Find Wisconsin travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Fountain City, Wisconsin
The hazards of living downhill from boulders couldn't be presented more clearly.
Mom and Pop collection of concrete and glass sculptures, including a 12-foot ocean liner and the Wegners' 50th anniversary wedding cake.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Brewery with a monstrous sixer and a statue of the King of Beer.
Stroll the mold field, afterbirth of America's prolific statue maker.
Eclectic displays on local astronaut, moon rock, and bicycles.
A lumber town makes hay with a beloved local monster.
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
The King of All Dump People rolls a big one.
Folk art army sculpted from discarded beer bottles and concrete.
Shell Lake, Wisconsin
It's like a walk through a wooden Bible.
Baraboo - North Freedom, Wisconsin
Tom Every, aka "Dr. Evermor," constructed a science fiction landscape from old carburetors and discarded power house machines.
Spring Green, Wisconsin
This amazing place has little to do with a house or a rock, but a lot to do with music machines, a giant cannon, a sea monster, and excess amounts of everything.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
An upside-down White House is only the start of the mysterious conspiracy.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Now are you ready to discuss the political and ethical morass of state-sponsored torture? How about after we tighten your skull crusher?
When Halfway is Far Enough: Adventures along the 45th Parallel reach an exquisite intensity for map geeks in Wisconsin.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Wisconsin
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Wisconsin attractions.
- Baraboo: Circus World Museum
- Baraboo: The Forevertron
- Beloit: Angel Museum
- Birnamwood: World's Largest Badger
- Black River Falls: Moose [tips]
- Butte Des Morts: Schettl's Freight Sales
- Cataract: Wegner Grotto
- Cochrane: Prairie Moon Folk Art
- DeForest: Sissy the Cow
- Delavan: Romeo, Killer Elephant
- Dickeyville: Holy Ghost Grotto
- Eau Claire: Paul Bunyan and Babe statues
- Eau Claire: Ship Shaped Car Wash [tips]
- Elmwood: UFO Capital of Wisconsin [tips]
- Ft. Atkinson: National Dairy Shrine
- Fountain City: Rock in the House
- Hayward: Moccasin Bar
- Hayward: World's Largest Fiberglass Fish
- Hollandale: Nick Engelbert's Grandview Folk Art [tips]
- Green Bay: Green Bay Packer Receiver
- Green Bay: WTC Memorial
- Green Bay - Poland: UFO Landing Port
- Janesville: Bessie the Big Cow
- Kewaunee: World's Tallest Grandfather Clock
- La Crosse: Paul Hefti's yard art [tips]
- La Crosse: World's Largest Six Pack
- Lake Geneva: Andy Gump statue
- Lake Nebagamon: JFK's Twine Ball
- Madison: Pink Elephant [tips]
- Manitowoc: Sputnik Crashed Here
- Marshfield: Jurustic Park [tips]
- Mercer: World's Third Largest Loon
- Middleton: Mustard Museum [tips]
- Necedah: Virgin Mary Appeared Here
- Neillsville: World's Largest Talking Cow, Chatty Belle
- Phillips: Fred Smith's Concrete Park
- Plainfield: Psychopath Ghoul Ed Gein's Grave [tips]
- Plainfield: Site of Ed Gein's Ghoul House [tips]
- Rhinelander: Home of the Hodag
- Seymour: Home of the Hamburger
- Sheboygan: Wreck of the Lottie Cooper [tips]
- Shell Lake: Museum of Woodcarving
- Sparta: Deke Slayton Memorial Space and Bike Museum
- Sparta: F.A.S.T. Fiberglass Statue Factory
- Sparta: World's Largest Bicyclist
- Spring Green: House on the Rock
- Steven's Point: Boy and the Boot
- Two Rivers: Birthplace of the Ice Cream Sundae
- Wabeno: Paul Bunyan Statue [tips]
- Wausau: Boy and the Boot
- Wisconsin Dells: Mecca Report
- Wisconsin Dells: Ghost Outpost
- Wisconsin Dells: Museum of Historic Torture Devices
- Wisconsin Dells: Storybook Gardens [tips]
- Wisconsin Dells: Top Secret Inc
- Wisconsin Dells: Wizard Quest
- Woodruff: World's Largest Penny