
- Wynnewood: Muffler Man - Cowboy [tips]