Find Utah travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Salt Lake City and Beaver, Utah
The pioneer inventor was born near Beaver, and is honored in the State Capitol.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Strange folk art park featuring a stone sphinx resembling Mormon Joseph Smith.
There are no trees for homebuilding in Southeastern Utah, so Albert and Gladys Christensen blasted theirs into a sandstone cliff face.
Towering metal "tree" is the only vertical thing for hours along I-80's path through the white desert of the Bonneville Salt Flats.
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Utah attractions.
- Cedar City: Old Sorrel Horse Monument
- Four Corners: Where Four States Meet
- Green River: World's Largest Watermelon
- Hanksville: Hollow Mountain gas station [tips]
- Huntsville: Head of World's Largest Dog
- Kanab: Frontier Movie Town
- Kanab: Moqui Cave
- Logan: Grave of Old Ephraim
- Moab: Hole N' The Rock
- Myton: Grave of Sidney, Saloon Dog
- Orderville: Joe's Rock Shop
- Ogden: G.S. Eccles Dinosaur Park [tips]
- Promontory Point: The Golden Spike Controversy
- Salina: Milk Shake Slave Man [tips]
- Salt Lake City: 2-headed lamb [tips]
- Salt Lake City: Gilgal Garden folk art
- Salt Lake City: Gravity Hill [Mystery Spots]
- Salt Lake City: Miraculous Virgin Mary in a Stump [tips]
- Salt Lake City: Statue of Philo Farnsworth, Father of TV
- Salt Lake City: Saltair - Doomed Resort [tips]
- Vernal: Dine-A-Ville Motel Dinosaur
- Wendover: Metaphor, The Tree of Utah