Find Wyoming travel tips, stories, maps, videos and news for unusual tourist attractions and sights.
Top Rated Attractions
The Ames Brothers, fatcat 19th century industrialists, are now as forgotten as the towering pyramid that was built in their honor.
Mel Gould has filled his property with wind-powered folk art, works in an underground shop he calls Buryville, and enjoys visitors.
Classic photo-op atop a stuffed six-foot-high jackrabbit with antlers and a saddle.
Gas chamber, gallows, perky tour guides.
Lynched killer hand-me-downs still delight school children.
The Jackalope is the Official Mythological Creature of Wyoming.
Giant retired aircraft hulks await your perusal at this working airport.
Abe's monumental gleaming head looks down from the highest point of the old Lincoln Highway.
Collection of trapper-taxidermist Jake Korell, and Wyoming history in wax: first woman hanged, autopsy of Big Nose George, Mormon handcart ordeal, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Edison.
Famous tree that seems to sprout from solid rock, preserved between the east and west lanes of I-80.
Roadside America's blog, offering news, rants and ruminations on the state of Wyoming
Offbeat Landmarks and Oddities
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Wyoming attractions.
- Afton: World's Largest Elkhorn Arch [tips]
- Alcova: Mormon Handcart Visitors' Center
- Buford: Ames Brothers Pyramid
- Buford: Tree in the Rock
- Buford: Smallest Town In America [tips]
- Casper: Root Beer Family Statues [tips]
- Casper: Every Roadside Gimmick: Sanford's Grub and Pub [tips]
- Casper: Life-Size T Rex Lit From Within [tips]
- Cheyenne: Home of the Peacekeepers
- Cheyenne: Emperor the Penguin
- Cheyenne: Mel Gould's Buryville
- Cheyenne: Giant Coffee Pot [tips]
- Cheyenne: Big Indian Faces Big Mountain Man [tips]
- Clearmont: Tiny Jail in Town Park [tips]
- Cody: Daily Street Gunfights [tips]
- Cody: Sleep in a Wagon, See Animal Tricks [tips]
- Cody: Towering Wooden Freak House [tips]
- Cody: Statue and Grave of Liver-Eating Johnson
- Devils Tower: Devils Tower
- Devils Tower: Close Encounters at Devils Tower [tips]
- Devils Tower: Prairie Dog Village [tips]
- Douglas: Former World's Largest Jackalope
- Douglas: World's Largest Jackalope [tips]
- Douglas: Jackalope Hilltop Silhouette [tips]
- Dubois: Ride the Jackalope
- Dubois: Giant Buffalo Skull Doorway [tips]
- Dubois: Giant Trout and Fishing Pole [tips]
- Dubois: Black Bear Statue [tips]
- Dubois: Tie Hack Monument [tips]
- Encampment: Two-Story Outhouse [tips]
- Evanston: Porter's Liquor And Fireworks [tips]
- Fort Bridger: Statue of Jim Bridger
- Fort Washakie: Grave and Statue of Sacajawea [tips]
- Fort Washakie: Grave and Statue of Chief Washakie
- Granite: Dome on the Range [tips]
- Greybull: Museum of Flight and Aerial Firefighting
- Hulett: Rogues Gallery and Old West Museum [tips]
- Jackson: Antler Arches of Jackson
- Kemmerer: JC Penney Museum and Mother Store [tips]
- Laramie: Giant Head of Abraham Lincoln
- Laramie: Big Brown T. Rex Made of Copper [tips]
- Laramie: Matthew Shepard Memorial Bench [tips]
- Laramie: Wyoming Territorial Prison [tips]
- Laramie: Gas Station Town of Tumbleweed
- Little America: Emperor the Penguin
- Lost Springs: City With Population of 1 (now 4) [tips]
- Lusk: Mother Featherlegs - Prostitute Monument
- Medicine Bow: Building Built of Dinosaur Bones
- Newcastle: World's Only Hand-Dug Producing Oil Well [tips]
- Pine Bluffs: Big Statue of the Virgin Mary [tips]
- Pine Bluffs: Tee Pee House [tips]
- Pinedale: Museum of the Mountain Man [tips]
- Powder River: Hell's Half Acre
- Ranchester: T-Rex Natural History Museum [tips]
- Rawlins: Wyoming Frontier Prison Museum
- Rawlins: Shoes Made From Big Nose George
- Rawlins: Edison Mural At The Keg Saloon
- Riverton: Wind River Heritage Center - Wax Museum
- Saratoga: Hobo Pool [tips]
- Sheridan: Fetterman Massacre Monument [tips]
- Sheridan: Swimming Pool Shark [tips]
- Thermopolis: Safari Club Lounge
- Thermopolis: World's Largest Hot Springs [tips]
- Upton: Two-Headed Calf [tips]
- Vore: Big Pit of Buffalo Bones
- Wapiti: Lonely Big Boy Statue [tips]
- Willwood: Ruins: Japanese Internment Camp [tips]
- Yellowstone National Park: World's Largest Active Geyser [tips]
- Yellowstone National Park: Old Faithful