Find Utah travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Albert and Gladys Christensen spent 12 years creating one by blasting into a sandstone cliff face. 14 rooms, 5,000 square feet, a classic Utah tourist attraction.
At one time "The Dog" was the world's largest St. Bernard, and its owner loved it so much that when it died he had its head mounted over a booth in the local saloon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Strange folk art park featuring a stone sphinx resembling Mormon Joseph Smith.
Salt Lake City, Utah
The pioneer inventor was born near Beaver, and is honored in the State Capitol.
Adorable pink cartoon dino named "Dinah" built in 1958 to advertise a motel. In 1999 she began a second career as a welcome sign for the town of Vernal.
Towering metal "tree" is the only vertical thing for hours along I-80's path through the white desert of the Bonneville Salt Flats.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Utah attractions.
- American Fork: Nursing Home Stonehenge [tips]
- Blanding: Feathered Dinosaur Museum
- Central: Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave [tips]
- Clawson: Museum of Creativity: Flying Saucer Folk Art [tips]
- Dewey: Longest Wooden Suspension Bridge in Utah - Burned! [tips]
- Dinosaur: Cliff of Dino Bones Inside a Building [tips]
- Green River: Melon Days, World's Largest Watermelon
- Hanksville: Hollow Mountain [tips]
- Helper: Big John: Coal Black Muffler Man [tips]
- Hill AFB: Hill Aerospace Museum [tips]
- Huntsville: Mounted Head of The Dog
- Hurricane: 100+ year-old Fruitcake, Senior Bacon [tips]
- Jensen: Ride the Dinosaur Photo Op [tips]
- La Sal Junction: Families in Cave Dwellings [tips]
- Logan: Grave of the Last Grizzly Bear in Utah
- Midway: The Homestead Crater [tips]
- Moab: Hole N' The Rock
- Monticello: Newspaper Rock [tips]
- Murray: Col. Sanders Statue - 1st Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchise [tips]
- Ogden: George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park [tips]
- Ogden: Former Root Beer Man with Chainsaw [tips]
- Ouray: Fantasy Canyon [tips]
- Promontory: Thiokol Rocket Garden [tips]
- Promontory: Spiral Jetty [tips]
- Provo: Climb to the Giant Letter Y [tips]
- Salt Lake City: Gilgal Garden
- Salt Lake City: Pyramid of Modern Mummification [tips]
- Salt Lake City: Statue of Philo Farnsworth, Father of TV
- Spanish Fork: Krishna's Lotus Temple [tips]
- Vernal: Dine-A-Ville Pink Dinosaur
- Vernal: Seasonally Decorated Dinosaur [tips]
- Wendover: Metaphor, the Tree of Utah