Find Oregon travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Decades after his unsuccessful firebombing run, a WW2 Japanese pilot gifted his 400-year-old family Samurai sword to the target's nearest town.
Gold Beach, Oregon
In 1933, a hermit ambushed and killed a neighbor with a booby trap gun. The rifle barrel is displayed at a free museum of area history, wildlife and sportsmen milestones.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
Gold Hill, Oregon
The laws of physics routinely go haywire in what may be America's most mysterious Mystery Spot.
An old Texaco Big Friend with a rabbit head mod, an offshoot of the Muffler Men.
Canyon City, Oregon
Among its many exhibits are three two-headed calves and the skulls of the first two men hanged in Grant County.
For over a dozen years Bruce Campbell has been slowly transforming a jet airliner, dragged to a wooded hilltop, into a home for himself.
Howard Hughes's "Spruce Goose" is so big, a special hangar had to be built to shelter it.
Port Orford, Oregon
A genuine rain forest shelters a collection of 23 primordial creature statues spread along a trail. It's been here since 1955.
A wacky haven of antique wares for sale, folk art displays, and the Electric Kaleidoscope.
Grants Pass, Oregon
Symbol of the local Caveman's Club, this brutish statue guards Grants Pass.
Watch Elvis the pet monkey cavort behind glass as you wolf down your burger and shake.
Frank Kidd's 10,000-plus collection of banks and toys that date to the mid-1800s. Not for the easily-offended.
The late Mr. Petersen paid homage to his new adopted country (America) with feverish folk constructions of stone and glass. Sept. 2016: Property is closed. May be repaired and reopened in the future.
A world map fountain spritzes with geopolitical flare-ups -- and Fortress America is ready to call in a fire solution on the latest trouble spot. That's what we saw, anyway.
Bobbie wanted to come to Silverton so bad that he walked 2,500 miles to get there.
St. Benedict, Oregon
The Mount Angel Abbey Museum exhibits, among its religious items, an 8-legged stuffed calf and other farm oddities.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Oregon
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Oregon attractions.
- Aloha: Harvey The Giant Rabbit
- Bandon: Giant Green Space Alien [tips]
- Bend: The Fun Farm (formerly The Funny Farm)
- Bend: High Desert Museum [tips]
- Brownsville: Living Rock Studio Museum [tips]
- Burns: Large Ball of String [tips]
- Canyon City: Human Skulls, Freak Calves - Grant County Historical Museum
- Cascade Locks: Sacajawea as Graphic Novel Babe [tips]
- Cave Junction: Out 'N' About Tree House Resort [tips]
- Chiloquin: Train Mountain Miniature Railroad [tips]
- Christmas Valley: Crack in the Ground [tips]
- Crater Lake National Park: Crater Lake
- Crescent: The Mohawk: Stuffed Animals [tips]
- Gold Hill: Oregon Vortex
- Grants Pass: Grants Pass Caveman
- Grants Pass: Muffler Man - Paul Bunyan [tips]
- Hammond: Peter Iredale, the Tourist-Friendly Shipwreck [tips]
- Hillsboro: Jetliner Home in the Woods
- Kerby: Burl Gallery named It's A Burl [tips]
- Lincoln City: Dragon: Sparky the Wish Guardian [tips]
- Lincoln City: Anchor Inn - Photo Ops, Attacking Octopus [tips]
- McMinnville: Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum - The Spruce Goose
- McMinnville: Alf's - Ice Cream, Burgers, and Monkey
- Medford: Big Goofy Black Bird [tips]
- Myrtle Point: Muffler Man [tips]
- Newport: Yaquina Bay Monster Statue [tips]
- Newport: Wax Works [tips]
- Pendleton: Statue of Beloved Brothel Madam [tips]
- Port Orford: Prehistoric Gardens
- Portland: Paul Bunyan Statue [tips]
- Portland: Kidd's Toy Museum
- Portland: Rimsky-Korsacoffee House [tips]
- Portland: Freakybuttrue Peculiarium and Museum [tips]
- Portland: The Grotto: Catholic Cliff Shrines and Gardens [tips]
- Redmond: Petersen Rock Garden
- Salem: Enchanted Forest [tips]
- Salem: Freedom Isn't Free Memorial
- Salem: Cuckoo's Nest Mental Hospital Museum [tips]
- Salem: Oregon State Hospital Cremains Memorial [tips]
- Scappoose: Peace Candle of the World [tips]
- Silverton: Home of Bobbie the Wonder Dog
- St. Benedict: World's Largest Pig Hairball: Mount Angel Abbey Museum
- Tillamook: Air Museum - World's Largest Wooden Structure [tips]
- Winston: Noah's Ark Restaurant and Biblical Tabernacle [tips]