Find Vermont travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
One of America's oddest celebrities is Phineas P. Gage, who had a metal rod blown through his head and lived to get cranky about it.
Gracefully decaying collection of giant, German Expressionist puppets in an old barn..
Stone carvers of the "Granite Capital of the World" have left their mark on a local burial ground.
Pittsford - Rutland, Vermont
The secrets of New England's gooey gold revealed in mind-numbing detail!
Thetford - Brian Boland built his scrap lumber "Vermontasaurus" this past June, and imagined it as a way to bring his small town of Thetford, Vermont together. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Vermont attractions.
- Barre: Granite Monuments of Hope Cemetery
- Barre: Rock of Ages, World's Largest Granite Quarry [tips]
- Bristol: Lord's Prayer Rock
- Brookfield: Floating bridge [tips]
- Burlington: Ben & Jerry's First Store plaque
- Burlington: Champy Lake Monster Memorial [tips]
- Burlington: Whale's Tales [tips]
- Burlington: World's Tallest File Cabinet [tips]
- Cavendish: Phineas Gage Memorial
- Cuttingsville: Mourning Marble Man
- Glover: Bread and Puppet Museum
- Leicester (Brandon): Queen Connie - Gorilla holding VW [tips]
- Middlebury: Dog Catching Frisbee Memorial
- Middlebury: Sheldon Museum
- Pittsford: New England Maple Syrup Museum
- Rutland: Rutland County Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- St. Johnsbury: The Dog Chapel
- St. Johnsbury: Bug Art, Fairbanks Museum
- Shelburne: Shelburne Museum
- South Royalton: Joseph Smith Birthplace
- Wallingford: Boy with the Boot
- West Dover: Happy Bee
- Waterbury: Ben & Jerry's Flavor Graveyard and factory tour [tips]
- Williamstown: Knight's Spider Web Farm
- Woodbury: Drive under a barn [tips]