Find Wyoming travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Lynched killer hand-me-downs still delight school children.
Gas chamber, gallows, perky tour guides.
The Jackalope is the Official Mythological Creature of Wyoming.
Giant retired aircraft hulks await your perusal at this working airport.
Abe's monumental head looks down from the highest point of the old Lincoln Highway.
The Ames Brothers, fatcat 19th century industrialists, are now as forgotten as the towering pyramid that was built in their honor.
Rawlins - Prisons are certainly no laughing matter, with their gas chambers, gallows, and electric chairs, and their daily melees of shower shivvings and cell block riots. Full story
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Also see: Complete list of Wyoming attractions.
- Afton: World's Largest Elk Horn Arch [tips]
- Buford: Tree in the Rock
- Buford: Ames Brothers Pyramid
- Cheyenne: Home of the Peacekeepers
- Little America: Emperor the Penguin
- Cheyenne: Tree in the Rock [tips]
- Cody: Daily Street Gunfights [tips]
- Dubois: Ride a Jackalope [tips]
- Greybull: Museum of Flight and Aerial Firefighting
- Jackson: Antler Arches
- Kemmerer: JC Penney Store No. 1 and JC Penney Museum [tips]
- Laramie: Giant Head of Abe Lincoln
- Lusk: Mother Featherlegs
- Medicine Bow: House Made of Dinosaur Bones
- Powder River: Hell's Half Acre
- Rawlins - Alcova: Mormon Handcart Visitors' Center
- Rawlins: Wyoming Frontier Prison Museum
- Rawlins: Shoes made from skin of an executed killer
- Sundance: Sundance Kid exhibit [tips]
- Thermopolis: Safari Club Lounge
- Upton: Two-headed calf [tips]