Tips are recent, often unverified sightings, and will eventually be added to the tracking chart. Please check the Tracking Chart before submitting your own encounters.
Urbanna, Virginia - Mark Cline Muffler Man
Muffler Man holding ice cream scoop and golf ball.[Jane Trueblood, 01/20/2015]
The "golf ball" is supposed to be a scoop of pistachio ice cream; Mark Cline fashioned it from a giant golf ball mold as a joke.
Bethpage Camp Resort
- Old Virginia St., Urbanna, VA
- Bethpage Camp Resort. From US Hwy 17/Tidewater Trail turn north onto Hwy 616/Town Bridge Rd (You'll see a Bethpage Camp Resort sign on the south side of US Hwy 17, pointing the way). Drive north 2.5 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 602/Old Virgina St. Drive a half-mile. You'll see the Muffler Man on the right, next to an ice cream shop and the Cowtopia minigolf course.
- Everett, Washington - Muffler Man - Stevedore Man
When I was little he used to still have his hammer, but over the years he must have lost or retired it. He now holds a Seahawks 12th man flag. He overlooks the Everett waterfront as its silent protector.[Caleb, 01/04/2015]
Blackfoot, Idaho - Martha's Cafe - Uniroyal Gal
There's a giant fiberglass waitress next to Martha's Cafe. Similar to a Muffler Man, but a woman. Very well done I think.[Tony Mueller, 01/03/2015]
The waitress is classified by us as a Uniroyal Gal, so named because she and her many sisters were originally built to stand in front of Uniroyal dealerships, holding tires.
Gallup, New Mexico - Muffler Man - "Dude Man"
Standing in the classic Muffler Man pose.[Roger Sleight, 01/01/2015]
John's Used Cars
- 416 W. Coal Ave., Gallup, NM
- John's Used Cars. On the northeast corner of W. Coal Ave. and S. 5th St. I-40 exit 20, drive south to Hwy 66, and turn left. Drive to 5th St. and turn right. The Muffler Man is one block south, on the left.
Beaumont, Texas - Muffler Man - Happy Half Wit
Still looking happy -- and actually holding a muffler.[Roger Sleight, 12/31/2014]
Of course he's happy; he's doing what he was born to do.