Muffler Men can be elusive. Check the Muffler Men Map for what we already have on your sighting.
- Tucson, Arizona - Stamper Miner
The Stamper Miner [formerly in Rapid City, South Dakota] has been moved to Tucson. He stands in front of Cummings Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling. The statue was completely refurbished. It has an excellent base and stand to take pictures on.[Kevin, 12/16/2015]
Muffler Pirate at dusk![Corey Miller, 12/06/2015]
A becalmed moment between swashbuckling chores.
Spotted: Muffler Mr. Spock (maybe torso only), anchored to the roof of a signage company. Who knows what the future has in store for our dear Muffler Mr. Spock? Whatever it is, may he indeed "live long and prosper."[Ry Austin, 12/01/2015]
The half-a-Muffler-Man has been mounted to the sign company's roof since at least 2007. The Spock transformation is a recent upgrade.
- 257 W 3300 S, Salt Lake City, UT
- On the roof of Rainbow Neon Sign Company. I-15 exit 303. Turn east onto Hwy 171/W 3300 S. Drive one block. The sign company will be on the right, just past the gas station. The Muffler Man is set back a little way from the street, visible from an alley next to the building.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
After a year away from its donkey pasture home, the newly refurbished 14 ft Muffler Man was installed today by Joel Baker and his American Giants team. In 2014 the American Giants crew launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the repairs which included the addition of arms, a head, and a custom axe, none of which the Muffler Man had for the 20 years it stood in the pasture along western Kentucky's Pennyrile Parkway.
As they documented the restoration, they learned that this Muffler Man was originally produced in 1963 for Implement Specialty Co. in St. Louis. The restoration work done on this giant is amazing.[mister4xl, 11/15/2015]
- Mortons Gap-White Plains Rd, Mortons Gap, KY
- SE of Madisonville. Traveling south on the Pennyrille Parkway, you can see him on the right, near the exit 34 sign before the exit to the Western Kentucky Parkway.
- Private Property - visible from road.
I checked on him on November 8, 2015. He's still laying down. It looks like it's the home of the island junk collector. No one was around to ask what they plan on doing with him.[Kathy Kirkpatrick, 11/10/2015]
- Ridge Rd, Chincoteague, VA
- Hwy 175 onto Chincoteague Island, then turn south. After several blocks turn left onto Bunting Rd, then turn right onto Ridge Rd. Drive a half-mile. The Viking lies on his back, on the east side of Ridge Rd, just south of Pony Swim Lane and the colorfully painted house.
- Taken down April 2015. Seen lying on his back Aug. 2015.