Find Vermont travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
Electra Havemeyer Webb's crazy collection of everything, includes an immense sidewheel ship dragged onto dry land.
Stone carvers of the "Granite Capital of the World" have left their mark on a local burial ground.
One of America's oddest celebrities is Phineas P. Gage, who had a metal rod blown through his head and lived to get cranky about it.
Gracefully decaying collection of giant, German Expressionist puppets in an old barn.
It's pretty hard to go wrong with a tour of an ice-cream factory. And pay your respects at the "Flavor Graveyard" out back.
John P. Bowman's extravagant 19th century mausoleum, eternally attended by himself as a marble mourning man.
A concrete King Kong that's traded-in Fay Wray for an old-style Volkswagen.
The secrets of New England's gooey gold -- revealed in mind-numbing detail!
St. Johnsbury, Vermont
The folks in the Fairbanks Museum aren't embarrassed that they have an oddball exhibit. They call it "bug art" -- which is in fact what it is -- with pride.
St. Johnsbury, Vermont
The late Stephen Huneck's artsy Dog Mountain includes a canine chapel where there is "No Dogma Allowed."
Will Knight harvests spider webs in his barn and uses them to make artsy souvenirs.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Vermont
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Vermont attractions.
- Barre: Granite Sculptures of Hope Cemetery
- Barre: Rock of Ages Granite Quarry: Tours [tips]
- Bennington: Lincoln with Dumb Hat and Nude Boy [tips]
- Bennington: World's Tallest Ladderback Chair
- Brattleboro: Sea Serpent [tips]
- Bristol: Lord's Prayer Rock
- Brookfield: Floating Bridge [tips]
- Burlington: Monument to a Lake Monster
- Burlington: World's Tallest File Cabinet [tips]
- Cavendish: Phineas Gage: A Rod Went Through His Skull
- Cuttingsville: Bowman Mausoleum's Mourning Man
- Glover: Bread and Puppet Museum - Creepy Giant Puppets
- Killington: Tree Full of Bras [tips]
- Leicester: Gorilla Holds Aloft A VW Beetle
- Manchester: Mountaintop Grave of Mr. Barbo [tips]
- Marlboro: Taxidermy Museum, Albino Critters [tips]
- Middlebury: Grave of the Mummy
- Middlebury: Frisbee Dog Memorial
- New Haven: Grave with a Window [tips]
- Pittsford: New England Maple Syrup Museum
- Post Mills: Vermontasaurus - Junk Dinosaur [tips]
- Rutland: Frozen GI - Rutland County Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Salisbury: Big Lady Squirrel [tips]
- Shelburne: Shelburne Museum: Landlocked Ship
- St. Johnsbury: Bug Art Of John Hampson
- St. Johnsbury: The Dog Chapel
- Waterbury: Ben & Jerry's Factory Tour and Flavor Graveyard
- West Rutland: Steam Locomotive Built of Junk [tips]
- Williamstown: Knight's Spider Web Farm