Muffler Men can be elusive. Check the Muffler Men Map for what we already have on your sighting.
Our local muffler man has been spruced up a bit! Still missing his right arm, though.[Dan Busha, 04/07/2015]
- 1265 Lake Ave., Lake Vanare, NY
- I-87 exit 21. Hwy 9N south, five miles, west side of the road, near the Adirondack Memories Gift Shop, up in the trees.
Tootsie is super easy to get to! She is strapped at the waist to the building. She could use a new coat of paint, but she's secure and safe. The "Smile, you're on camera" signs really did make me smile.
Bradenton is a really cool town with a great arts district located relatively close to Tootsie.[J Bradshaw, 03/11/2015]
What an interesting little town. The Muffler Man is still standing post. He's pretty dirty and has some hornet nests hanging from his chin, but overall he's in good shape. Dedication is required to get here; Zephyrhills added some time to my route. But it is a pleasant little Twilight Zone stop.[J Bradshaw, 03/11/2015]
There is now another Uniroyal Gal on display, this one designed as a cowgirl. I talked to one of the employees who said they had the mold used to make her, and that it would cost around $20,000 if I wanted to buy one like her. I asked about the least expensive model; he said right out of the mold, no clothes, no paint, no primer, would cost about $12,000.
Note: If you want to take pictures for free, stay outside the gate. I made the mistake of driving through to get closer, and was charged $10 because the property is now a "theme park."[Bob Kirkpatrick, 02/26/2015]
- Calgary, Alberta - Cowboy Muffler Man
There is a retired Phillips 66 Cowboy Muffler Man that has been hidden in Calgary for 15 years. In the late 1960s the owner of a mobile home business in Edmonton purchased the cowboy from a Phillips 66 station in the U.S. and moved him to Canada. It stood for many years at the mobile home business until it closed around 1999. The cowboy was then moved to the owner's farm -- until the farm was purchased by the Muffler Man's current owner. He had the cowboy restored and moved him to his business in Calgary where he has stood ever since.[Joel Baker, 02/19/2015]
Calgary Tunneling and Horizontal Augering
- 9424 60 St. SE, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Calgary Tunneling and Horizontal Augering. Southeast edge of the city. Hwy 210 exit at Glenmore Trail SE W. Drive west 2.5 kilometers to the first stoplight. Turn left onto 52 St. SE. Drive one kilometer. Turn left at the stoplight onto 94 Ave. SE. The road becomes a gravel road, but keep driving. When it bends sharply left you'll see the Muffler Man on the right.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour