Find Oregon travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
St. Benedict, Oregon
The Mount Angel Abbey Museum exhibits, among its religious items, an 8-legged stuffed calf and other farm oddities.
Frank Kidd's 10,000-plus collection of banks and toys that date to the mid-1800s. Not for the easily-offended.
Bobbie wanted to come to Silverton so bad that he walked 2,500 miles to get there.
For over a dozen years Bruce Campbell has been slowly transforming a jet airliner, dragged to a wooded hilltop, into a home for himself.
Canyon City, Oregon
Among its many exhibits are three two-headed calves and the skulls of the first two men hanged in Grant County.
Howard Hughes's wooden plane is so big, a special hanger had to be built to shelter it.
Vacuum cleaner technology has changed little in 80 years, as this collection of sucking workhorses proves.
Port Orford, Oregon
A genuine rain forest shelters a collection of primordial creatures.
Grant's Pass, Oregon
Symbol of the Caveman's Club, this brutish statue guards Grants Pass.
The late Mr. Petersen paid homage to his new adopted country -- America -- with feverish folk constructions of stone and glass.
Gold Hill, Oregon
America's premier "mystery spot" has been open to the public since 1930. What causes its mysterious goings-on? No one knows.
Lincoln City - Lincoln City, Oregon, wanted a sculpture for its park on Devils Lake, something fun for a place popular with children. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Oregon attractions.
- Aloha: Harvey the Rabbit
- Antelope: Good Riddance Rajneesh
- Boring: Town of Boring
- Brookings: Japanese Bombed Here [tips]
- Canyon City: Skulls, Freaks - Grant County Historical Museum
- Estacada: Safari Club - Animals Attack! [tips]
- Florence: Sea Lion Caves [tips]
- Gold Hill: Oregon Vortex [tips]
- Grants Pass: The Caveman
- Halfway - Half.com: Town Named for a Web Site
- Hillsboro: Jetliner Home in the Woods
- McMinnville: Alf's - Ice Cream, Burgers, and Monkey
- McMinnville: Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum - The Spruce Goose
- Medford: Black Crow [tips]
- Milwaukie: B-17 Bomber Gas Station [tips]
- Portland: Birthplace of U-Haul [tips]
- Portland: Bobbie the Wonder Dog [tips]
- Portland: Paul Bunyan Statue
- Portland: Chocolate Waterfall [tips]
- Portland: Giant in a Gym
- Portland: Hat Museum [tips]
- Portland: Jug-shaped Building
- Portland: Stark's Vacuum Museum
- Portland: Talking Transparent Woman [tips]
- Portland: World's Smallest Park [tips]
- Redmond: Petersen Rock Garden
- Saint Benedict: World's Largest Hairball, 8-Legged Calves
- Salem: Park with One Tree
- Silverton: Bobbie the Wonder Dog
- St. Benedict: World's Largest Pig Hairball: Mount Angel Abbey Museum
- Turner (or Salem): Enchanted Forest [tips]