Find Washington travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
World's Largest Collection of Giant Shoes is presented in coin op sideshow style at the Pike Place Market.
Coulee Dam, Washington
Free nightly extravaganza employs laser tech and 1970s synth noodlings.
Colorful art yard across from the police station.
Granger is infested with prehistoric creatures and a volcanic Lava-tory.
A tile craftsman has transformed his backyard into an art garden of giant heads and figures.
Eclectic collection of the valuable and the ridiculous. Includes Jackie Gleason car and shrine, taxidermied hunting trophies, manic frog music machine built by Marvin.
Welcome to the Cathedral of Bomb, where boron balls and tons of river rock might stop a nuclear meltdown.
Souvenir shop packed to the rafters with animal freaks, oddities, and mummy love couple Sylvia and Sylvester.
Long Beach, Washington
This enduring beachfront gift shop/museum is the home of Jake the Alligator Man and Morris the Cat -- both stuffed. Jam packed full of oddities.
In wide awake Washington state, the coffee pot-shaped World Famous Bob's Java Jive is a required stop.
Tacoma - Gods are notoriously fickle, but so are their human constituencies. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Washington attractions.
- Bellingham: Lightning Cage: Spark Museum of Electrical Invention
- Carnation: Champion Milk Cow Statue
- Chehalis: Yardbird statues
- Colfax: Codger Pole
- Coulee Dam: Grand Coulee Dam Laser Light Show
- Electric City: Gehrke's Windmills [tips]
- Elk: The Robot Hut
- Ellensburg: Dick and Jane's Spot
- George: George, Washington
- Granger: Dinosaur Town with Volcano Toilets
- Hanford: Historic Nuclear B Reactor
- Kid Valley: Bigfoot and the Buried A-Frame
- La Conner: Memorial to "Dirty Biter" the Dog
- Littlerock: Mysterious Mima Mounds
- Long Beach: Marsh's Free Museum
- Long Beach: World's Largest Frying Pan
- Long Beach: World's Longest Drivable Beach
- Longview: Nutty Narrows Squirrel Bridge
- Maryhill: Sam Hill's Stonehenge
- Menlo - Raymond: The Pickled Pioneer
- Olympia: Metal Cows
- Richland: CREHST Museum - Atomic Marbles
- Roslyn: Northern Exposure Teevee Town
- Seattle: Archie McPhee Store
- Seattle: Edgewater Inn
- Seattle: Experience Music Project
- Seattle: Flower Shop Elephant
- Seattle: Fremont Troll
- Seattle: Giant Shoe Museum
- Seattle: Hat 'n' Boots
- Seattle: Lenin Statue
- Seattle: Waiting for the Interurban
- Seattle: Ye Olde Curiosity Shop
- Silverlake: Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument
- Snoqualmie, North Bend: Twin Peaks Waterfall, Twin Peaks Diner, Pies
- Snoqualmie: The Big Log
- Spokane: Garbage-Eating Goat Device [tips]
- Spokane: Marvin Carr's One of a Kind in the World Museum
- Tacoma: Backyard Mosaic Tile Giants
- Tacoma: Bob's Java Jive
- Tacoma: Shrine to Tacoma's Super-Salesman
- Vashon Island: Bicycle Eaten by Tree [tips]
- Walla Walla: Auto Parts Sculptures [tips]
- Walla Walla: Whitman Massacre
- Winlock: World's Largest Egg
- Zillah: Teapot Dome Gas Station