Find Tennessee travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Costumes, gold records, and photos fill a museum inside the one-room schoolhouse little Tina attended.
Worst disaster in the history of Memphis. Nearly a hundred years later, the city erected an eerie memorial atop the mass grave.
Eight lifestyle statues pass through a rectangular maze symbolizing the journey through cancer recovery.
An unrepentant celebration of Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederacy -- not erected until October 4, 1964.
The Gipper's face floats within a rippling American flag on the outside wall of a Republican headquarters.
President Andrew Jackson was an unusual-looking man, but this sculpture goes out of its way to make appear as if he had been decapitated below the epaulets.
Top Rated Attractions
Forever home of Elvis, and still a mecca for his never-lessening legion of fans.
The "Walking Tall" sheriff died under mysterious circumstances. See his death car and all of his things.
Brain-boggling network of towering steel girders, which the artist claims tells the story of his life.
A rural living museum that surprises with devil burls, angel swirls, Apocalypse signage. 250,000 items.
Cavern of rock quartz and semiprecious stones, carved out of the hillside by one man in the late 1930s.
Looks like the Statue of Liberty, but can't be -- Lady Liberation is brandishing a giant Christian cross.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Sister tourist-towns sparkle like junk jewels on a necklace choking Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
The history of tow trucks, complete with many exhibits; a Wall of the Fallen honors those who died in the line of duty.
More shakers than you can shake a shaker at.
The Life of Christ has been resurrected as a waxy tourist attraction.
One of the world's largest Lincoln collections includes his Walking Stick of Death, and Lincoln depicted as Moses and as a sad clown.
Relics include Carl Perkins blue suede shoes and the defibrillator that failed to revive Elvis.
The tall, skinny, Native stands with a "Whatever, dude," expression.
Unveiled in 2006, this bronze monument shows Lee leaning out of his little boat to grab the hand of a businessman flailing in the water.
Restored Cotton Exchange features the big trading board, history exhibits, interactive cotton fun.
Ride a monorail to walk a fake river and explore the authentic history of Memphis.
Nicely acknowledged in action-pose bronze on a pedestal, but somehow less important than the adjacent Beale Street cauldron of blues.
A fiberglass statue of a Viking stands above the entrance to Hillcrest High School.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Atom Age museum embraces energy alternatives, zombie cam.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Bus tour of the former top-secret Oak Ridge reservation includes a stop at X-10, the world's oldest nuclear reactor.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Tennessee
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Tennessee attractions.
- Adams: Bell Witch Cave [tips]
- Adamsville: Home of Buford "Walking Tall" Pusser
- Alcoa: Millennium Manor [tips]
- Bluff City: Backyard Terrors and Dinosaur Park [tips]
- Brentwood: Nathan Bedford Forrest Statue [tips]
- Brownsville: Billy Tripp's Mindfield
- Caryville: Big Dragon Statue [tips]
- Chattanooga: International Towing and Recovery Museum
- Chattanooga: Muffler Man - NASCAR Pit Crew Member [tips]
- Chattanooga: Ruby Falls [tips]
- Chattanooga: Andrews Raiders Monument [tips]
- Clarksville: Atomic Mortar and Hitler's Bowl [tips]
- Clinton: Museum of Appalachia - Perpetual Motion Machine
- Cookeville: Pink Elephant [tips]
- Cross Plains: Pink Elephant with Martini Glass [tips]
- Cross Plains: Muffler Man - Indian [tips]
- Elkmont: Mysterious Synchronous Fireflies [tips]
- Elkton: Giant Chicken with Chef Hat [tips]
- Franklin: House with 1,000 Civil War Bullet Holes [tips]
- Franklin: Rusty Mechanism [tips]
- Gatlinburg: Museum of Salt and Pepper Shakers
- Gatlinburg: Fiji Merman [tips]
- Gatlinburg: Hollywood Star Cars Museum [tips]
- Gatlinburg: Christ in the Smokies Museum and Gardens
- Greenback: Junior Banks' Fortress of Faith [tips]
- Harrogate: Lincoln Museum on Rebel Ground
- Hurricane Mills: Loretta Lynn's Home and Museum [tips]
- Jackson: Rockabilly Hall of Fame: Elvis Defibrillator of Death
- Jackson: Rusty's TV and Movie Car Museum [tips]
- Johnson City: Most Powerful Musical Bi-Polar Tesla Coil [tips]
- Kingsport: Giant Skinny Indian
- Kingsport: Muffler Man Holding a Hamburger [tips]
- Lynchburg: Jack Daniel's Distillery Tour - Safe That Killed Daniel [tips]
- McMinnville: Cumberland Caverns, with a Chandelier [tips]
- Memphis: Crystal Shrine Grotto
- Memphis: Statue of Liberation Through Christ
- Memphis: Graceland
- Memphis: Tom Lee, Riverboat Disaster Hero
- Memphis: The Cotton Museum
- Memphis: Mud Island
- Memphis: Statue of Elvis
- Memphis: High School Viking Giant
- Memphis: Lorraine Motel [tips]
- Nashville: Replica Parthenon and Statue of Athena [tips]
- Nashville: Mosaic Dragon Sculpture [tips]
- Nashville: Country Music Museum: Gaudy Relics
- Nashville: Tour Home of Barbara Mandrell [tips]
- Oak Ridge: American Museum of Science & Energy
- Oak Ridge: X-10 Nuclear Reactor
- Paris: Eiffel Tower Replica
- Pigeon Forge: Pigeon Forge - Gatlinburg - A Mecca
- Pigeon Forge: Three Bears General Store - Live Bears
- Pigeon Forge: Elvis and Hollywood Legends Museum
- Pigeon Forge: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction [tips]
- Pigeon Forge: Hollywood Wax Museum [tips]
- Pigeon Forge: Hannah's Maze of Mirrors
- Pigeon Forge: Goats on the Roof [tips]
- Powell: Gas Station Shaped Like an Airplane [tips]
- Pulaski: Sam Davis Museum, Hanging Site
- Rogersville: Memory Lane - Private 1950s Town [tips]
- Sevierville: Forbidden Caverns [tips]
- Shady Valley: World's Shortest Highway Tunnel
- Signal Mountain: Flying Saucer House [tips]
- Sweetwater: The Lost Sea [tips]
- Tallassee: 21-Foot-Tall Dragon at "The Dragon" [tips]
- Townsend: Tuckaleechee Caverns [tips]
- Whitwell: Holocaust Box Car with 11 Million Paper Clips [tips]