Taco Maria Has Her Arms Chopped Off
"Monster Maria," a statue of Maria Corbalan, owner of a Taco XPress in South Austin, Texas, has had its arms chopped off by daring vandals. They climbed atop the restaurant on the night of September 14 and hacked off her eight-foot arms, leaving only shreds of styrofoam on the roof.
The vandals then reportedly called a local newspaper to boast that Maria had had "liposuction" on her arms.
The desecration of the statue, which was a beloved local landmark, has led some to speculate that it was performed by a local taco competitor. Maria has pledged to replace the arms, suggesting the new ones might be made of cactus to discourage future indignities.[10/01/2005]
- 2529 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX
- Atop Taco Xpress. South side of the city. I-35 exit 232-A. Drive west on Oltorf St. until it ends, then turn left onto Lamar Blvd./Hwy 343. Taco XPress will be about a half-mile, at number 2529.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- May 15: Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Apr 30: Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Apr 24: Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Apr 17: Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- Apr 8: The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Apr 5: Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man