Muffler Men can be elusive. Check the Muffler Men Map for what we already have on your sighting.
- Calgary, Alberta - Cowboy Muffler Man
There is a retired Phillips 66 Cowboy Muffler Man that has been hidden in Calgary for 15 years. In the late 1960s the owner of a mobile home business in Edmonton purchased the cowboy from a Phillips 66 station in the U.S. and moved him to Canada. It stood for many years at the mobile home business until it closed around 1999. The cowboy was then moved to the owner's farm -- until the farm was purchased by the Muffler Man's current owner. He had the cowboy restored and moved him to his business in Calgary where he has stood ever since.[Joel Baker, 02/19/2015]
Calgary Tunneling and Horizontal Augering
- 9424 60 St. SE, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Calgary Tunneling and Horizontal Augering. Southeast edge of the city. Hwy 210 exit at Glenmore Trail SE W. Drive west 2.5 kilometers to the first stoplight. Turn left onto 52 St. SE. Drive one kilometer. Turn left at the stoplight onto 94 Ave. SE. The road becomes a gravel road, but keep driving. When it bends sharply left you'll see the Muffler Man on the right.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
- Hosmer, British Columbia - Muffler Man Bunyan with Custom Head
I recently became aware of a 15-foot-tall Muffler Man lumberjack with a non-standard head in Hosmer. The giant stood in nearby Fernie for over 40 years outside OK Tire. When the business closed in 2008 the lumberjack was purchased by Sandra and David Barrett and moved to their home. It is not known what happened to his original head or how he got the current replacement.[Joel Baker, 02/19/2015]
Morrilton, Arkansas - Texaco Big Friend
Petroliana collector Rob Harris owns one of only a handful of surviving Texaco Big Friend statues. Recently, he had the statue restored to its original colors. The statue stands between two vintage Texaco station signs.[Joel Baker, 02/15/2015]
Joel notes that the statue is not in a publicly accessible spot, so we list it here for tracking purposes. Hope it eventually finds its way back to a roadside view.
- Location unspecified at owner's request.
- Private property - not visible from street.
- Largo, Florida - Muffler Man: The Big Man
Drove past today and the parts store is being remodeled. No sign of the Muffler Man. Hopefully he'll be back when the renovations are complete.[Jeremy, 01/25/2015]
Urbanna, Virginia - Mark Cline Muffler Man
Muffler Man holding ice cream scoop and golf ball.[Jane Trueblood, 01/20/2015]
The "golf ball" is supposed to be a scoop of pistachio ice cream; Mark Cline fashioned it from a giant golf ball mold as a joke.
Bethpage Camp Resort
- Old Virginia St., Urbanna, VA
- Bethpage Camp Resort. From US Hwy 17/Tidewater Trail turn north onto Hwy 616/Town Bridge Rd (You'll see a Bethpage Camp Resort sign on the south side of US Hwy 17, pointing the way). Drive north 2.5 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 602/Old Virgina St. Drive a half-mile. You'll see the Muffler Man on the right, next to an ice cream shop and the Cowtopia minigolf course.