Find Pennsylvania travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Automated ride through a fake chocolate factory.
Largest museum in the world dedicated solely to the Civil War. Don't miss the bloody battlefield amputation diorama, and a chance to pepper touch screen Lincoln with questions.
Two multi-story buildings and an adjacent lot are the candy-colored playscape of resident artist Randy Gilson.
Artists Mr. Arm and Velda von Minx exhibit vintage taxidermy, antique medical devices, weaponry, coffins, sculptures and more.
Two robotoid metal steelworkers stand 20 feet tall and are made from over ten tons of scrap metal.
Crazy art installation -- a crashed Cold War plane crunched onto the pavement. The glow of magenta lights through windows reveals dozens of potted plants growing inside!
Government weapon, alien craft, or giant squirrel food?
Buried. Boiled. Reburied. Revolutionary War general's replica death blockhouse.
Also hundreds of bizarre, old artifacts -- such as a vampire-killing kit -- exhibited in a castle made of concrete.
Tour a massive old prison.
Where Edwin Drake sparked America's first oil boom -- in Pennsylvania?
Even if you miss Phil the Groundhog's prognostication, there are things to see in Punxsutawney. Like Phil.
Denny's Beer Barrel Pub enjoys making burgers bigger than your head, all the way up to the insane 123-pounder.
Pet a hissing cockroach and skeeve at a Model Infested Kitchen.
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Near its birthplace, McDonald's remembers their first megaburger with a museum and a statue.
Breathe in the warm, waxy scent of new crayons in this replica factory tour and crayon education center.
World class collection of medical oddities for your thoughtful perusal.
Swissvale - Trundle Manor in Swissvale, Pennsylvania, is the self-described art house/tourist trap and home of artists Mr. Arm and Velda. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Pennsylvania attractions.
- Allenwood: Clyde Peeling's Reptiland
- Altoona: Haunted Wedding Dress [tips]
- Altoona: Wall That Heals Replica [tips]
- Archbald: World's Largest Glacial Pothole [tips]
- Ashland: Anthracite Museum [tips]
- Ashland: Mother Monument
- Bedford: Coffee Pot-shaped building
- Bradford: Zippo/Case Visitors Center
- Centralia: Town Atop a Mine Fire
- Clearfield: World's Largest Burgers
- Coudersport: Ice Mine [tips]
- Doylestown: Fonthill, Concrete Castle Home
- Doylestown: Mercer Museum
- Easton: The Crayola Experience
- Eckley: Restored Miners' Village [tips]
- Erie: "Mad" Anthony Kettle of Death
- Erie: "Mad" Anthony Burial Blockhouse
- Frackville: Pioneer Woman
- Hamburg: Cabela's - High Temple of Taxidermy
- Harrisburg: National Civil War Museum
- Hellam: Shoe House
- Hellerton: Lost River Caverns [tips]
- Hershey: Chocolate World
- Hershey: Indian Echo Caverns
- Hopwood: Laurel Caverns
- Indiana: Jimmy Stewart statue
- Indiana: Jimmy Stewart Museum [tips]
- Intercourse: Most Stolen Town Sign
- Jim Thorpe: Jim Thorpe's Grave [tips]
- Jim Thorpe: The Old Jail [tips]
- Kecksburg: The Space Acorn
- Kutztown: Crystal Cave Park
- Lancaster: Big Amish Statues
- Ligonier: Storybook Forest [tips]
- Linesville: Where the Ducks Walk on The Fish
- Mars: Spaceship in Town Named Mars
- New Paris: Gravity Hill [tips]
- North Huntingdon: Big Mac Museum
- Orrtanna: Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum
- Pen Argyl: Jayne Mansfield's Grave
- Philadelphia: Eastern State Penitentiary
- Philadelphia: Grumman Greenhouse
- Philadelphia: Insectarium
- Philadelphia: Mummer's Museum
- Philadelphia: Museum of Mourning Art
- Philadelphia: Mutter Museum
- Philadelphia: Saint Displayed in a Glass Altar
- Philadelphia: Walk-Thru Heart, Franklin Institute
- Phoenixville: Blobfest [tips]
- Pithole: Vanished Oil Boom City
- Pittsburgh: 20-Foot-Tall Steelworkers of Iron
- Pittsburgh: 5,000 Religious Relics [tips]
- Pittsburgh: Randyland
- Pittsburgh: Stephen Foster's Lucky Toe
- Punxsutawney: Weather Capital of the World and Gobbler's Knob and Phil the Groundhog
- Reading: Anchor from USS Maine [tips]
- Reading: The Pagoda [tips]
- Schellsburg: Storyland, Pied Piper
- Scranton: Houdini Museum [tips]
- Somerset: Quecreek Miner Rescue Memorial [tips]
- Shartlesville: Roadside America
- Shippensburg: Giant Paint Can [tips]
- Shippensburg: Tiny World
- Strasburg: "Amos" the Big Amish Man [tips]
- Strasburg: Choo-Choo Barn [tips]
- Strasburg: Red Caboose Motel [tips]
- Swissvale: Trundle Manor - House of Oddities
- Titusville: Drake Well Museum
- Warminster: The Human Centrifuge
- West Chester: QVC Studio Tour
- York: Weightlifting Hall of Fame