Find South Carolina travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Blackville, South Carolina
The land's owner is listed as "God, Almighty" in local property records, so its water comes straight from Jehovah.
Columbia, South Carolina
At EdVenture, children crawl through the guts of a giant, ethnically blended boy.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Over fifty mini golf courses, featuring erupting volcanoes, cursed temples, and lots of colored water.
Mars Bluff, South Carolina
A colossal Air Force oops in 1958 left a non-nuclear crater, still visible today.
Bowman, South Carolina
Jody Pendarvis has spent years building a huge double-decker wooden flying saucer beside his trailer.
Bishopville, South Carolina
Dalton Stevens -- known as "The Button King" -- displays the cars and furnishings and clothes to which he's glued and sewed about a million.
Gaffney, South Carolina
This giant watersphere is shaped and painted to look like a peach -- but some still think that it looks like a big butt.
Dillon, South Carolina
The classic I-95 tourist trap and vacation theme world, just south of the North Carolina border.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of South Carolina
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of South Carolina attractions.
- Anderson: Statue of a Human Radio [tips]
- Atlantic Beach: Alligator Adventure [tips]
- Bowman: UFO Welcome Center
- Bishopville: Button King Museum
- Bishopville: Pearl's Topiary Garden [tips]
- Blackville: God's Acre Healing Springs
- Charleston: Macaulay Museum of Dental History [tips]
- Columbia: Busted Plug [tips]
- Columbia: Monument to the Founder of Gynecology [tips]
- Columbia: Strom Thurmond's Modified Monument [tips]
- Columbia: Tunnelvision [tips]
- Columbia: Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil [tips]
- Columbia: World's Biggest Kid - EdVenture
- Conway: Tiny Church
- Cottageville: Bee City: Town of Beehives [tips]
- Darlington: National Stock Car Hall of Fame [tips]
- Dillon: South of the Border
- Edisto Island: Serpentarium [tips]
- Florence: Atom Bomb Fragments
- Gaffney: Graveyard in the I-85 Median [tips]
- Gaffney: The Peachoid
- Garden City Beach: Spaceship House [tips]
- Hardeeville: Honey the Money Dog [tips]
- Mars Bluff: Atom Bomb Dropped Here
- Myrtle Beach: Miniature Golf Capital of the World
- Newberry: Egg Water Tower [tips]
- Ridgeway: World's Smallest Police Station [tips]
- Rock Hill: The Civitas -- Scandalous Statues [tips]
- Sheldon: Oyotunji African Village
- Walhalla: Abandoned Stumphouse Tunnel [tips]