Tips are recent, often unverified sightings, and will eventually be added to the tracking chart. Please check the Tracking Chart before submitting your own encounters.
Morrilton, Arkansas - Texaco Big Friend
Petroliana collector Rob Harris owns one of only a handful of surviving Texaco Big Friend statues. Recently, he had the statue restored to its original colors. The statue stands between two vintage Texaco station signs.[Joel Baker, 02/15/2015]
Joel notes that the statue is not in a publicly accessible spot, so we list it here for tracking purposes. Hope it eventually finds its way back to a roadside view.
- Location unspecified at owner's request.
- Private property - not visible from street.
- Largo, Florida - Muffler Man: The Big Man
Drove past today and the parts store is being remodeled. No sign of the Muffler Man. Hopefully he'll be back when the renovations are complete.[Jeremy, 01/25/2015]
Urbanna, Virginia - Mark Cline Muffler Man
Muffler Man holding ice cream scoop and golf ball.[Jane Trueblood, 01/20/2015]
The "golf ball" is supposed to be a scoop of pistachio ice cream; Mark Cline fashioned it from a giant golf ball mold as a joke.
Bethpage Camp Resort
- Old Virginia St., Urbanna, VA
- Bethpage Camp Resort. From US Hwy 17/Tidewater Trail turn north onto Hwy 616/Town Bridge Rd (You'll see a Bethpage Camp Resort sign on the south side of US Hwy 17, pointing the way). Drive north 2.5 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 602/Old Virgina St. Drive a half-mile. You'll see the Muffler Man on the right, next to an ice cream shop and the Cowtopia minigolf course.
- Everett, Washington - Muffler Man - Stevedore Man
When I was little he used to still have his hammer, but over the years he must have lost or retired it. He now holds a Seahawks 12th man flag. He overlooks the Everett waterfront as its silent protector.[Caleb, 01/04/2015]
Blackfoot, Idaho - Martha's Cafe - Uniroyal Gal
There's a giant fiberglass waitress next to Martha's Cafe. Similar to a Muffler Man, but a woman. Very well done I think.[Tony Mueller, 01/03/2015]
The waitress is classified by us as a Uniroyal Gal, so named because she and her many sisters were originally built to stand in front of Uniroyal dealerships, holding tires.