Muffler Men can be elusive. Check the Muffler Men Map for what we already have on your sighting.
His arm has been repaired. He stands in front of a restaurant that is attached to the discount store. I was there just a few days ago checking out the store (Richard's Discount Store), which is in a large building just a few miles north of another large discount store (Baily's) on the same road. You can find just about anything for sale at either location. Even if you're not wanting to buy anything, it is interesting to just look around at what they do have for sale.[Profe, 08/10/2016]
Toto, Plentiful Land of Discounts.
We saw this being towed down Highway 39 as we came back from the Wisconsin Dells on 07/23/16. It seemed to be in pieces on the trailer.[Belkwinith, 07/29/2016]
This Bunyan Muffler Man stood at a campground in Clinton since the 1990s (before that it was at a Chicago auto repair shop). It disappeared around 2010, still on the property but disassembled and left in the woods, footless, and at the mercy of the elements. You spotted him on the move to Illinois, where the American Giants team plans to attempt a complete restoration!
- Location approximate, on E State Line Rd along border of IL/WI.
- July 2016: Moved, being restored.
- In Transition
To see the Muffler Indian, you need to walk through the shop and back into the outdoor courtyard.[Santee, 07/21/2016]
Creepy cool![Tim and Eli, 07/14/2016]
This latter generation variant on the classic cowboy Muffler Man is about 14 ft. tall. He was custom-created in Virginia in 2016 to hold an impressive pyrotechnic accessory.
Roller Coaster Fireworks
- 980 Broyles Ranch Rd, Battle Mountain, NV
- I-80 exit 231, South side of Broyles Ranch Rd.
Eat at the Fish Tale seafood restaurant across the street from Big John -- it's great![Laydon, 07/11/2016]
- 1400 SE 47th Terrace, Cape Coral, FL
- I-75 exit 131. West on Daniels Pky 4.5 miles. North on Cleveland Ave. one-half mile, then west on College Pky. After about four miles go over the bridge, then north at the light onto Del Prado Blvd, then an immediate left onto SE 47th Terrace. The shopping center will be on the left.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour